Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traffic light finder prism-inverted?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, Apr 26, 2013.

1. 5window

5window

Y'all know those traffic finder prisms? They help us folks with visors-like Model A's-to see the traffic light when we're up close to the line. The two I have found, a suction cup one that mounts to the glass, and the more refined Guide style, mount from the dash.

I need one that mounts upside down-in other words will have the mounting arm coming down from the roof or top of the windshield.

Anybody know a source? I'd appreciate it. Thanks

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Get the screw on type the suction cup ones fall off in a few weeks. The prism is on a swivel and works either way once it is adjusted.

3. bgaro

bgaro

check it out, you can pull it apart, make new arms, lengthen, of do what ever u want

Attached Files:

4. alchemy

alchemy

You need it mounted upside down so you can see the lines painted on the road?

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

That way he knows if he in a passing zone or not..

6. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

How about the magnetic base for those, got one in my car and its pretty strong.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. 3quarter32

3quarter32

All that I can add is, don't buy the Speedway prisim.

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Ditto on the magnetic base. They sell them on EBay. Or buy a Fulton like this

Attached Files:

9. fifty3

fifty3
    from california

Where can i find one of these at jcmarz

10. daddio211

daddio211

I used one of these and it was awesome. Nobody else ever noticed it. http://www.lightinsight.com/

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

When in need Hot Rodders step up and improvise. It shouldn't be too difficult for a clever guy to come up with a solution. I'll bet if you think about it you can come up with a couple of different ways to get what you want.

Frank

12. 5window

5window

Yeah, that's where I am at. The Lightinsight is "not available at this time". The top of the dash rail is pretty narrow in an A to use the magnetic base and even though the Guide prism's arem is adjustable, you can't invert it and still get an upward visual. I have a suction cup one, think a new bracket is in order. Thanks.

13. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

That IS pretty slick, but I don't see[sic] how you can use that on a car with a wide visor, unless you place it around steering wheel height on the windshield.

Although, you could it halfway down your windshield and talk about your windshield with bifocals:eek:

14. raidmagic

raidmagic

This is exactly what I need. I have a visor on my Hudson and I recently got it on the road. Stop lights are a bear. Are there some brands better than others?

15. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

For the Fulton, the swap meet, Ebay. That style Fulton with the arm is not reproduced (as far as I know)
    Here's one for sale on Ebay right now.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/original-fu...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f249268f0&vxp=mtr
    The one for sale is missing one arm but these Fultons pop up on Ebay all the time. You just need to keep a eye open. They are pricey.

16. daddio211

daddio211

My A Tudor was chopped 3 1/2". I put the Light-N-Sight at the top of the windshield in the center. (Being 6' 1" it was directly in my line of sight when I put it on the driver's side.)

I actually ended up cutting it in half because the upper half just showed the sun visor. The smaller version took considerably less room, too.

Sucks that they're not available, I bought mine from a hot rod shop somewhere in the northern states. Wish I could remember who!

17. 5window

5window

Why?

18. 5window

5window

I wish you could remember,too. :)