Register now to get rid of these ads!

Warning-Skipwhite performance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrotti, Apr 24, 2013.

1. hotrotti

hotrotti
    from Finland

I buy lots,lots of parts from skipwhite performance ,at the begining the communication was very strange,no answers,etc.Problem is at i'm international buyer and I have to pay parts first (ebay),then problems start.They overcharge me ,send several emails,no answer,first promise to check my invoice,after 2 weeks they don't even remember me.New emails,nothing.Okay ,I loose my money,my problem,I cant do anything.
    This warning is for international buyers,dont EVER trust this company.
    It's easy to cheat people outside us,they newer send parts back or come to his door.Sorry my bad english ,hopely people understand what I try to say.

2. alchemy

alchemy

Here's the first question always asked: Did you pay with a credit card? If so, call the card and tell them you never received the product. They should refund you.

3. Old Ray

Old Ray

……………….or PayPal dispute (if used)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  4. hotrotti

hotrotti
    from Finland

I pay by paypal,first 2 months I was friendly and I was patient,last mail what I send it was not that friendly anymore.I write at If they really want to handle this problem, forget about it.Answer is :thank you and have a nice day.

5. pitman

pitman

This might be a useful site, at least the english phrases make sense: http://translate.reference.com/

It's apparent you have a good basic sense of what need to be said.
    Paypal is huge, I'd be persistent, keep knocking on their door.

6. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

I buy from them quite frequently and my parts always arrive on time and I always get a tracking number. With that being said, I am not saying that you are wrong in any way...you may have just had a bad experience. This is from their Ebay page:

Did you ask for the correct amount for the part with shipping as per instructed?

Message from seller:

Hello customer, We have pulled your order TO BE PROCESSED FOR SHIPPING. This message DOES NOT mean your order has shipped, only that it is being processed in the shipping department. If you see your tracking number doesn't become active within 24 business hours or if one doesn't appear at all after you receive this message then you may need to contact us.
    ALSO, If you paid with a PO POX and we are shipping FedEx, then this order will not ship.

***If you have only paid the shipping amount listed but you are shipping to PUERTO RICO, HI, AK, GUAM, or ANYWHERE OUTSIDE THE USA, then YOUR ITEM WILL NOT SHIP until the correct shipping amount has been paid. ALL OF OUR LISTINGS ASK THAT YOU REQUEST THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF SHIPPING BEFORE YOU BUY.

***Also, once you receive this message, it may not be possible to change anything on your order from this point on. We can attempt, but it will not be guaranteed. If you need to change anything on your order or shipping address it is very wise to CALL US DIRECTLY to assure we receive the message BEFORE it ships because if you send a message to us, there is a high chance that we could NOT receive it before your order ships due to a high message volume.

If there is a delay in your order for ANY REASON please check your email address on file with Ebay and your ebay inbox for any communication from us because you may need to CALL US (423) 722-5152 to further proceed with your order.

Thank you very much for your order and we do strive to ship within 24 hours of the order being processed, excluding HEADS, ROTATING ASSEMBLIES, BLOCK KITS, BLOCKS, ENGINES, OR ANY LARGE/OVERSIZED ORDERS.

Thank you,
    skipwhite

7. i have bought from them several times on eBay and never had a problem , i just got some stuff from them yesterday....there must be some misunderstanding

8. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

never had issues as well.Last stuff i ordered there happened to be a wrong part in the box.Shipped me out a new one overnight without any questions.Told me to keep the other part or send back when i had time.Had questions on some purchases and have always been able to get ahold of some body for answers.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

not sure why you didn't file with paypal before the time limit was up.

if you paid with a credit card contact them and get a refund.

10. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Pitman x2 right answer, don't feel bad about your English, just ask the UK we can't speak English either:D good luck

11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I've bought from him on the bay...things worked out awesome. :confused:

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've bought a number of things from them on Ebay, have Emailed back and forth and have called the shop and talked to a real person a time or two. Usually what ever I buy shows up fairly quickly.

I think your real problem may be the way Ebay handles business now on buy it now items. Rather than let the seller calculate and bill the buyer as they used to do the Paypal thing pops up with the pay now deal and it gets the shipping wrong on all too many items. Since that started I only sell buy it now items that will ship in priority shipping one price boxes, regular auction items don't seem to be a problem though.

It isn't that hard to contact them directly http://www.skipwhiteperformance.com/Contact.aspx and I'd suggest that out of the US people buy direct rather than going through Ebay. The price is the same.

13. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

I've bought quite a few things from them with no issues, granted they were all through ebay. Everything was shipped super fast for me.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably the best solution is for Skip White and other US vendors to petition Ebay to fix it so that foreign buyers can't and don't have to pay now on a buy it now and have to wait until they are billed for the exact shipping costs as it was previously. That even screws those of us who buy more than one item now and end up paying extra shipping costs even though the sellers are more than willing to combine items.

15. Weasel

Weasel

I had terrible experiences with Skip White - I would not post this unless the experiences were really bad and totally inexcusable. It is very simple - heed the warning and place your business elsewhere....

16. Avgas

Avgas

I've bought from Skip White, hag freight sent locally to the US or directly to me in Australia, always good service and communication, which on occasion has been slowish but there is a. Notice on there site that due to the volumn of traffic that it may take a little longer to reply to your enquiries. I have given good feedback on all transactions, Wayne

17. brad chevy

brad chevy

Seems like every post that has problems with Skip White are overseas orders and the E-bay crap.

18. Weasel

Weasel

Not mine - I ordered an engine from him/them in the U.S. and got the big time runaround, excuses, more excuses, non returned and non acknowledged calls and emails - for months. I had the aluminum heads which they part shipped me, ported, polished and ceramic coated for the engine they were going to build/have built for me as agreed with them when I placed the order. I shipped them back for the build and they sent them back saying they could not supply me with the engine I had ordered and would not credit me on the heads because they had been polished - even though that was the basis that they shipped them to me in the first place - to have them prepped for the engine build. Anyone need a pair of polished ceramic coated SBC aluminum heads? I still have them unopened in the box they shipped them back to me - three years later.:mad: I still have all the other parts I bought for that engine too - TWM stack injection setup, FAST XFI controller and wiring harness, distributor, customized Inglese cam - everything polished, plated and powdercoated

I see they are still advertising the engine that they could not supply me with on their website. It kinda makes me wonder as they contracted to supply me, took money and then failed to do so, leaving me holding the baby and financially harmed - sounds like breach of contract to me....

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  19. agtw31

agtw31

there are a lot of engine builders and parts sellers out there who have plain ripped off foreign buyers
    they get jammed up financially,and run with the money