Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Hot Rod Reunion - New England Dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TagMan, Jun 16, 2012.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve,
    We're printing as fast as we can:D:D

2. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Does anyone know what fees are being charged for entrance and displays?
    Are there any camping areas? What are the rules for an 1950"s dragster?

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll aske Eileen Daniels and get back to you.

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can anyone from this area recommend a motel to stay at near the track that's clean and not over priced?? Thank you in advance.
    Wanda

5. Wanda, There are a lot of places in Manchester where I live which is about 25 minutes away (to the west). Other than that Raymond NH has some but I'm not familiar with those. PM me if you want some info on the Manchester ones.
    Tom

6. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Wanda I can not help you with recomendations. But there is hotel lodging in towns within 30 minutes normal driving time of the strip in all 3 states as follows. NH towns are Manchester,Nashua,Hampton, Seabrook,Dover. Maine in Kittery. Massachusetts towns Amesbury,Haverhill.

Steve

7. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

This sounds great...can only attend Sat due to work. Hope everyone still stays there.
    Anyone know how much for Sat only?

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks everyone. It's for friends of ours that are coming from Virginia. I will pass the word to them.

9. Exeter NH might be an option too. Very close to Epping.

10. smautobody

smautobody

We are looking forward to coming to
    this event

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve,
    So glad to hear that you will be there. We can't wait either.

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My husband and i just got home from attending the inagural New England NHRA Nationals at Epping. If this event is any sign of what is to come with the Hot Rod Reunion the event is going to be over the top. This event was GREAT!!! Tons of people and seemed to be very well organized. I don't think they had any idea how many people were going to show up. Seemed so nice to have something like this so close to us. Very much looking forward to the reunion there.

13. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Yes I agree they put on a good show and seemed to be pretty well organized. I went Thursday and Friday. I live only 20 mins south of the strip. That would be awsum for NED if the attenadance is any where near to this event. I think they should step up the publicity and the promotion for the reunion. I am confused with exactly what type of cars will be running. I belive it says group 2 on the NHRA site. What does group 2 consist of?

14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Interesting this morning at the Heavenly Donut shop down the road from the dragway. John Force's crew was in there getting donuts and coffee (coudn't miss the Castrol livery). Someone asked them how they liked the track, first time there for them in competition, don't know if they barnstormed there. Anyway they said they loved being at sea level, said their "track guy" went over the track start to finish on his knees and said it was flat and staight, one of the best they had been too and, this surprised me, the large amount of woods all around the track and in Rockingham County had the oxygen level higher than they normally see.
    As for the HRR, already sent in my entry, you get it from NHRA Museum, not the track. There should be publicity and I know guys in CT who are getting FEDs out of mothballs to bring, cackle fest cars are coming, figure it will draw from Canada, out to Ohio maybe, certainly NE and mid-Atlantic. I am going more to see all the hot rods, all the old race cars (look what showed up for the Orange Reunion in MA) and so forth. Should be quite an event, about 30 min from my house. Don't get any better than that!

15. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Just checked NHRA website, Force lost in final round to his daughter Courtney, she ran a 4.301 at 261.

16. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Are they letting Hotrods in all days of the event or just one day?If it's one day,what day?

17. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

all three days, Thurs. Fri. Sat. .

18. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Still will never compare to the 32 funny car shows , the Grand am, or the Gas Supercharged shows from years ago.

19. ardyboy

ardyboy

just sent in our registration---now we gotta keep the old girl together

20. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

It is now August 14, NED HRR starts in 30 days. I sent in my money for tickets in June, haven't seen them so I wrote to the NHRA museum site where you send for them. Got this reply this morning:

"The printer made a very big mistake, all the credentials had to be reprinted, they are suppose to arrive at headquarters late today, I am hopeful that ticketing will be able to start mailing out the credentials on Thursday/Friday.

Please let me know when you do receive them.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, appreciate your patience in this matter.

Sharai

Sharai Steinbacher
    Administrative Assistant
    Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum"

21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the info.

22. Here is the Event Schedule I received in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to it.

Attached Files:

23. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

TFoch, did you get your tickets and credentials?

24. My car's not done so I'll be going general admission. Didn't order any tickets yet.

25. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

thank you

26. We sent in our application a couple of weeks ago. Leaving next Wednesday with our Chassis Research dragster. Our son & friend will be bringing our Altered on Thursday. Hope we get our credentials by then.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. I jusr got word that the orange crate dragster out of waterloo ia. Will be competing. Labor day weekend this car went three passesin the fives and one at 5.75.

28. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Got my credentials just this week. If you dont have them you should call. The shop is getting their credentials at the 'will call' window? at the event.

29. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Joe, what day(s) are you gonna be there? Is there a HAMB meet and greet?