Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the Jalapeno roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleet-master, Dec 21, 2010.

1. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks for the congrats too Bilt, Jeff and Frank. Lifes pretty busy. I got four client cars on and they're all quite big jobs...and work on my roadster is at a halt while I keep pushing along on my 57 Belair.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Hmmmmm a roadster with ifs I shall be watching this one

3. rodent69

rodent69
    from Isanti MN

i had a t bucket, s/s gas tank with foam bricks and mechinical sender, worked good with no problems....................for windscreen posts i got the california custom roadsters short posts and got brass tubing cut to size, slots milled in it (6mm if i remember righty) brazed the corners, got it chromed and glass glued in........worked great

http://californiacustomroadsters.com/index3.html

4. fleet-master

fleet-master

hey thanks Rodent. I checked out their site. Their screen posts could be what i need,there doesn't seem to be any real good pics of them on the site? I glued a couple bits of MDF together to carve my own design a little while ago, and get some cast up....hmmm food for thought.
    Funny this should come back up...I've been making a list in my head of jobs I can get done on it for not much money...and make some progress :D

5. rodent69

rodent69
    from Isanti MN

they're good quailty i must say........pic ain't that good...........if you can scratch build a body, screen posts shouldn't be a hassle with your talents:)

Attached Files:

6. rodent69

rodent69
    from Isanti MN

7. fleet-master

fleet-master

hey thanks Rodent, I checked out the link. I remember that car.I wonder where it is now?
    I'm going to need a flat screen on my T as the top of the cowl runs straight across. Theres a chap with Aluminium extrusion for windsheilds advertised on Trade Me. I'm thinkin that would be good for the actual screen frame. It has channels for weather strip seals which may be worth having..

8. I'll second the request :D

Shrap:cool:

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

yup...chassis is in my garage, diff too....body stored on its nose in my workshop...front susp in the house...nose and hood in my sleepout...engine over here...wheels over there...no room in workshop for it this year.
    Btw...I'm looking for a pair of Bonus doors Shrappy. Know of any?

10. One guy in the club I can think of may have some , I'll get back to ya :)

Shrap:cool:

11. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

Sir, you have some freekin unbelievable manufacturing talents. I need to close the door to my garage and burn it to the ground. Can't wait to see when this radical Track-T is completed!

12. fleet-master

fleet-master

Thank you Moe..much appreciated!!

13. Hey Hey . The Only Bonus stuff he has , he's putting to use :confused:

I did however , score a 48-ish ford front clip , , , :D :D :D

Shrappy :cool:

14. fleet-master

fleet-master

Thanks Shrappy. I've started a build thread on my truck, check it out. I think I've got a plan for the doors, but now I'm after some rear guards...steel ones of course! (and I don't mind if they need repairs). Hows you truck coming along?

15. Ok , I'll keep Eye's and Ears open for rear fenders then too . :) .

Haven't done too much on the Truck , Got side tracked with prepping the Mini for Pork Pie Charity Run . Have managed to track down 2 Flathead V8's , and brought both , , , neither have turned out to be as good as what the sellers said they were !! , But think I can rustle up a runner with the bits i have :D .
    Also trying to throw a shed together to put the Old Truck into , , , No fun working on it under the carport :eek::eek::eek: .

Shrapnel :cool:

16. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hope this 'un makes the cut on the new improved Hamb.....:eek:

17. Just found your thread. I really like how you’re setting up your T! (If I can call it that since you made it out of sheet steel and magic with your own two hands!)

Any progress?