Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Alternatives to Shaved Door Handles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rot 'n Kustom, Jul 13, 2012.

1. 48stude

48stude

Here is a pic of the door handles I made for my Chevy truck. I patterned them after an late seventies ,early eighties Dodge Omni . They're located at the very bottom of the door and they're cable actuated. Bill

Attached Files:

2. mdfoxw2001

mdfoxw2001
    from Georgia

I saw this thread, though older, and wanted some input. The blade type handles that were used on the 50's Chrysler show cars were a nice touch. I am working on a 1955 U.S. Fiberglass Mark-II, search forgottenfiberglass.com, and am planning to fabricate similar handles in stainless for the car. I have searched quite a bit on the internet and these things are hard to find. I found a set in Italy a while back, but too high for me sight unseen. If these handles work as well in person as they do on paper, I might consider making more. I have included some renderings. Has anybody seen a handle like this available recently? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

3. Anderson

Anderson

'55 Desoto....
    [​IMG]

4. Harris

Harris

Love that Desoto handle - I too am looking for a mechanical replacement for my door handles! Thought about the Lincoln push buttons, but not sure how they'd look.

5. mdfoxw2001

mdfoxw2001
    from Georgia

I like the DeSoto handle as well. I think the blade style will work better for my car. The Mark-II was sold as a fiberglass shell. The builder had to figure out the rest. This meant that there was no specific way to finish it. I am doing a vintage build using a 1953 ford chassis. It will have a 54 Mercury flathead in it, Canadian that is.

Attached Files: