Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. thanks!!! right now it looks like a big pile of snakes havin an orgy by the masters down there...need to get more rubber insulated line straps and get it all squared away

2. Looking real nice,would love to have look at it in person. You're gettin there !!!! JW :)

3. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

S W E E T !!!!!!!!!!! Thats what i'm talking about!!!!

very nice, you have nailed it

4. farmer12

farmer12

Just been updating myself with your thread. Getting better everytime I read it, awesome!

5. JCShiels

JCShiels

I saw your car at the Detroit show and I have to say that no other car in that huge show grabbed me by the gut like that little Fiat. You have captured the essence of hot rodding in one small package. Thank You!

6. thanks guys.....just trying to build the car that i fell in love wit when i was a kid at the track one summer day many years ago:eek:

7. Been workin 14~16 hour days....6 days a week for the last couple of weeks....then had the hot water heater blow its top 2 days ago ..got to stuff the new one in the morning...so not much time for Lil Beast....but i sneak out there when i can..generally after the wife is asleep...

So, We're gettin closer...playin with this at work....cut down and tac welded....then brought home to test fit...
    uploadfromtaptalk1365663347357.jpg

And this end is just about done
    uploadfromtaptalk1365663449919.jpg

8. Im waiting to see a pic of the smile on ya face after you get to drive it for the first time. JW :)

9. well i won t be able to see it when the time comes...but ya can bet it'll be a bigin!!!!!!!:D:cool:

10. picked up the drive shaft today ....one of my old vega drive shafts that i cut down..had my trans shop buddy finish it ...balanced and new joints.........workin on some real wires.....still have to finish figuring the spacer for the lower crank pulley...don t know if i can wait that long to make it move itself...might have to run the alley out back behind the house without the pulley...short alley..i think over heating wouldn t be an issue:eek:

11. Playing around late last Niue after work...some old goodies...
    uploadfromtaptalk1366387046301.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1366387067456.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1366387083236.jpg

Old Carter carb fuel filter that was mounted to my hemi when i bought it...and a fuel rail i fabbed years ago...been on several of my hot Ross over the years..
    and my size 8 DD boot next to my massive driveshaft ...
    Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. Man thats getting close. JW

13. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Great build, and hey its got a Hemi to....

14. Yes it does!!! If ya go back thru my build and ya can see how tight a hemi is in an Italian spots car:cool:

Jw...gettin close...just sold my front slots to a fellow Hamber...was going to buy a set of new spoke wheels...but debating on a manifold to replace the single two barrel setup...decisions decisions:confused:

Think i want the spoke mags...it runs fine with the deuce carb;)

15. Lil Beast gets new front mags....now we need something to wrap around em...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  16. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

That is really gonna change the look of the Beast. They look great. What did you decide to do for tires? Keep up the good work. I would like to see you stop in on your cross country cruise this summer.:eek::D:)

17. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Topolino Kid;Yes it does!!! If ya go back thru my build and ya can see how tight a hemi is in an Italian spots car:cool:

But you got it in there, cant wait to the fireup...

18. captmullette

captmullette

went with the rockets, I like em, got some myself.....saw a car almost identical to yours at hhr bowling green name was bourne identity, guys last name was bourne

19. bgblk40

bgblk40
    from Midwest

Topolinos were relatively common at drag strips particularly in the '50s and '60s. Very nostalgic drag racing icons. They made really cool altereds.

Tom

20. wow i loaded the pic of the mags before work in a big hurry...that thing is blurry!!!!!!

Bob, haven't odered the tires yet...But i'm leaning towards the FIRESTONE F560...so far they seems to be getting good reveiws from others here....the rears, well i've been drooling over the Radir 12.00-15 for so many years, i'm having a hard time looking at anything else...i just love the look of em

21. afaulk

afaulk

Looking great! ....and now we know where the bigfoot prints come from.

22. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

It's your car, get the Radir 12-15's, it will look killer.

23. Bob, you KNOW you're on my "we're hungry and need gas stop";)

Esgee, if ya go back to around page 8??or just before it or after there's a crappy cell vid a freind of mine made of it running...i didn't know he was doing it till after i shut it down..:rolleyes:

capt....now i gotta either change something or stay out of bowling green hahahah

yep...out of the great white north...topo style:D

24. damn , i finally get a positive vote for the 12.00 radirs......:eek:

honestly, the car is only going to ride so good to a point....and i have to agree with ya, i think it would just flat out like frickin killer!!!!!like i've said, the slicks are damn near the same size as the 12.00's
    besides, i had the rear end trimed just for em:cool:

25. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Mark,
    look at these MH rear tires on zoomers topo. The tread design looks pretty good and they are a radial tire and they look real nostalgic. Also check out his fronts. They are a firestone but I cannot read what size it says on the sidwall. his car should give you a good idea how they will look on your car.

Attached Files:

26. Not bad lookin..just appears street roddy to me...sure i have disc brakes up front...but plan on eventually covering them with a set of those buick 45 fin disc brake covers and backing plates..i just don't like front drum brakes...

So I'm still leaning towards the big Radirs

Anyway....let's try this pic and see if it comes up blurry....

uploadfromtaptalk1366912633508.jpg

27. Kinda hard to get a side shot..garage its too jammed up with toys:rolleyes:

28. uploadfromtaptalk1367172055602.jpg

Attached Files:

29. Belted..... uploadfromtaptalk1367469215317.jpg