Register now to get rid of these ads!

stock car found '35 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lazlobassett, Mar 5, 2013.

1. 4rod

4rod

who cares what its sittn on...get it home and REVIVE that sucker

2. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Certainly looks like the real deal on the frame to me... Especially judging by how much the brush had grown up around it...

Could have been an old dirt car that they transfered the body onto a new frame when the local track went to asphalt maybe??

Regardless, drag it home already!

3. wallyracer449

wallyracer449

is that in south central jersey you could probably find out history on it from the garden state vintage stock car club they were located at wall stadium they may have a website.it looks like an old modified before they changed to the new pancake style.the cage looks to tall to be an old body on a newer frame

4. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

I'll get back there this weeksend I think. I know the track it ran at and also know some guys that are good friends with the owner, I have been hoping for an introduction. It is very likely that I will be able to find history and racing pictures of it from back in the day.
    other rusty things have popped up lately, no iron deficency here just now...
    Will call and see abou the intro today. Fingers crossed!

Laz

PS, it had a SBC in it, quick glance at the frame looks like stock ford but modified to me

5. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Got part of the story, car was left there 6 years ago or so for temporary storage. The guy that owns it works with another friend of mine, turns out he is a big roundy round enthusiast. Seems likely the car will return to the big dirt circle someday.
    Since asking about it, it has disappeared.

Fini.

Cheers!

6. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Looks worth it in panels alone , Body appears to be gutted and braced internally via a cage or something. It doesn't appear to have the front cowl, firewall and lower A pillar but certainly deserving to be built into a rod .

Chassis appears to be of later origin . I'd discard that.

7. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

NEWS! The guy says he had plans to revive and race but just doesn't have the time. He wants " like 1500.00 " for it.

The frame is someting chevy, steering is out of a tractor. Apparently it used to be raced in Atlantic City. Not enough time to talk but hopefully more details will come.
    I need to go take a closer look.

Any thoughts on this from the pix?

Cheers!

8. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

I wouldn't pass that up. It's just too cool but I have a thing for old, stock cars. Maybe see if he'll work a little better cash deal on it and throw in the trailer, then it would be worth it. You could have a really, unique ride with that.

9. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Likewise... I'd try to work him down a little on the price for the condition of what is there, but even at $1500 I'd take it home.

10. Old Dude

Old Dude

Whatever you have to do, get it. They do not make finds like this any more. There are Aftermarket parts out there for it !

If you have to, trade in a Old Mule, or your Coon hound ! You have to save it ! There is a seat for everyone, Butt. :D

I wouldn't be able to sleep until I had it on my Property.

11. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

As an old racer, it might be worth $1500. But if you think you'll be able to turn the coupe body into a hot rod, definately not worth that money. Does it have a quick change in it?

12. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Great find! I would suck that up in a second. Keep us posted.
    Tom