Register now to get rid of these ads!

1923 Willys Overland Champion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullrack, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Three door sedan, all there, engine froze up but all there. Would this be worth my time as far as putting man hours into just as a project for me and my son? photo (77).jpg

photo (83).JPG

photo (82).JPG

photo (87).JPG

photo (89).JPG

photo (80).JPG

photo (84).JPG

What would this be worth in this condition? With original title?

2. studeynut

studeynut

I like it, but I like anything odd and different. Looks complete enough to restore but would be very difficult(and expesive) to find missing parts. Would also have to be good with woodwork. Or rod it, you only need the sheetmetal and replace all wood with steel. The 3 doors would really blow some minds and with a hemi, oh my!
    Value? no idea.

3. Looks like the Willys Overland design department did,nt have much imagination back then. Is that the original body ? Looks like an old parade car. Now a replica 2 seater speedster body, maybe small boattail ( bare esentials )would be an improvement. Check out the specials thread, i think Nedd Lud started that thread.

BTW, if it,s a champion it deserves a sporty look to it.

4. studeynut

studeynut

Flat panels, easy to make patches

5. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Getting it from a good friend that's had it in his family for years, he doesn't have time to do it right, so we're gonna give it a whirl and hang onto it in case he ever wants it back someday.

6. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Not sure what it's worth money wise but I'd say it's worth you and your sons time as a fun Father son project.Hope you post more pictures too.good luck.