Register now to get rid of these ads!

USA Road Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GleffeBrand, Apr 9, 2013.

1. GleffeBrand

GleffeBrand
    from Germany

Hi folks,

my name is Chris....a fellow greaser from Germany.

I´ll be doing a USA Road Trip in May with my family. Perhaps one of You guys can give me some advice were to be for cruise nights, swap meets and some run what You brung drag racing.

Our route until the 9th of May we will be in the Charleston SC and Savannah GA area.

From the 10th of May a few days in the Houston TX area, from there one towards Floriad PanHandle via. New Orleans and Pensacola until the end of May.

Thx guys,

Gleffe

2. what? you are not coming to Minnesota?

3. scrubba

scrubba

Gleffe , IF you were coming anywhere close to Richmond Virginia , I would give you my "Not on the Chamber of Commerce " tour , a two hour tour of actual antique American service stations. Yes, Richmond actually has several unique and nearly extinct examples of archecture that is only here . In addition, we have a couple of nearby kinda touristy places , Edgar Allen's former home and St. Patrick's Episipal church where Pat Henry gave his speech . Then too, a buried locomotive complete with it's crew, passengers and all right next door ! Uh, in 1923, the tunnel running under the church collapsed and everything was entombed there . scrubba

4. GleffeBrand

GleffeBrand
    from Germany

Thx´s folks,

I´ll check the drag strip :)

5. Maybe you can hit this on the way :

Commerce, GA
    May 11th, 2013: race

The Gear Jam vintage drags, car show and swap meet
    The Gear Jam vintage drags, car show and swap meet is May 11 at the Atlanta Dragway. Heads-up vintage racing in Gasser, Front Engine Dragster, Hot Rod and Muscle Car. Traditional hot rod n custom show, and large swap meet with 175+ vendors anticipated. In conjunction with Cruisin Commerce on Friday Night, May 10; food and beer tents, VIP hot rod parking, and live rockabilly music from 6-10pm

6. GleffeBrand

GleffeBrand
    from Germany

Gosh....I´m heading for the wrong direction:eek:

7. magneto57

magneto57

Come to Mn......................rich