Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tubular A-Arms - '51 Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tejas34, Apr 22, 2013.

1. tejas34

tejas34

I posted this eariler on the Hamb Merc Club, and thought I might as well try the regular board as well.

I tried to post this earlier, but for some reason it must have went to never-never land.

To recap... I purchased a ball joint/tubular A-Arms/Disc Brake conversion kit for my '51 Merc from Jamco a while back. Yes I had problems!!! This was before Ryan had Jamco removed as an Alliance Vendor.

I tried to get a copy of the installation instructions from Jamco, and also from CPP (Classic Performance Products). CPP build the Tubular A-Arms for Jamco. As a mater of fact, the A-Arms were shipped from CPP in their Boxes.

QUESTION... Does anyone know anyone that received the conversion kit and installed it? If so, would you have them e-mail me at [email protected] . There is a couple of brackets that I am unsure as to where they may go.

Thanks,

Joh

2. Send a PM to slddnmatt. He's dealt with those,I think.

3. tejas34

tejas34

Thanks,
    I will PM slddnmatt.

4. Tejas34 here are some pic's of a few sets i have installed. There are a few things i recommend your do first. Take a close look at the inner A-arm bushing sockets. If happy mock up the A-arms with a bare spindle without springs or shocks. Then check camber caster geometery and ball joint angles as you move the spindle up & down. Still happy put it all together and jack up the front end by the cross member and watch the coil springs fall out of the upper frame cup and ball joints get over angled but this is a easy fix by making an upper A-arm stop. see pic's

Hope this Helps, Erickson Extreme Kustoms
    951 678-3520

Attached Files:

5. tejas34

tejas34

Thanks,

The pictures will help a lot. I may be calling you about the center link and the sway bar setup.

John Stanford
    Towanda, KS