Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheel somebody help me out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maynard54, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Maynard54

Maynard54

Thinking about putting 18"x7" wheels up front. Overall diameter will be the same, just want a little more wheel in the well than a 15". Will 4" of back space work?

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

FNG, maybe we can read your mind?

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

No, it wont work.

4. Ok, you need to do an intro

Then maybe some more info on what exactly you are working on .
    Or hold the car up to the monitor so we can see it.

Ill bet your 18" wheels aren't 12 spokes on a hot rod though.
    Or they aren't some cool divcos are they ?

5. Maynard54

Maynard54

Is 4" too much?

6. Maynard54

Maynard54

Sorry, stock 54 bel air, 3" drop all around, shortened springs up front, stock uprights, 18" torq thrust 2's

7. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

8. hippy killer

hippy killer

you may find people on the HAMB more helpful if you read the rules and do an intro

9. Nope won't work! Burn those wheels and sell the car you just don't friggin git it do ya! GEEEEZE!!!!! ( I'm be in nice....)

10. Maynard54

Maynard54

Thanks. Really appreciate the help.

11. 35desoto

35desoto

Dont worry some of us are real nice LOL 18" are not what you could call traditional so therefore not something that may be considered on topic. However if the car suits them use them - its your car and it has to be right for your eyes - me - no I would not put that size rim on them however............

Enjoy the ride

12. badshifter

badshifter

That's what we're here for. To help compete strangers who can't be bothered with a simple polite introduction. Not to mention way OT wheels.

13. Maynard54

Maynard54

Exactly what is "traditional" anyways? If everybodys car looked the same, what fun would that be? Just because a person likes something different doesn't mean it's wrong. They're not going on your car. I was just looking for a little insight. Maybe this forum isn't for me...

14. badshifter

badshifter

It's not wrong at all. Just wrong for this forum.

Read this:
    The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide. That’s right – TRADITIONAL. And we aren’t talking Beach Boys and poodle skirts here fellas. If you are into a-side 50’s pop, lawn chairs, ruler contests, and all things that make hot rodding warm and cozy then you might want to find another message board. If you aren’t sure what we mean by “traditional”, then you might think twice as well. If you’ve come here to set a rep, talk some shit, and make some fun then you had better turn around right now. We aren't patient.

May want to read it all here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

15. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

You just don't get it. This is a traditional hot rod and custom car site. Think in terms of the things done in the 1960s and earlier, all the way back to the start of this insanity. That is what we are all about. Being off topic and having an attitude is not going to help you here. Maybe the H.A.M.B. is not for you. There are many, many websites that cater to your interests. Good luck.

16. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

17. Soviet

Soviet

Read the warning signs next time you decide to jump into the deep end of the pool without your floaties.

18. Maynard54

Maynard54

I am truly sorry for venturing blindly into your society. I apilogize to anyone I have offended. I will look elsewhere for help with my car, and I will pray you treat the next "fng" with a little more courtesy. Thank you,

Reverend James Maynard

God bless.

19. No apology necessary, Rev--you just basically drove your Mustang into a Corvette club meeting, that's all. There are some pretty protective personalities here, and the gospel of traditional hot rodding is revered in biblical proportions at times :) Hang around, soak it up--it's addictive. Be glad you didn't jump in a decade ago when it wasn't such a...ahem...kinder and gentler HAMB ;)

20. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Can i get an Amen??:p

21. 5window

5window

Sure,we'll help you OUT. First, you'll need a thicker skin-as a man of God, I'd think you'd have one.

Secondly, as some folks have tried to explain, we have a definition of what traditional is and that is the topic of this board. If your Bible study is discussing Genesis, do you really want someone coming in and talking about Buddha? It's not wrong, just not the right place.

Third, the rules are clearily posted at the beginning. (Oh, and religion is out). We'd like to know who you are and what you're HAMB topics are. Most of us have OT vehicles, we leave them off the board here.

Fourth, while it's not what it used to be, it's a tough crowd. There's a ton of knowledge here, you just have to sift through the sand for the nuggets.

Finally, I know a ton of clergy-even married one's daughter- and many who liked a nip or two. But I never met one who was also a beer salesman like your profile says. Either is fine by me-but which you gonna be? Maybe you'd like to start over? Best of luck with your car, before this gets closed. :)

22. Ding Ding Ding, we got a winner :D

23. Maybe he works for this place? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

24. Well put Earl! You are truley what I like to call a "word mechanic!" R~R

25. You just made snot come out my left nostril! A good laugh in the morning starts my day off right!

26. ALLISON

ALLISON

what's wrong with "18s?

27. Maybe it's time for you to ask "Maybe this forum isn't for me"

unless of course those 18's are spokes and about 3" wide :rolleyes: