Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats is worth thread: '50 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Post Apocalyptic Kustoms, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

My grandpa was thinking of getting this but didn't for $3700.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. streetrodder13

streetrodder13

I love it. Nice clean body to work with, that's more than half the battle. Lots of potential for little investment. Great find!!

3. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Not sure where you live but up here it would be 3700 not running and lacking title.It looks nice .Best of luck.

4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Jump on it! That car is easily worth 3700k.

5. Beau

Beau

Drop that thing and it'll be good!

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow!! 3700K... that's a bunch!!! :D

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, buy it if it has a clear title. If it was a Merc the same year and condition the asking price would probably be three times that.

8. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

i say go or for 3,700 is a good price, love the suicide doors.

9. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

that is every penney that thing is worth ---too many doors, be careful about dumping money in it...

10. daddio211

daddio211

I'd grab it for that. Drop it a few inches and cruise it 'til its worn out.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

The other car I'm looking at is this packard. While the packard is undoubtedly cooler than the lincoln, it isn't running, doesn't have a title and needs some patches in the floors. The paint, interior and everything else on it is original though. he's at $2700 firm.

I just sold my modern daily driver and I'm going back to old stuff only, I finally learned my lesson. I've been having newer dailys for the last few years and it sucks, they break down too much for me. When old cars break down it's usually something quick and simple and you're back on the road, when new cars break down its always complicated and expensive. Modern cars are such shit.

Attached Files:

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I like the Packard better. Same steering wheel I'm using in my roadster too. What exactly does it need to get running again?

Getting it running and floor patches may not cost you that much at all unless they're far worse than expected. Not sure how difficult getting a title for it would be where you're at however..

13. Well ...

The Lincoln would seem to suit your needs as a daily driver

With a title and four doors, you can take the kids for a ride too
    (if you have any) .... ;)

Both look nice ... :cool:

Jim

14. bpg_austin

bpg_austin
    from Austin, TX

Lincoln is fantastic, 4 doors or not.

15. indyjps

indyjps

For a daily driver, neither one has great parts availability, it would suck to hear "we can get you a water pump in 3 days" when you need to get to work. I like the packard better, clean lines and could be built into a better looking car down the road

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Packard parts abound. Between the clubs and regular suppliers most anything is never more than a day away. That's also a straight 8 in that car, most likely the 327, AND it's a stick shift. OD too? What's the problem, why doesn't it run?

17. What about that Olds beside the Packard?
    That would be interesting to me.......
    Prices not too bad......no giveaways though.
    They are kind of like my Plymouth.....only so much resale value.

18. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Here's how I would look at it. How many Packard two doors have you seen anywhere? The brightwork looks good in the pics, and the body looks straight. So what if the floors are lacy? Make footwells, buy a good running old Ford pickup with a 300 six, or a Jeep with a six, drop it in the big long engine bay and start driving. While the 327 is out of the Packard, rebuild it at your leisure, and build a really cool roadster around it, or save it to put back in coupe when you get tired of having it reliable and easy on gas.
    It's WAY cooler than the Lincoln, which while neat, still has too many doors.

Brian

19. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I would pick the Lincoln without hesitation.

20. what ever you do buy one of them

21. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I'm not too worried about the parts availability, and I can get a new title for about $200 or so so it's not that big of a deal. I had the same thought with the packard, I have a Chevy six banger that I could throw at it just for daily cruising.

22. desotot

desotot

go with the Lincoln.

23. 37Zephyr

37Zephyr

If ease of parts availability is what youre after, I have what essentially amounts to a front clip, fenders (inner and outer) radiator support section, some cowl, heater blower motors still attached to fenders, parts of bumper and I beleive a hood all for a 49-50 Cosmo. Would take $250 for all of it.

Parts located in SE Michigan

24. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

You can't lose with either one. Good luck

25. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Either one is a cool "odd" car.. Not everyone has one--and I have always liked those Lincolns as they already look "custom".. You don't see them everywhere and they have loads of space.. The Packard is slick too--you could always get both!! ;)

26. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Both cool cars, but if the Lincoln is already a driver and has a title I'd go with it. Suicide doors make up for the extra doors. Has anyone done one with Lincoln push buttons front and back?

27. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I think I'll go with the Lincoln, I haven't been able to got a hold of the guy with the Packard and the Lincoln is ready to drive which will save time and money for me. Running/driving, good title and good body is well worth and extra grand in my opinion.

28. Soviet

Soviet

Easily. Good choice.

29. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

that settles it,have fun...

30. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

It seems like the Linc is the way to go, I mostly just want a 50's beater that I can cruise while I work on my '57. (I've been driving it too many years, time to finally finish it.) I think this car should fit the bill. The cool part is that he even said that he would deliver it for me if I cover the gas, which is awesome. I've never seen a situation buying an old car so "user friendly", I'm stoked and I'm spending the money from selling my modern daily on something that will actually hold it's value which is another reason old cars are just better all around.