Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 F100 *No Service*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by williebones, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Well picked up my first project this weekend. Probably the best Father's Day gift any man could ask for. Drove out to Athens TX yesterday after church to look at this truck. Struck a REALLY good deal with the guy and made our 3 hour journey back home. Going to start off getting it rolling and then into the barn. Doesn't have a motor or trans. I would like to keep it all Ford but it just depends on whats available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations. Love the fridge Fords. Keeping it all FOMOCO would be the coolest, but there was a guy in my hometown who put a 455 Olds in one, fit great, he said it was an easy swap, and he was no Einstein so it must have been.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. Blake84

Blake84

Hey Man,

Congrats! I have a 59 F100 you can see pics on my profile page. Keep us posted on your build. I love watching build threads especially these fords.

4. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

I have one of the panels that goes around the guages, if you don't have one. I had a 60 at one time. it was a rust bucket that one looks solid!

5. Looks great! I have the same truck.

6. How much you do want for the panel? And this one is pretty solid, just your usual cab corners that need to be replaced and some other little stuff.

7. Great truck! '60 F-100 was my first car purchase. Loved that old truck.

8. hershambob

hershambob

checkout the front cab supports and inner front cabcorners

9. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Congrats! Cool truck!

10. I haven't checked out the cab supports but the inner front cab corners are good.

11. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

it's just hanging on the wall in the shop. I don't need it. you want it, you can have it, just have to figure out how to get it to you.

12. L4rryc

L4rryc
    from Austin, TX

13. Cool truck williebones,
    I always like the body style of these and neve runderstood why more weren't built.

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

I guess people thought they were ugly.

( maybe because they came right after the '56, which I think has always been popular)

When I built my '60, I had guys tell me how they bought these trucks for their 9" rear ends, and brought the rest to the junkyard.

I think they can look great...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  15. I'm starting to wonder if mine has a 9" rear end under it since the front and rear wheels are different. Anything I should be looking for?

16. Metalshapes, I guess you could be right. I have always tended to like the non-mainstream cars...the ones you just don't see as often (hence my last two, 1973 Chevy Laguna, and a 1966 Chrysler Newport). I think these are better looking than their Chevrolet counterparts. I must say though, I am more partial to the Dodges.

17. Willie, the mismatched wheels could be anything. About 20 years ago I had a 1958 Chevrolet truck that had the old style "safety" rims, so I had to scrounge up a set of replacement wheels.

18. Wheels aren't a big deal, if the bolt pattern is the same. The tires seam to be in the wells properly (not sticking out past the fenders) so I'd say your OK there. Measure drum face to drum face front compared to back. They should be the same or close. I don't know how to tell a nine inch from any other just by looking, but I'm sure someone here can tell you. There is one of these next door to me that I could photograph for you if required.

Doug.

19. Congrats! I have one as well. Best of luck with it.

Jeff

20. doc5356

doc5356

Congrats on your find. Looks like you have wagon wheels on the back and stock Ford on the front.
    Can't see lug bolt pattern ( camera to far from truck ) but should be 5 on 5 1/2 pattern, removable punkin (from front of rear end) would tell you likely a truck 9", rear end cover plate ( back of rear end) would tell you Spicer rear.
    Guys did a lot of swapin', getting rid of the Spicer for a 9" Don't know if Spicer in these years but know they are in 53-56 and usually the first thing to go, to get a better gear ratio.

21. Thanks to C. Montgomery I have a gauge panel for the truck. Going out this weekend to look at some more parts and hopefully picking up a motor. Looks like I'm going with a SBC now, a good friend of mine gave me an intake, cam and lifters for free a few months back.

Also picked up a full set of matching wheels a few months ago, just need to get tires so I can get this thing rolling around.

22. Slowly making progress

Got tires for it finally last weekend so I can now roll it into the barn to start working on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Got the front clip removed. Next up is mocking up the engine and trans then the cab and bed can come off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. And yes all of this is being done on a dirt floor old hay barn. YAY ME!

25. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

Doesn't look like fun,Butt! look's like fun!

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

After you get your cutting, grinding, welding to a stopping point, take a ride to your friendly carpet store. They'll gladly give you an old rolled up carpet from a recent job, perfect to lay on that floor while removing undercar bolts for the cab and bed...

Roll it up before resuming welding. Great for a dirt floor barn...use it like a temporary 'gasket'!

27. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Put a 351W in my 57 in a dirt floored barage . 1/2 barn 1/2 garage, carpet or cardboard does help.

28. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

I have a dirt floor in my barn also, carpeting works good on the floor. I put 3/4" plywood sheets on the floor (and keep a spray bottle filled with water near by just in case) when I need to do welding.

29. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Nice find and project. I like the look of the bodies on those years.