Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 Ford Fairlane 2 Door Post Build (Lucy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrappin bottom, Jul 23, 2012.

1. We figure the 352's we did for the cars in the other thread are making north of 380 hp., close to 400. That is with a stock spec cam, 540 cfm Holley and other restrictions. The owner was very clear to build them as if it were 1960 and the cars would be running Super Stock.

It was a very fun project!! Both cars will be at the FE Race and Reunion later this month.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. 61unib100

61unib100
    from Alpine, Ca

What's the big power maker on these motors?? Are they solid lifter cams?? Headers right??

3. scrappin bottom

scrappin bottom
    from Austin

I'm not sure with the shocks yet, I'm just gonna do some research and trial and error to find the right one, but hey once I find out I'll post it on here!

4. 61unib100

61unib100
    from Alpine, Ca

I'll be keeping my eye out!

5. Yes, Stahl built the headers for the cars. The cams are stock spec solid lifter cams. The main power maker is just attention to detail/ blue printing of the motors and tuning on the chassis dyno.

6. 61unib100

61unib100
    from Alpine, Ca

That very impressive for the mods done.

7. As was the 60 Merc. :cool:

8. scrappin bottom

scrappin bottom
    from Austin

Didn't get much done this past week, had to go back home due to my father having an heart attack. After friends, and family coming to the hospital and having 5 arteries replaced in his heart he is getting better. He is already wanting to go back to work (he is a welder and 60) but knows that he can't. But this trip back home was not all bad, I was able to go to the local salvage yard and pic up some parts for Lucy and take some pics of other cars they had. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

9. 61unib100

61unib100
    from Alpine, Ca

Sorry to hear that man, scary stuff. I spent ten days in icu with my.new daughter but all is well. Ordered my new aerostar coils to celebrate her arrival home!

10. scrappin bottom

scrappin bottom
    from Austin

It is scary, and I hope all is well with you and your daughter, and lets see some pics with the springs!

11. scrappin bottom

scrappin bottom
    from Austin

Update, got my body guy working on a trunk lid for the 60 :) , had a couple of dings in it but not any more! Also decided to take off the steering wheel and fix all the cracks in it, little by little I am getting things done on Lucy. Good thing its payday so I can buy more toys for her!

Attached Files: