Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects One for Daddy-0, Model A Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoggman, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Glad to see his thread come back up!
    Give'r!

2. n847

n847

Maybe we covered this already but what color are you planning on using to "shoot her"? Or are you just talking about primer for now?

3. oldman2

oldman2

Looks good in the pics...Jim

4. scoggman

scoggman

Thanks guys!!! We are going with a sea foam green, with a white chassis. My problem is, is that I primed the metal with rustoleum rusty metal primmer, and I am afraid that if I shoot it with urethane, it will fish eye, so I may shoot it with more rustoleum..... I had a gallon mixed up at the Ace hardware down the street and I have painted some of my chassis components with it, and it looks real nice! I have been priming it with rustoleum auto primer, and it seems to stick to the rusty metal primer just fine.... not sure what to do.

Thinking about this stuff

http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/itemgroupdetail2.aspx?WebsiteCategory=Light+Aqua&WebsiteCategory3=UB+–+Urethane+Basecoat&selectedsku=

Baby sitting today but got to do some work this morning.

My wife's best friend just lost their one month old, so she is trying to spend some time with her. Pray for them if you would!!!

Jon

5. scoggman

scoggman

Update... well not much has been going on with my model a, but I did fly down to spend about 4 days with my dad. We had a great time workin on his truck. About a week before, his turn signal switch went up in smoke. After changing out the whole circuit, we figured out that it was his new led tail lights. They wouldn't blink and I guess that made it get jot wnd burn up. So we cut all the LED crap out of them and put in some regular bulbs. They worked great. The next day, I read that you needed a different flasher for LED lights in this months hot rod magazine. Funny, day late dollar short. But anyway we had a great time. Ate some crab and shrimp, and grilled some steaks. Had such a good time. Miss my dad and warm sunny Florida so much.

6. scoggman

scoggman

pics

Attached Files:

7. oldman2

oldman2

Glad you had a good time with you Dad, need some more shots of the pickup. Got some good size meats on the back...Jim

8. scoggman

scoggman

Update... well... I caught a cold... then strep... then the stomach flu.... and had easter a one year old birthday party and life in general! But anyway, I have the whole car in primer..... still looks pretty rough.... but it is what it is. I pulled the body off. Pretty much the scariest day ever! Going to do some wet sanding and hopefully shoot her soon

9. scoggman

scoggman

pics

Attached Files:

10. oldman2

oldman2

Not being a smart ass, but that's the way in was done in the old days, and sometimes worse...Jim

11. scoggman

scoggman

I believe it Jim! But man was it crazy seeing her up there. I think I am going to have some of the inlaws help me put it back on.

Well, if everything goes as planned we should be laying down some paint tomorrow!

Was going to finish sanding and paint it today, but yesterday some drunk guy yelled at my neighbor, then tried to turn around i/ do doughnuts in my backyard and got stuck..... like in the middle of my backyard.... so didn't get much done last night.... and he went to jail....

If the body doesn't take too long to shoot, I may start pulling the chassis apart. The front end and half of the four bars are finished, so it would just be painting the frame rails, a couple of chassis pieces, and the rear end... we'll see, and I'll keep you guys posted!

12. oldman2

oldman2

We'll be waiting, the law should make the a--hole that messed up your yard come back and fix it....Jim

13. scoggman

scoggman

Don't be green with envy! Na! Not bad for a $50 rustolium paint job. May wait a week and put a second coat on. Used the hardener from Tractor Supply, lookin real good! Pretty stoked about it!

Attached Files:

14. scoggman

scoggman

Yeah jim, my neighbor told the cop he wanted the guy tocome back and fix it.... I just don't ever want to see the guy again!

15. scoggman

scoggman

The set up... $40.00 craigslist compressor, welded up hole in bottom. Brother in laws old propane tank, for extra volume, and a harbor freight gravity fed gun. Worked pretty good.

Attached Files:

16. n847

n847

Cool color!

17. Looks good!

BTW, be very cautious about holes welded in pressure vessels.
    A friend of mine had a good part of his shop damaged when
    a repaired/welded tank let go.
    Massive damage, luckily no one was seriously hurt.

Enough lecture, carry on

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  18. 29ToyA

29ToyA

19. scoggman

scoggman

Man you got me terrified now..... I always figured that if it blew, it would just crack and let the pressure out. After reading some stuff, it sounds pretty bad!!!!! Man I may be looking for a new compressor sooner than I thought!

20. oldman2

oldman2

Looks good...Jim

21. Just felt I had to say something when I read that.
    I don't want to see this thread stop for any other reason
    than the car is done.

22. scoggman

scoggman

Got the chassis all painted up tonight. No I can start putting her all back together again! :)

Attached Files:

23. oldman2

oldman2

Looking good, now get to work (ha ha)....Jim

24. scoggman

scoggman

Thanks guys! the in laws came by and helped out some. Very thankful for good in laws. My father in law is one of my best friends and is a great guy. Blessed.

25. scoggman

scoggman

Pics

Attached Files:

26. scoggman

scoggman

Check out this good lookin hot rod family!

Attached Files:

27. oldman2

oldman2

Nice pic of family, and the hot rod is looking good also...Jim

28. That picture is suitable for framing, Nice!

29. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

alright now! un- chopped, full fenderd, looking good!

30. scoggman

scoggman

Thanks Jim! Love all my girls, even the one with 4 wheels!