Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy with a 50 meadowbrook.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by flint52, Apr 21, 2013.

1. flint52

flint52
    from WA

Hello, i just picked up a 50 meadowbrook. Been sitting in a barn for 20 plus years, looking forward to getting it running and driving. Just need to figure out the fluiddrive? transmission, new rear end, and disc brakes. and have fun driving it around.

Attached Files:

2. You can also join up with the P15-D24 Forum for 40s and 50s mopars.
    They know lots about fluid drive. Use the search feature to read
    past posts on the topic....on both forums. Also be sure to purchase
    a service/repair manual for your car......easiest place to find them is
    ebay. Either used or reprint is fine.

If you join on the P15, it will take a couple days for moderator approval due
    to trying to prevent spam. Link to that forum:

http://mopar.pairserver.com/p15d24ph_forum/index.php?/forum/4-p15-d24-forum/

3. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Welcome from Alaska .Looks like a nice car.Is the motor bad?Good luck.

4. pcm

pcm

Are you sure its a meadowbrook? I have a coronet they had the side chrome. I think the the meadowbrook did not. I have removed the side chrome on mine it looked like they got close to garage door. Was not successful in finding good trim.

5. Cruiser

Cruiser

Look around there are guys who can make your bent up stainless look like new, may cost a little but well worth it for hard to find stainless trim. We have a guy in Fresno, Ca who can do the job.

CRUISER :cool:

6. flint52

flint52
    from WA

thanks for all the replies, signed up for the p15 website now i just need to do a little research. i dont know much about the mechanical condition, the brake just goes to the floor, havent had time to try and turn it over by hand, also need a 6 volt battery. Im pretty sure its a meadowbrook, it has the name on the fender as well as on the dash & title.

Ryan

7. Man,

Seems like all the cool cars are in Washington or Oregon .... :rolleyes:

Welcome !

Jim

8. Welcome from CT!

9. Welcome from Kansas City (1949 Coronet) pssst...if you ever take the lug nuts off on the driver side they are left handed

10. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Add a welcome from SW Nebraska. Nice to see a non-Ford car. Although, my heart is with Henry's stuff. Please, keep us updated with words and photos of progress. Much to learn and share here. Enjoy!!

11. flint52

flint52
    from WA

Figured that out the hard way, one wheel was locked up so i was trying to remove the lug nuts and was having a pretty hard time, one was to fix a frozen wheel.