Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you take your drivers license test in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Took my driving test in a '49 Pontiac green fastback, I passed with no problems. Took drivers training at San Pedro High School, it's shame, I think they no longer offer the class.
    Got a fell for the '49 driving around Terminal Island when most of the streets were deserted. :D

CRUISER :cool:

2. EliteS&C

EliteS&C

1967 Mustang Coupe with a Hi-Po 289 / 4spd out of a 66 GT. Damn, I miss that car!

3. I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.

I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.
    from Howell Mi

4. My father's '61 Plymouth station wagon. Sort of a loser cruiser I guess you might say. :rolleyes:

5. blktie

blktie

My Mom's Nash Metropolitan which made the parallel paring thing a snap. Don't remember the yer of the car, but i took the test as soon as I turned 16. That was 1962.

6. CTO

CTO

49 Jeep CJ3 with a 221 SBF and 4 shift levers on the floor.

7. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

datsun 310 gx, five speed too, i tried to take the test first in that stupid parking lot thing where you drive around the cones, thats the entire test, it was awful, failed it, went somewhere where I could take a real road test, got 100 percent

8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I took mine in a '76 or '77 Malibu. We went home one day after some practice driving, and the instructor stopped the car with the passenger side brake pedal! :eek::eek::eek: Hell, I didn't know it had one so I'm staring at the floor wondering what the %&$# happened, and the instructor flipped out cuz I took my eyes off the road. That's right, don't take your eyes off the road, even when your stopped! :D I didn't bother to argue, just wanted my license, because I had a '68 400 Firebird sitting in the driveway, waiting for me to become a "licensed" driver ;)

9. KICKSY

KICKSY

The mother of all car's :eek: :D :D

[​IMG]

10. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

my uncle was a cop,, he put me in my moms 73 scamp, I drove across town to the dmv to take the test,, the cop came out to give me the test,,, he filled out the papers,,looked the car over,,, asked me if i drove here from home,,, i said yeah,,, i ve been driving him around all week,,, he said congratulations,,, if you made it here you can drive,,, handed me my papers marked passed

11. streetrodder13

streetrodder13

1973 Ford Gran Torino 351 C with a 4 speed. Pretty bold for a 16 year old.

12. My grandfather's Impala. The tester, probably in his 40s, wanted to go cruise for chicks at the high school.

13. A year-old '67 Plymouth Belvedere more-door. My mom was freaked until I got home.

14. steve myers

steve myers

a 62 caddy sedan deville in 1967. wish we still had that car but unfortunatly both the car and my dad are gone.

15. bigwilma1970

bigwilma1970
    from Marion Ar

My brothers 74 Duster. I had to adjust the seat forward and told the instructor. I went forward, he went back , I went forward, he went back. This went on a few time more until he yelled STOP!. He told me " on the count of three" and we moved the seat forward. YEE HAW , I passed!

16. db58

db58
    from yukon ok

66 ford falcon

17. Woodnsled51

Woodnsled51
    from Ruma, Il

I drove a '71 Galaxy 2dr ht. Took the test in spring of '77. Man, that was a running car.

18. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

My dad's 67 Pontiac Strato Chief 4 dr. No power steering, no power brakes...what a boat! When he got his licence, his dad went to town and picked it up for him.

19. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

20. weim55

weim55

Spring of 1981

1968 Bel Air station wagon. 307, 3 on the tree, manual everything. Phone book trick on a sacked out bench seat. 16 years old 5'3" and a 100 pounds. I drove myself solo to the test site (highly illegal....) I can still live the feeling of every moment of that day in my mind. That old brown wagon still felt like the driving coolest ride ever on that very first day of teen freedom.......

Steve weim55 Colorado

21. Eyeball50

Eyeball50
    from Orange CA.

Pops new black on black 67 Lincoln Towncar. He didn't ask me if I passed, he just asked "did you scratch it?" He was a great guy.

22. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Summer of 1991 (age 16)... took the test in a 1965 Mustang.

23. shopdawg

shopdawg
    from alberta

63 GMC 1 ton tow truck that i pulled the drunken traveling licence tester from the ditch in the night before. He seen me drive up and park, didn't say a word or give a road test, just stamped pass on the form and handed it back.

24. Seepwater

Seepwater

65 Lincoln ... rear suicide doors and all!

25. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

My 58 Superchief that I'd been driving for 2 years already...

26. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

'70 Pontiac Firebird...My dad's car...He was having a mid-life crisis, and had owned NOTHING but Mopar station wagons his entire adult life...then one day he shows up with a... freakin' FIREBIRD?!! Are you kidding me? Wow! Man, I stole that thing every chance I got, and like any stupid 16 year old, beat it mercilessly! Loved that car!

EW

27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I think I already responded to this, but it been so long ago........................Anyway, My father signed my older sister and I up to take our drivers license actual driving test on the same day. We had been learning to drive in a 57 Chevrolet, model 210, 4 door station wagon. But, our father had the 57 in the shop for a new transmission on the same day, so we had to use my mothers 1965 Oldsmobile Jet Stat 88, 4 door sedan; black with a red interior, and a 330 2 barrel motor and ST300 transmission. We were't used to that car at all. I passed easily, while my older sister just barely made it. Here's what never made any kind of sense to me; why would my father take "our" car into the shop on the same day he scheduled us for the tests that he scheduled for us without our knowledge. Maybe I should also say my father was a DRIVERS LICENSE EXAMINER FOR THE STATE OF WASHINGTON!!! I don't think he was trying to sabotage us, but he sure was't thinking, but since he was also retired military, it did't have to make any sense either. Also, after we got home my sister insisted I tell her how I did on the test, but I would't tell her; she thought I was ashamed to tell her I guess, and she ripped the paperwork from my hands. when she saw how much better than her I had done, she tore my paperwork up. Course she's been married and divorced twice, is an R.N. who gets drug tested frequently, and drinks like it's the last she'll ever see. We all know what she is, don't we? And she takes more after my father than I do. Butch/56sedandelivery.

28. This has gone on for quite a while, so I thought I might as well join in,,,1956,, a buddies yellow '49 Pontiac 'vert,,had a flat about a block away from DMV,,no spare,,pull the wheel,,roll it on down to a station for a fix,,back to car,,back to DMV,,start over,, passed,,:)

29. JCShiels

JCShiels

Took drivers ed in a 66 Dart, my license exam in my parents 64 Ford SW.

30. A non HAMB friendly Ford Pinto Runabout!
    Damn I was cool!