Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen '55 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KeithDyer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. classic L.B.

classic L.B.

I remember a landlord,that was a real ass... cheezy!,tried to keep everything my buddy had in his shop, sold it all and lied to the cops,he might have kept more than the one car...worth checking out,he may have sold other client cars etc. A police report is mandatory here fella! could already be 1 on the landlord for another car,?bike? who knows ....... worth a shot

2. KennyLowe

KennyLowe

The car is back in my garage now, again thanks David for your help and thanks to everyone for your advise and for spreading the word

3. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Landlord should be in jail. There is the correct legal way to do things,and then there is the way he did things. If the car isn`t his to sell,he can`t legally sell it. I understand it was left in his building,but he should have contacted the police and have them check the vin # to try and locate the owner.......not just sell it and tell you he didn`t know where it went.

4. Yes, but there's a legal process involved...not just "I'm selling it 'cause he left it here".

5. grande73

grande73
    from New Mexico

Had a dealing with Jeff Golay also. He was to do work on my Mustang and skipped town. This was in 2010 and I filed with the police and they are looking for him but apparently not hard enough if it is happening years after mine. I found my mustang at the bodyshop in Pawhuska that he supposedly ran got my car bar Thank Goodness now just out about 1500 bucks and other costs associated. His wifes name is Liberty Golay. If anyone comes in contact with him please contact Sheriffs office in Pawhuska Ok and message me also

6. liblib4572

liblib4572

He did get the car back and it sounds to me that the landlord is more at fault

7. 65tbirdstx

65tbirdstx

Hey kenny . glad to see you got it back. Sine him moving to corpus he has screwed over 15 people including me. He has a lot of people looking for him. I recently rented a shop he got kicked out of so I inherited a mess. He had one guys 51 Chevy deluxe powerglide. Took it all apart. The guy paid him 30k to restore it and Jeff sent it out for sand blasting in San Antonio. Needless to say a year later car is gone. No motor no tranny. He found his car in San Antonio at the sandblasters storage where it had Ben done and ready for 11 months. He now has to for over the blasting fee and storage which mounts to over 11k. Currently there are about 10 guys getting a case against him for fraud. Everyone watch out for him. He got me for 15k. His name is Jeff graham golay and his wife liberty Cline golay. Nothing but con artists.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

sounds like a guy I know. takes cars in, takes gobs of cash, and next thing you know the car is just gone. police can't be bothered because it is a civil matter. I'm really surprised no one has gone in and given him a beating.

9. 65tbirdstx

65tbirdstx

Yep that's him. Looked through court records in Oklahoma... He should be in jail right now. 20 outstanding warrents and one court case he plead guilty to 6 counts of something called confidence game. Each count have him 3 years. When he was supposed to be locked up in 2010 he skipped town.

10. Karma will eventually play a role here. It may not happen today, it may not happen tomorrow but, at some point this clown will get his.

i.rant likes this.
  11. davidh73750

davidh73750

Jeff grew up in my hometown he seldom did any work on cars. Anything he painted was amateur. He never drove anything nice or had any work to show . I’m not sure if he pitched a good line or what. Sad these people have been taken advantage of.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Wow, referring to a thread from 2013 that had a happy ending? I didn't check the original post date and thought this stuff was current....