Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shell Station Built In 1930's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49panrider, Apr 19, 2013.

1. 49panrider

49panrider

I call it a hard top business coupe, I got some original oval window that I might put in. bad blind spots on each side in hwy traffic.

2. Don't you mean "Cool as Shell"?

Jim

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Here in Houston and I suppose elsewhere in Texas a company called Key Oil had those little one-room stations with the "building" being a big Water can with handle and spout as used in the 30s-40s. There were two of these station "houses" at their depot on Lawndale Ave. in east Houston some years back, but both disappeared, hopefully to collectors. Key depot had hundreds of old gas pumps on their premises and were very reasonable in selling them. A friend bought one for $50 less the pump mechanism. They even gave him some new lenses and face plates with weatherstripping gratis. I believe they went out of business in the 90s or were bought and liquidated.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  4. 49panrider

49panrider

I don't know of any other place in the states that someone can build a car and then take it to a place this old and take some photo's like this. I think the car kinda look's like it would have pulled up there back in the day to get a gallon of gas a 2 qts of bottled oil. I think the photo's turned out pretty good even if I did take them. Lets see some other photo's of any other built car's at other old service station's.

5. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

Great Station Pictures , Car makes the finishing touch..

6. thats really cool! i love it!!
    hey but wheres the clown??

7. Great photos,,HRP

8. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

I've been to that station a few times, not far from me... this photo was taken probably 7 years ago or so.

[​IMG]

9. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

HOLY SHIT!!! I collect gas and oil, I've only heard rumors of this still existing!! That sir right there is the holy grail of Shell stuff!! GREAT FIND!!!

10. cool building , let's do one full size

[​IMG]

11. Here is my '31 DB in front of an old station/repair shop....

Attached Files:

12. 49panrider

49panrider

Hey 31Dodger, GREAT PHOTO, Is that you in the photo? How long ago did you take the photo? I really like looking at this new/old picture's. You still have the 31? I hope we get a whole lot more of these new/old picture's to look at.