Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone knowledgable on early Studebakers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Apr 19, 2013.

1. A guy I know has a early (41) Studebaker 2dr. It is 100% complete and in decent shape. The motor is toast an partially disassembled. I am kicking around the idea of picking it up. It has some decent lines and you don't see them often. I have a few questions for anyone knows the cars.
    Are parts available? It has a independent front suspension like I've never seen before. Are they "upgradable" to anything else? M-2 ect? Anything you could share and school me on would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Todd

2. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Go to Studebaker International on the web. A lot of parts to be found, would bet all the parts are available to rebuild a front end.

3. Studebaker was founded in 1852, so a 41 is almost a late model
    The front suspension is called Planar with a transverse leaf spring like a Ford, but with uprights and upper control arms. They work pretty well.

4. stude54

stude54
    from michigan

The Studebaker Drivers Club Forum is a very active site that has a ton of folks that know the cars and parts inside and out.

Join up and ask, we're not all that bad.

You can also find the Stude folks in your area there and at http://www.studebakervendors.com/

5. chopo

chopo

same deal here on the planar works well. mines an old drag car from the early 60's. lots of cool studes around

Attached Files: