Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Do we need another 55 Caddy build thread ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoboy56, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Well probably not , but here goes. I have been building my " new " 55 Caddy for 2 years now and this past weekend I was able to ROLL it out of my buds barn. When it struck a tree in late summer of 64 it hasn't been able to roll since so it felt pretty good doing it. I am using bits off my old blue 55 Caddy that I have posted pics on here to put on my new car, the avatar I am using now, which is where and how I found it. I am using the 455 Olds / th400 , chopped roof and windshield and various pieces, but I am using 95 Corvette suspension with Shockwaves at both ends. So it will ultimately look like my old blue one on the outside but should handle like a big go-kart. Any who, here is some pics of it rolling its way to a recovery, with the help of my 3 yr old granddaughter Brooklyn. And rest assured the Dead trunk Monkey is still untouched from where I found it. Hope you guys like it and don't bash me for the "new" stuff underneath. THE PICS ARE FURTHER DOWN IN POST #5

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Lookin' good..actually rolling around is a huge step forward...looks like you've still got a bit of bodywork to do...

Hope you keep this thread going now...and please add some regular pix so I don't have to keep closing 'tabs"...

NEVER get tired of looking at someone else's Cadillac project...!!!

R-

3. I tried to fix pics but I'm a "puter "tard

4. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Looking good! Keep up the good work! Makes me want to go work on my Caddy.

That monkey creeps me out!

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Open a photobucket(.com) account...it's free and they'll let you have a certain number of pix before they want to charge you...

Then all you do is clik on the link and paste it in here...makes for better looking pix as they'll take really large pix and make them a certain size...that's how I did my thread...I hate the "attached thumbs" cuz they are never big enff to see detail.

R-

6. What the fuck is that dead thing in the third picture?:eek::D

Good luck with the Caddy. Love'em!

Edit: I actually read your first post this time. How did a monkey get...forget it.

7. Here is the pics better

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Here's the pics

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

HoBoy...edit your thread and stack the links...then they won't be so wide...

R-

9. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Respect to the monkey !
    You should build a little plexiglas box
    and display the monkey as a good luck charm
    OR
    do something for the poor little critter..thats sad if you don't....
    JUST SAYING my two cents ...

10. For those of you that don't know whay I started with , I have a blue 55 Caddy that I was building but it was pretty rough underneath from years of salty Detroit roads but it did get its picture in the November 07 Hot Rod in the Power Tour pics, ironically on page 55. Then I came across another candidate that was napping in a S.E. Pa barn for 46 years after hitting a tree in late summer '64. I will be posting more build progress info and pics.[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

YEAH, better pix...and make sure you take plenty of 'em...hard to believe that someone would hold on to a wrecked car for that long...

R-

12. Yeah, hard to belive Roger. So when they said they were probably gonna scrap it I offered $400 for it. There was also a 32 (?) Ford truck even nicer in the barn but they wouldn't part with that one. A day later they called and accepted . Man , I couldn't get my buddy and his trailer over there quickly enough. At first I thought about cutting the good lower parts off and putting them on my blue car then the more I studied it I figured I would be better off and quicker to build the new 1 and simply whack the roof off ole blue and graft it onto the new car with less fuss.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Gator

Gator

Hell, I'll follow along.... I'm a sucker fer Caddy's - but you knew that.

Here's my dog Rascal 'helping' me with mine...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  14. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

The monkey is a little creepy!:D

15. grease4life

grease4life

I cant wait to see this Caddy come alive!

16. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Looking good man.

17. BEAR

BEAR

18. 133

please don't chop this one

19. Sorry Brandon, yes its gettin whacked. But I am putting in a windshield into it so I can enjoy side windows for awhile and beat the snot outta it to verify all the heavy chassis fab is gonna hold up and perform perfectly. After that I will slice the roof and work on making it purdy.
    [​IMG]
    Here is what was left of the front end after I removed the sheetmetal

20. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Nice work saving the 55 Caddy. Couple of questions, was the monkey driving the Caddy or a sidekick? Whats the deal with the trunk monkey? Inquiring minds want to know.

21. lowelife

lowelife

Cool car and suspension but all I can think about is that damn monkey!

22. If you look up the thread Whats the dangest thing found in an old car it will say it all. Basically when I bought the car I was told it was in the trunk. I was like, yeah yeah, whatever. When I got it to my buds place and opend up everything I wasn't totally shocked, but perplexed to say the least.. Its been 2 years now I've owned it and while all the work I have been to it I haven't touched/disturbed/molested/raped it ...YET

23. 133

:( :( :(

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yes...we DO need another '55 Caddy thread...NOW get to work on it, Hoboy, and put up some pix and some progress...I'm dying out here...I need a Caddy fix...!!!

R-

25. grease4life

grease4life

How's this build coming? Would love to see some progress pics...

26. Haven't made any progress lately. Been busy with work and family. Next couple weeks it should calm down so I can get back to my buds place and thrash. First thing I need to do is gut my old car out and put the good parts in storage.

27. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

you need some peer pressure here to get movin. Your suspension plans for this are sick!

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yeah, what TED said...so it's been eight months since your last post...let's see what you've gotten done...What's the holdup Hoboy...???

I'm on to another build: Already seven months into it ..."The 2nd best '60 Chevy build"...!!! Check it out...

R-

29. I know. i know. I suck ! Been busy raising a 4 yr old granddaughter and my Caddy"s are at a coworkers house 1 1/4 hour from my place. I will be there Sunday fer sure maybe even by myself ( no little one in tow ). Also we just moved in Feb so that took some time. My great plan to thrash on my car over Christmas shutdown took it in the butt when stepdaughter couldn't stay and watch my girl and keep the wife company. Ted, suspension plans... Hell its underneath at both ends. Gonna work on core support and front bumper mounts. I promise I will post pics next week , even one of big blue in its sad state of missing parts

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  30. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

"Project Trunk Monkey"