Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Hot Rod Reunion Drags - April 27 & 28 Little River Dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tripler, Apr 9, 2013.

1. tripler

tripler

...Due to the EXTREMELY FAVORABLE responses from Little River Dragway’s Texas Hot Rod Reunion Saturday June 9 & 10 2012 - The race has been scheduled earlier in the Racing Season in 2013 where Spring Temperatures should be a LOT more tolerable for Vintage Drag Racing enthusiasts who have a tendency to be a bit older and more heat sensitive.
    ...Saturday and Sunday April 27<SUP>th</SUP> & 28<SUP>th</SUP> Little River Dragway will be holding Open Competition in “Heads Up” Trophy Class Racing, in “Foot Brake” E.T. Bracket Racing, and will be having Exhibition Runs & Open Drags for folks that just want to enjoy going down the Historic Old Dragstrip with Pre ‘72 Cars, Hot Rods, Vintage Dragsters & Vintage Fuel & Gas Motorcycles. …Competitors will be treated to a COMPLETE RACE PROGRAM each day with Eliminations in each category all the way down to where Winner’s Trophies & Prize Money is awarded. Racers may run either or both days in both Class Competition and E.T. Brackets too.
    …SATURDAY NITE - “Pete Barbeck & 7<SUP>th</SUP> Son” one of Dallas’ BEST “Oldies”, “Contemporary Rock & Blues” Bands will share the Stage with the 1<SUP>st</SUP> EVER “Dragstrip Girl” Contest. NO CHARGE FOR RV’S - Early Set Up Information, Class Descriptions, Times & Prices at- www.texashotrodreunion.com
    …MAKE PLANS NOW FOR WHAT’S GONNA BE A GREAT TIME April 27 & 28 2013, at the Historic Old Dragstrip, Underneath The Giant Shade Trees Along The Banks Of The Little River.. BE THERE!!!!!! For The 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Annual Texas Hot Rod Reunion.....

2. mr.32

mr.32

Great news!

3. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

damn thats the same weekend as pate

4. hotrod13

hotrod13
    from Austin, TX

Had to miss the LSRU this year... so hoping to be 'in' for this one!

5. tripler

tripler

Yep - It's the same weekend as Pate AND the NHRA Nationals in Baytown. BUT - for the folks that really dig racing your own stuff instead of sitting in the grandstands watching rich people race each other, it's "Grass Roots" racing for sure.
    ...Apologys for having to run it the same weekend as Pate - BUT there's only so many pretty spring weekends and as of today Accuweather says - it's gonna be a GOOD ONE...
    ...Come On OUT!!

6. belair

belair

Looking forward to it.

7. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

so are we goanna race there again in june ?

8. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

There are a ton of shows that same weekend,

O'reilly Nationals, PATE, Yours, one in Alvin TX & Mine in Texas City, Tx.

I caught heat about mine when I first announced it but I see it as a great opportunity for everyone around this big ass state to find something near them. I hope you guys have a good turnout, I've heard great things about the races.

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775720

Good Luck to all of us supporting the hobby,
    SN

9. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

Also the same weekend as the nostalgia funny car event at Kennedale!

10. tripler

tripler

Thanks Sam - Yea, There's only SO MUCH Springtime to go around!! Good Luck to you too Pardner.. Long range Accuweather looks GOOD in Central Texas for that weekend. Hope it holds up on the Coast for you too..

...And NOPE - We're not going to run any Nostalgia Drags in June at Little River. Last year I got involved after the date was set and it really was too hot by then for us "greybeards" to enjoy daytime dragracing..

11. DieselGreaser

DieselGreaser

Hopefully my nasty sunburn from LSRU will be all healed up. Either way, I'll be there camera in hand.

12. tripler

tripler

Yea - I was out in the vendor area telling folks about the Texas Hot Rod Reunion Drags with my double engine shovelhead Harley Dragster used to stop the crowd long enough to chat with them and FRIDAY - I burned some myself.
    ...I guess now that my red hair has turned grey don't really matter much - I still sunburn BAD TOO... There'll be LOTS of good photo opportunities at Little River April 27 & 28

13. tripler

tripler

OH Yea - And our double engine Harley will be at Little River "On a Load". My partner says anything less than about 92% is a waste of track time!!

14. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

damn id sure like to see that harley run, did you have it at the lonestar swap meet ?

15. tripler

tripler

Yep - That's the one... Built it over last winter from a single engine fuel bike. Still left the small tire on it. The motors are NOT set on kill and should still make about 240 hp apiece on a 92% load. It's 200 pounds heavier and 2 foot longer than it was and really is just a "play bike" for a couple of old nitro junkies....
    ...It's a brand new rebuild. The Lone Star roundup was the first time it was out of the trailer. It's scheduled to be fired later this week and will be making it's shake down runs on Saturday and then Paul's gonna step it up as much as we want to Sunday.

BE THERE.

16. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Damn Id like to see your harley run,
    Iv got spots at Pate, bummer

17. tripler

tripler

Once Again - Sorry Pardner - But there's only so many pretty Spring Weekends to go around.. And Looking at Accuweather today - It looks like April 27th & 28th is FOR SURE gonna' be one!!!!!!!!

18. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Can't make it Saturday but gonna try for Sunday.

19. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Well, as long as we're piling on...............

Mopars at the Motorplex on the 26th and 27th

It's weekends like this I'd wished I'd kept the motorhome.:cool:

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy Howdy Life has changed in Texas since I lived there. I never thought it would get too hot in June to go to a drag race at Little River. Bigger chance of getting a gully washer thunder storm rolling through in April though.

21. tripler

tripler

The 2nd Annual Texas Hot Rod Reunion at Little River April 27th & 28th will run A COMPLETE CAR RACE BOTH DAYS. Both Heads Up Class Racing and the 2 Footbrake E.T. Bracket races will run to completion with Trophies awarded for Saturday's Class racers and Sunday's Class Racers. E.T. Brackets will have pay-outs BOTH DAYS..
    ...SO folks CAN COME only one day if they like OR they can stay for the weekend and race all weekend. Double Tech is allowed -
    ...Vintage motorcycles will qualify and time trial on Saturday with all bike Eleminations on Sunday afternoon - which should give the cars the most track time available..
    Don't miss it... www.texashotrodreunion.com

22. tripler

tripler

...And How OLD were you when you lived in Central Texas and how about NOW!!!
    Personally - I used to run a race and ride a fuel bike in the same one. Would not even pull my leather pants off and jump on before a lap and give it back to the crew when I finished and go back to running the race... At 63 I can't do THAT anymore...
    ...My Partner gets the double engine fuel Harley for this race & I'll ride it at someone elses race....

23. tripler

tripler

Yep - You can double tech both days and run 4 races with only one trip to the track..
    It's Looking GOOD... Hope to see 'ya there

24. mickeyab

mickeyab
    from Texas

I've never been to this event. Where is it located?

25. tripler

tripler

9 miles south of Temple Texas on Hwy 95. This is the track's 57th year of racing. The racing surface will be in GREAT SHAPE and the Saturday Nite Band is one of Dallas' FINEST Professional Bar Bands - You'll LIKE Pete Barbeck & 7th Son..
    google Texas Hot Rod Reunion for more information

26. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

27. tripler

tripler

Thank you for the compliment.. We're gonna do our best to put on a fun/safe/race.

28. tripler

tripler

...Well -We're close enough to start looking at the weather and including a shower or 2 during the weekend in our plans.
    ...At about 5 days out now - Accuweather (which is by far a lot closer to the real forecast than local news - Local news has a tendency to exaggerate conditions to keep people tuned in. Accuweather does it's best to be a reliable source so that people will go through the trouble to pull it up online)
    ...So - while Accuweather says that there might be a shower or so in the area - It's kinda April and that's what happens now. NOTHING LOOKS LIKE A DRASTIC WEATHER EVENT COMING AT THIS TIME AND WE'LL BE WATCHING EVERYTHING AND WILL MAKE APPROPRIATE PLANS AND CALLS AS THE WEEK GOES ON.
    ...WE HAVE SCHEDULED THE RACE AS A DAY RACE AND IF THE RACING SURFACE NEEDS A LITTLE DRYING TIME AFTER A SHOWER, THE PREDICTED TEMPERATURE IS PLENTY WARM ENOUGH TO PUT THE TRACK BACK IN SHAPE. THE PROGRAM WILL JUST BE RUN A LITTLE LATER AS NEEDED. SUNSET IS A FEW MINUTES AFTER 8PM THIS SATURDAY AND THE TRACK HAS ADDED ADDITIONAL LIGHTING FOR NIGHT RACING THIS YEAR.
    ...SO BASICLY - RIGHT NOW - WE'RE OK WITH THINGS AS THEY ARE...
    Get Your Cars & Bikes ready for a GREAT WEEKEND....
    ..We'll update everybody as the week goes on...

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

http://littleriverdragway.com/ is their website. Put the address in Google or your favorite map site as the driving direction thing doesn't seem to work for me. 13550 State Hwy 95
    Holland, TX 76534

The first time I went and raced was in 1969 when I was a "Fort Hood Boy" which was somewhat of a derogatory term in 1969 when said by many of the Central Texas locals.

The shutdown area used to curve out to the dragstrip entrance and if your brakes faded you ended up out beside the ticket seller in 1969, drum brakes and too many rounds of practice too close together.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  30. tripler

tripler

ANNNND - That's why "most" of the drag racing done at Little River is 1/8th mile. The Friday Nite Street Racing is still 1/4 mile BUT all the Bracket Racing - Harley Drags & the 2nd Annual Texas Hot Rod Reunion are 1/8th mile...