Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is Bo Huff down again?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kool1, Mar 21, 2013.

1. kool1

kool1

I was sad to hear (If true) at Detroit Autorama that Bo was back in Hospital. Does anyone like Jonnie King know if this is true and if so hows he doing?

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I saw pictures of him working in the shop a couple weeks ago... But that might not mean anything

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

talked to him last week. he was working and ordering parts

4. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

no, he's fine. Mad Max a close friend of his died.. maybe that's the confusion?

5. kool1

kool1

That's great to hear. It was the guy at the Ol Skool booth that told me he was down.
    Thanks for the info

6. plymouth52

plymouth52

This was this morning from his daughter

My dad's cancer is coming back and his bones are getting very brittle. He just broke another rib stepping off my porch this weekend. He's been in a lot of pain. He's going back up to the Huntsman in the morning to see the doctor about what to do. They are talking about the possibility of another stem cell transplant. Please keep him in your prayers. They are what got him through this the last time. — Madeline Huff

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Sorry to hear of this...thot he was doing OK...

R-

8. Prayers sent.

9. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Thoughts and prayers... Keep the faith Bo

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

11. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Well wishes from the Lonely Knights CC

12. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Get well soon Bo!

13. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

I've been swamped this week, but tried to call Bo a couple of times and couldn't get him. What Maddy said was probably right-on target.

When he called me a couple of weeks ago he was weak & tired, but stable. However, with a newly broken rib, coupled with the rest of his fragile condition, I can certainly understand the pain. Also, I was hoping that the cancer was under control...let's all pray that if he goes through another transplant it gets him on the road to a full recovery this time.

I'm praying for him too...I do every night. He's a great person, a good friend, and he ALWAYS appreciates the kindness & prayers of everyone here on the H.A.M.B.

If I get in contact with him, I will surely add it to this thread...thanks to all of you.

BTW: John, thanks for your pm...you too are one of the "good guys" !

Jonnie

14. frankieC

frankieC

Youare in my prayers BO
    GOD BLESS!!!!!

Frankie C
    38 sled

15. Get better Bo! Stay strong and kick this diseases ass!

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Like Bo or not he is a man that needs our suppord.....hope all is well. Skip

17. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

BO UPDATE:

Bo called me a little while ago...we talked for over half-an-hour, and here's the latest Info:

*Yes, he did break another rib...and it hurts alot. Has to end up sleeping on his back, which he doesn't like...but Aleve sometimes helps the pain. (If you've ever had a broken rib, or, broken shoulder & collarbone...you know that the pain can be really bad ! I had two broken ribs, along with the broken shoulder & collarbone, in 2008...AND a broken jaw...all from my accident at that time. SO, yes, like I told Bo: "I know exactly what you're going through !")

*They are adding an extra chemo treatment to try to help level-out the Cancer. He'll be taking two treatments a week. PLUS, an IV to try to help support his bone strength. (In truth, there's no "cure" for the type of Cancer Bo has...but keeping it "at bay" and in remission is what their aiming for.)

*He is back home, pretty weak, but is still in good spirits...wants to be strong enough to join us in Salina in July.

*As the conversation was winding down he wanted to head out to his Garage to see how progress was coming on some cars he's got in there. His son, Junior, along with his long-time friend, Stella, is doing the "heavy lifting" these days and Bo says that Jr. has the same "eye" for detail & form that Bo has...which is a very cool thing !

*Bo filled me in on some of the cars that are "under the torch" right now, and they include a '50 Chevy Convert. that will be a Show Stopper when it's finished ! Some of the work includes a Caddy Grille & rare, '54 Packard Caribbean Taillights...which Bo says "...fit right in !"

*Also, there's that '36 Ford Humpback, we had talked about in last year's Salina Interview http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage175.html
    and a '53 DeSoto coming in for a wild panel paint job.

Bo said to thank all of you for the prayers, thoughts, and, good wishes...that's one of the things that helps him get through the pain, knowing that so many people care. He also said that he wants to put a few more customs together, himself, before he leaves the Planet. I told him with those extra treatments he's going to get he'll outlive me !

Thanks for your thoughts, concern, and prayers. God bless...

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  18. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

19. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Jeesh, I just saw him at Viva Las Vegas and he seemed fine. Guess you never know what's going on on the insides...

20. 1nickthegreek

1nickthegreek

God Bless Bo and all of his family and friends down in Carbon County UT.
    Get well fast bro!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  21. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sending my best wishes...Verno

22. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Get well soon Bo.....if you don't mind I will post up on rodsnsods a uk site I'm on...bob in scotland

23. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Another get well from over the pond. Bo keep inspiring us fella, you've been doing that for years!!!

24. oldschoolgasser55

oldschoolgasser55

get well soon we all just love you !!!