Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Truck Shop/The Car Shop Orange CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arizona Geezer, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Your experiences please, bad or good?

2. I have been going there since 1998 (well, when I use to live in OC). Guys that work there are cocky, over inflated egos. Parts have always been good quality for me, always in stock. There were 2 or 3 guys that were cool and took time to explain things. Neat place just to check out, even though you are in AZ. Muster thru the attitude, its worth it.

3. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

I go in there all the time. The parts are good, they have never been out of what I need. They are always busy, and the guys there arent the best. But I would say go for it.

4. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

yea whats up with with the lameo counter guys?
    I dig the products, prices are OK, but the help with the exception of one guy, one time, are kooky.

5. DrJ

DrJ

Guys?
    I get waited on by a fine lady named April who knows her stuff. :cool:

6. McFly

McFly

Its funny this came up...my dad and I where just talking about these guys last night. Its a decent place and always seem to have the parts we needed....but I'll have to agree with the rest of the guys....very arrogant!

7. 53chevy

53chevy

I'll chime in too. Yeah they have the parts and the prices are OK. The quality is usually good, better than most. But the guys at the counter are just short of working at Burger King! I ordered the mutli-leaf springs for the rear (Only place to have 'em), plus they were built de-arched. I went through two, I first got the 3", it was more like 2". So then I rcv'd the 4", perfect and mounted perfect. The previous was a mother to mount. After all said and done, I'm happy. Don't look to these guys for any help. Good luck!

Ken

8. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Don't shop here. Their "customer service" is beyond terrible and it leaves the impression that they just don't care because they are a large company gaining most of the following of their market. If they even answer the phone they're rude. Too many employs there with attitude problems. Be advised to shop elsewhere...

9. bt34

bt34

I have dealt with them many a time (in person) and they always
    seem to have nearly everything in stock and pricing is okay.
    The countermen, well, a tad cocky apart from a couple who
    are good to deal with.. The counter ladies are stacked in the
    correct places so any shortcomings are easily overlooked by
    the sight of those jiggly things that are in your face...:)

10. Monolith

Monolith

Never had a problem. Bought lots of stuff for my 60's Chevy trucks. No problems at all with returning a couple of wiring harneses either. Interactions were in person, I had my parts list and numbers ready to go when my number was called. Been waited on by a few folks there, male and female, never noticed any attitude. I guess I'm either very tolerant, or very clueless. Very satisfactory experience for me.

11. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Never had a problem with them...been purchasing from them for years...all the parts seem to be great quality from what I have purchased...everything my ad truck needed I purchased from them and fit great...and prices were better than most.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. Seeing that they are about 3 miles from the house, I have been there MANY times. No question that some of the counter guys seem to act like it just a job, but they have always been polite and taken care of business. Go there any Saturday and you will have plenty of time to look at all the cool stuff they have on display cuz the line is always LONG!

13. Sin7

Sin7
    from Wylie TX

The attitude isn't just at their place, they do it from a trailer too. They came to a large swap meet in North Texas and it was the same thing. But i guess their prices and decent quality make up for it.

14. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

GOOD SERVICE.

I'm local so I've never had anything shippedtalked to them by phone.
    I've read bad things about them but have always had GOOD service - several years a customer.

I go in about every two weeks exclusively to the truck side, but I doubt their people only work one side or the other.

For you that will never physically GO there, the store is giant and has two different long counters on opposite sides of a common stock area.

15. rlowrod

rlowrod
    from Corona Ca

I use them anytime I need parts, they are always very helpful and go out of there way to make sure I have parts without any issues, damage or scratches.
    I have used at least a dozen other so-cal parts suppliers all with poor quality products, never had any issues with the truck n car shop.
    and so far I have built an Impala, a vette and now a 56 Belair ht using there parts.

16. mike bourg

mike bourg

When I was building my 58 p/u I used the 99 % of the time for my parts, never had to reorder or return anything, I always talked to the young lady that answered the phone. every thing from cab corners to window glass..

good out fit as far as I am concerned.

MikeB

17. striptnut

striptnut

When I lived in Cali, I used to go get parts from them all the time. No problems,or hassles. And prices are competitve. I now live in New Mex so I order my parts and get em shipped. Still-I got nothing bad to say about them. I use them to get parts. If I want to go to an establishment that leaves me with a warm and fuzzy feeling inside,I'll go to a "stripper
    bar".

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

This thread is 7, yes, 7 years old.

19. fsae0607

fsae0607

I've only bought there online, and my experience has been good. Prices are good & always have what I need in stock. Shipping costs are okay.

20. striptnut

striptnut

You wrote like you weren't sure. Well your CORRECT!

21. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Mucho Gracias