Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Borranis Are Here... And so are the "Gold" Lines...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Rossodino34

Rossodino34

They look great, the perfect "line" for that car.
    The only appropriate alternative that I would research would be the Michelin XWX. Scary expensive but the ultimate period tire for that wheel. Killer tread pattern. Coker has 'em so maybe you have already been there.

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think the wheels and tires look great on the car; to me, the gold/orange stripe looks fine with your paint color.

But then, as you have pointed out, we invariably disagree about wheels and tires. Guess you better change 'em.

And level your car. Rivs were not meant to be taildraggers.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It sits dead level actually... I think it's just my poor choice of photography angles that make it seems as though it doesn't.

4. Now I have to dig out my old movies and find the shot of my brand new Riviera that was dark blue with Skylark wheels in the day so you know what was traditional.:)

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bias plies... way to go.....looks great

6. so many folks have done the grindout wide whites
    I double-no triple dog dare ya to do ground out wide orange wallS

CHICKEN SHIT YOU ARE ! OH ADD SMILEY:)

7. just turn them stripe in ..on one side... that will do it

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Excellent. I withdraw my comment.

9. falcongeorge - It was I that mentioned it in post #63 ... but after seeing several pictures of Ryan's Riviera @ the LSRU, I'm kinda liking it with the "pumpkin-line" tires!

10. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

The line color picks up the color of the door panels on the interior...thought they looked very good...IMO

The rims are drop dead cool.

11. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Good God that's perfect.

12. KK500

KK500

The Riv was made for them!!!.....they also make it easy to roll the grinder around our shop :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

13. rld14

rld14

Ryan,

You've got 4 choices in my experience if you want traditional tires that are also performance rated.

Bias ply:

Dunlop Road speed RS5s in 8.15-15 or so. These are H rated.

Avon TLs come in an 8.20-15 which may be a bit tall for the Riv? Also H rated.

Radial:

Michelin XWX. I've had these before and they're grippy. 60s tread design and what all the vintage Ferrari guys swear by.

Pirelli makes the CA72 Cincurato in a 205VR15 so that should be tall enough as its about the same as a 215-75-15.

Dunlop also makes radials but I don't think that they're available in large enough sizes and they're more of a late 60s/early 70s tread design (aka the SP Sport "aqua jet").

I'd suggest the Pirellis, they're a tread design that's contemporary to the Riviera and very good high speed rated performance tires.

Downside? I don't think Coker carries them and they're heart stoppingly expensive, like the XWXs they're roughly $500. EACH!

14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I gotta confess … im extremely envious

15. rld14

rld14