Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar push button dash control id help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T Achilli, Apr 14, 2013.

1. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

5 button shifter controls I've had this in a box of parts I can't remember application. I believe it is mid 50s but maybe someone might recognize it.... The switch has only one wire and is grounded to frame.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dart165

dart165

maybe 59 dodge?

[​IMG]

3. Chrysler cars went to dash mounted push button controls in 1957. Plymouth, Dodge, Desoto and Chrysler had the cluster style as shown. Imperial's push buttons were mounted vertically slightly curved following the curve of the dash instrument panel.

4. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Hard to see but top row has 2 centered next to each other. 2 nd row has 2 far apart and bottom row has one off to right. I know some of buttons have offset.

5. ram-rod

ram-rod

There's no park lever so it has to be pre 63 that's when the alloys came in, with park.
    Reverse light switch has to be 59 or later. I hope this helps.maybe you guys had reverse lights on early upmarket models

I think all the selectors were the same. The plastic buttons provided the different,dashboard designs

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013