Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Help me make a DVD? Hot Rod Revue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SoCal, Apr 14, 2013.

1. SoCal

SoCal

Morning.
    Hope this shameless self promotion isn't frowned on and if so, please feel free to delete. I pm'd Ryan a couple of days back but he no doubt has a pile of stuff to get through so hadn't heard back.

Anyway. I've been filming for a couple of years and am now pretty close to releasing a new DVD. And like Piero did with Mad Fabricators, I'm going to copy the cool kids and try and crowd fund the last bit.
    That basically means pre sales but the catch is that if I don't hit the funding target, you don't get charged and the DVD doesn't go ahead.

Anyway, enough of me rabbiting on, here's some video...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/63997026" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/63997026">Hot Rod Revue: The North DVD Trailer</a>.</p>

It'll be a couple hours long and in PAL format, so you'd need a PAL capable DVD player there in NTSC land. But I think most players do this these days.

But yeah, really would love the support. This is a hobby, not a job so the money really just does go into making this happen.
    If you do feel generous then this is the link to back the project:

https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/958

You'll get your copy in the first shipment of DVDs, plus there's T shirts, etc and a big thank you in the credits. But remember, there isn't much time and if it doesn't hit target, no DVD!
    Thanks a lot.
    Cal

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  2. Cool, I'm in.

3. Neat video. HRP

4. GooseNZ

GooseNZ

Absolutely in!

Can't wait!

5. SoCal

SoCal

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!

6. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

What a great little trailer Video you've put together...... will be a good DVD to have your mates around for a few drinks and watch, wherever in the world you live.

I'm in.......can't wait to see the 2hr version.

7. Totally agree! It will join all the other cool kid's DVD's on my shelf plus all of Cal's previous work, Redshift episodes and HRR 1 & 2.
    Looking forward to MF #7, just quietly.... ;)

8. SoCal

SoCal

Mfs7 and the Chopped DVD are good additions! Been watching them over the last week. :cool:

9. Done. Good luck reaching your target.

10. SoCal

SoCal

Thanks a lot! Awesome.

11. SoCal

SoCal

Being in NZ means I'm not eligible for Kickstarter. But it's basically the same thing, just a local version.

Thanks a lot for the support. Very much appreciated.

12. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Oh yea, let me bite my lip and accidentally delete that message right after I posted.... Now that I'm on the website it's exactly the same.... I'm too tired for the H.A.M.B..... I will pledge when I wake up to a more sane mindset.

13. SoCal

SoCal

Ha, no worries! The kickstarter option would have been great as more people are familiar with the brand, but yeah, same tool - just different sticker on it.

I'm just bombarding facebook so thought I'd post this pic up here too. One of the stars of the DVD.
    [​IMG]

14. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

Just checked in on that Pledge Me site you've posted above and if you wanna get in on the T-Shirt/DVD deal and take a 2XL size,I see there's only a couple left...............You'll be pretty pleased things are moving along pretty good so far......Oh I did my pledge thingy too, But only the cheaper option,because I'm a tight arse when it comes to spending money......:)

15. :DI'm in ...hurry up:D

16. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

17. SoCal

SoCal

Thanks guys, top stuff.
    Around 45 more DVD pre sales will see me hit that funding target and get it into production.
    So, if you know anyone who needs this in their collection then please send them this way! Would love to make it happen. 45 doesn't seem THAT far away, but I've been wrong once or twice before!

Thanks again.
    Cal

18. SoCal

SoCal

Halfway to the target! This thing might just happen.

19. SoCal

SoCal

Just been making a few posters for facebook etc but will post them here so you can see the kind of stuff featured in the DVD. Please jump onto https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/958
    and back the project by pre ordering a DVD (PAL format so make sure your DVD player is up to it!) Thanks a lot!!

Trailer is here:
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/63997026" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/63997026">Hot Rod Revue: The North DVD Trailer</a>.</p>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. SoCal

SoCal

21. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

Looks like this DVD is going to get made allright...... .you got 10 days to go to secure your name on a copy of the 2hr version.

Check out the FREE 3min Trailer video of NZ Hot Rodding here.................

https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/958

some cool rides in there Cal.

22. LabRat

LabRat

I'm in ... Go man Go !

23. ader

ader
    from england

I'm there with a 3 dvd combo :)

24. SoCal

SoCal

You guys are awesome! We're nearly there, I better get filming the extra bits!
    Thanks a lot

25. Yep, I'm on board. I love these hot rod DVDs!
    Now I just need to check that the DVD player will play them.....

26. SoCal

SoCal

Thanks a lot. If you're anywhere pretty much outside the USA and maybe Japan like you are, you'll have no problem playing them. If you are in USA then you'll just need to be aware that pal format won't play in all DVD players.
    Thanks again.

27. Well done cal he made it

28. I hope it comes with Japanese subtitles? ;)

29. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are in for a couple , need to spread the nz hot rod gospel to some US buddies.