Register now to get rid of these ads!

'46 ford inspiration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtracer, Apr 14, 2013.

1. dirtracer

dirtracer

I just purchased a '46 ford truck that is bone stock. I need some ideas on wheels and stance.

2. Probably not what you looking for. LOL

Attached Files:

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I wish I had better pictures, but I had one of these trucks for a bit and set it up with a dropped axle, de-arched springs, a late sixtied Cougar rear above the rear springs, 15X6 Americans front with 165x15" and 15X8 1/2" Americans on the rear with Hurst 8" cheater slicks. I unfortunately had to let it go about three years ago when stuff got tight money wise, but it looked awsome. I just wished I had gotten better pictures with it out of it's hole in the outside yard...

Attached Files:

4. dirtracer

dirtracer

Tell me about the front suspension.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dropped axle, (F-1, as it has tube shock mounts), stock spindles with the arms retapered and dropped to lower the tie rods, de-arched leafs with rerolled eyes, stock crossteering box with a custom drag link to get around that goofy assed, worthless, Ford 302 the previous owner decided it needed, and a Speedway disc brake kit to get the 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern to run the Americans.

If I had it to do again, (and I will when I can afford another of these somewhat unloved trucks) I will have a Jag XJ6 front end in the yard before the new truck is even off the trailer. It will end up being about half the price and riding and handling 10 times better while being much easier to install. Oh, as good as my truck looked I could never get it as low as I wanted it to be. That too will be much improved with the Jag...

6. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Attached Files:

7. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

First buy yourself 40 front sheet metal from Dennis Carpenter and install it on your truck. Looks 150% better.

8. Chris had this truck back in 07 and it was a cool piece. HRP

[​IMG]

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods