Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gene Winfield is at it again... New Class Announced...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A few months back, I told you about a Winfield class where he was going to be sectioning a '58 Chevrolet and teaching those that enrolled in his class as he did it. Details here.

He's now getting ready to chop that same '58 Chevrolet and once again, he will be hosting a class. It's all going down on May 4th and 5th. If you are interested in the class and want to learn from a legend, give Winfield Customs a call at 661.824.4728. This is one of those bucket list things that everyone should do just once, right?

If you are near Mojave, CA you don't have an excuse not to attend... And you had better start a thread on it!

2. Ryan, what ever happened to Gene doing a monthly thing here on the HAMB? I haven't heard anything about it since you first mentioned it.

3. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

I did it in Milwaukee a few years back and it was pretty rad. Gene is a great guy who will make jokes and teach you his skills. Totally worth the price of admission.

4. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

5. voodoo1

voodoo1

Is anyone going to video this for people that can't make it? Mike

6. They video taped the sectioning class to make a DVD from on sectioning, but he already has a chopping video, so maybe he won't, dunno.

7. Dr. Dave, are you coming for this one? I think you and Gambino did most of the work on the section job.

If you have the means to attend this class... DO IT !!!

Tons of info turbo charged into your head. As Mr. Winfield says.. "Every day is a school day"

8. LOL You are too kind. Alex is the man. Lots of guys did way more than me, but boy did I have fun and learn a ton!

Wish I could make this one. Not gonna happen tho. I'll be in Dewey, OK that weekend for the Stray Kat 500. Ya'll have fun and post some pics! Can't wait to see what this car looks like with a chop on top of the section.

9. EBW

EBW

I am nearby and have been wanting to attend one of these classes. Any special tools or equipment needed to bring other than eye protection and gloves ( and a camera ) ??

10. Note pad and writing utensil. :) I also brought my welding helmet.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. Another thing I wish I had done was clear all my kids games/apps off my phone for the weekend so I would have had more memory for video taping the demonstrations.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Greasy64

Greasy64

I have been to two of Gene's classes. Trust me, when I say this. Anyone serious about Kustoms, or metal fab in general should not miss this.
    Gene has an amazing ability to teach his skills while encouraging everyone to participate. All kinds of people show up from all over. Skill level in the room is all over the map. Everybody gets a chance to jump in, get dirty, ask questions, share tips, and have fun.
    If you bought your trailer queen at a televised auction and like nothing more than to sit in your custom embroidered directors chair at car shows, this is probably not your deal.
    From a professional standpoint the information and networking alone are priceless. Trades people show up from all backgrounds to learn and share. For me, both trips have been WELL worth the time and money spent.
    Nowhere else could I have had the personal instruction-hands on metalworking experience like this...... AT WINFIELDS SHOP NO LESS!!! I am very thankful for the chance to do this.

13. Chop class is Awesome....we chopped a 1938 Pontiac Coupe.

14. reallyrotten

reallyrotten

wish we could get a class here in MI... not sure where it could be done at but i would be there in a heart beat

15. studematt

studematt

I would take his class again if he came back to my area. A deal at twice the price.

16. trentagxw

trentagxw
    from new york

I did it in Milwaukee a few years back and it was pretty rad.[​IMG]

17. Thelost40

Thelost40

Oh I want toooo goooo!!! A chance of a lifetime!

18. msalamanca

msalamanca

Just registered. Looking forward to it very much.

19. EBW

EBW

Well if you're going I guess I better sign up also.

20. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

I had wanted to go, but I have too many things in the fire for that weekend. I am definitely hitting the next one at Gambinos shop later in the year. Then I'll hit next years at Genes shop in Mojave. I need to learn! MORE! MORE! MORE! Can't seem to get a job with the minimal experience I have.

21. EBW

EBW

Signed up in person and received a grand tour... awesome guys working there.

22. WCRiot

WCRiot

Where can the video be purchased from?

I'm hoping to make this class.

23. I would call Gene's shop directly. They probably have all his videos on hand.

24. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

I did the class at Gambino's a couple years ago and what a pleasure it was to be able to attend. Learned a bunch, put some things to use and made a few good friends! We even had a pre class and started the chop on the Larry Watson tribute car on Friday night.....now that was an honor. Don't delay!

25. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Those classes sound so cool!:)

26. So Cal Greg

So Cal Greg

I will be attending. Looking forward to it.

27. msalamanca

msalamanca

So so far its:
    So Cal Greg
    EBW
    and myself.

Anyone else attending on here?

28. DIF-RNT

DIF-RNT
    from NE Ohio

Glad he is still at it....

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just took one of his metal working classes last weekend in Post Falls Idaho and I learned a lot that I hope I can put to work on my projects. We didn't get a great deal of hands on time with our own hands but he showed us how to do a lot of things and showed us how to make some tools that will help a lot. I think that most of us in the class went away with a lot of new knowledge and a lot of ideas on how to put it to work in our own shops or garages.

30. EBW

EBW

I saw approx 10 on the list when I signed up....