Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone going to spring Carlisle?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopped30, Mar 20, 2013.

1. 5-4Belair

5-4Belair

I plan on making my way up there on Friday. A good friend of mine has never been so this will be fun.:)

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yeah....I love how some of the guys I see go stomping down the rows, looking straight ahead, as if the court sentenced them to waliking every row at Carlisle as part of their community service for their crime. The worst ones, though, are the lazy fucks that DRIVE up and down the rows, usually in a diesel crew cab, looking through their tinted side windows, expecting the deal of the century to jump into the back of their truck.

3. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Had a guy stop at my booth heathen and say...."man I've been looking for this shit for years....where you been?" I responded with " here....in the same spot since 2003...try looking"...amazing that some people go that far, get on here and bitch that they found nothing, yet I usually end up buying more than I sell and I am not there to buy...

4. chopped30

chopped30
    from ohio

I had a guy drive up to my space in a pickup and ask me to bring him a part so he could look at it. I checked to make sure he was not handicaped before I ask him if he wanted fries and a drink with that.. There's always one or two in every crowd.

5. I'll be there....Spaces M116-119. I'm gonna walk this time! Will set up a tent with some stuff for sale.

Murph:cool:

6. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Well any of you guys that go are welcome to stop at NJ15-17 and set a while, watch a video, drop some parts off so you don;t have to carry them....look for the HAMB banner at Moonlight Movies

7. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I havent been vending there in years was thinking of going back whats up with the sales tax do venders have to charge and collect it?

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Yes, whether they do or not is the question, but PA sales tax people are on site, Every year

9. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

its getten close guys

10. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Sgt._Grumpy , what spots are you located at ?

11. subneil56

subneil56
    from bristol vt

on the way out to the shop to start getting stuff together to bring ,ng35 and ng36 anybody looking for 34 35 5 bolt chevy artillery rims ,looking forward to a good time!!

12. ........If Gov. Owe Malley has his way, Md. will be taxing the very air we breath!

13. ...only a matter of time,heard they passed the rain tax! I thought we left england to get away from taxes...

...also wouldnt miss carlisle for the world!!! Hope its nice this year! looking for a 54-55 chevy truck grill, 48-55 chevy or gmc hood, bed, rear fenders and a Chevy T-5 trans this year.

14. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

All loaded up and ready to go....4 more days....just have to fill up the truck (50 gallon gas tank---Oh shit!!!!)

15. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

I'll be there thur. Unless it does't rain on wed. then i'll be there both days.

16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Have a safe trip down Stan I'll be pulling in either wed night or Thursday morning to set up NJ15-17...dress warm, won't be as bad as Allentown in January but it is looking to be coat weather. As long as it stays dry that will work

17. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have yet to see or hear of anyone that actually had a person from the tax dept stop by at Carlisle.

18. TR....They do it all the time! especially, if you don't keep up with your filings and taxes. A friend had them follow him and confront him at Carlisle and Hershey....along with threatening letters as well.

Murph

19. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Murph is correct TR, I get checked about every 3rd year at Spring TR. Last year the vendor next to me had not reupted his license nor paid for 3 years....cost him $800 in back taxes on the spot (previous years he paid $250 a year for the previous 3 years he DID pay them tax so they averaged his estimated) He was actually lucky as they accessed no fines.
    PA isn't all that bad, if you pay semi annually and keep up with it they check your license and leave you alone. NJ and NY state are the worse, EVERYBODY gets checked. They have a booth just inside gate 4 at carlisle I believe and you have to remember there are usually 4 people 2 manning the booth and 2 out "fishing" for offenders....so with 5000 spaces to cover it's hit or miss. As the space registration requires you to have a license they can shut you down and through you out if they want...so if someone wants to be a hard case it can cost you big time. I had a fellow vendor vend at Englishtown without a New Jersey license and get nailed. He played the hard case...gave them some shit. Got arrested jailed and truck impounded with his parts...made bail but the truck and parts were evidence...truck impounded 2 weeks until trail date came up, cost him estimated $750 in unpaid taxes, $500 fine, $125 towing (of his vehicle) and $35.00 a day for 12 days "storage" of his impounded vehicle....Vended 1 day, spent 2 days in jail....cost him over $1800.00 in cash paid alone and Missed a show in the time his truck and parts were evidence...ask me why I don't vend in New Jersey???

20. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

wow they just cant leave us guys alone and let us have fun!!!!! I will be there looking for lower rear quarter patches for my 64 ford galixe 4 door. Hope I have luck.

21. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Been dealing with this for over 25 years old soul....it all comes down to playin by the rules. If you don't pull an attitude with them if you get caught you can play dumb and they are easy enough going (in PA) to work with you. But NJ and NY state cut no slack. I have PA and OH tax license as those are the states I do most of my events, and pay file a sales tax return semi annually (twice a year)....I don't do swap meets for a living just a hobby. The only thing that upsets me about this is the all the states impose this for transicient vendors....but not sales on the internet. So those of us that already have travel expenses and space costs doing these events...pay the sales tax, while the guy sitting on his computer and shipping from home has no expenses nor does he collect or pay sales tax...The states and sales tax people are missing the boat if they really want to do it fairly.
    I have no quams with someone trying to get around the rules, great if you can....but realize the price they'll pay (in some cases) if they get caught.

22. 5window

5window

PA is charging sales tax on Internet transactions. You can either pay the tax and keep a record or pay their estimated tax for you. Actually, it's been the law for a bit, they're just now enforcing it.

23. I just found out all the vending spaces were taken. I tried to get another spot this morning and the only thing they had left was sloped spots on the hill. So maybe the down ward trend is over. I won't be there untill Friday this year so don't buy up all the good stuff, save me some crumbs.
    The rain Tax thing is unbelievable, your right about taxing the air next. The scary thing is I bet he is going to be our next President.

24. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I did not realize that 5 window as I do not sell on the "net" It's about time PA at least is 'playing fair" between those transient vendors as events and those selling on the internet

25. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Ya usually at the Spring event the 5000 vendors spaces sell out at least 6 weeks in advance. That is not to say you can't get in line and wait for a no show....If you are going to buy anyway go to Vendor Services at Gate 4 and see if they had anyoine call and cancel at the last minute....you may get a space or 2 that way. Vending on the hillside across from the car corral can be an adventure....it's really steep and after standing on your spot for 2 days one leg is longer than the other !! What some vendors do is take those hillside spaces for the "drive in" pass, park on them Thursday and friday and go and buy stuff....then come Friday night they will note someone has packed up and left on a decent spot (yup....about 15% of the older established vendors don;t stay Saturday...which is my best day) and then they will squat or overtake a good vacated space....if no one complains then no one cares

27. 5window

5window

28. Your Right....Thanks

29. Now back to Who is going to Carlisle?;)

30. T-Rex

T-Rex
    from Ohio

Rolling in late afternoon Thursday. Staying until Saturday afternoon. Looking for 57 Chevy stuff,65 Impala stuff, and big block Chevy stuff. Going with two Ford guys!!:D