Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P ... Byron Stack ..Gasser Madness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ArtofHotRod, Apr 9, 2012.

1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

RIP Byron you impacted me and gave so much knowledge on your site for guys like myself. You will truly be missed. I wish the best for your family.

J.Lockwood

2. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

R.I.P. Byron hope you are bench racing with other Fallen Gassers.

3. Terry O

Terry O

My condolences to Chad and his family. Your Dad made a lot of people happy with his hard work and dedication to his passion. He will be missed and remembered.
    God speed Byron and thanks for the memories.

Terry

4. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Byron had a huge impact on folks like me wanting to connect with other gasser fans.
    I had the pleasure of meeting him at the 2008 CHRR. It was like seeing an old friend.
    RIP Byron.

5. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I just remembered I found Shakey Puddin on Gassermadness!
    Very sad indeed.

6. Angliagasser

Angliagasser

RIP Byron! With out his help it probably would have taken me forever to track down the builder of the Anglia I restored. "Lil' Riddler"
    Several years ago I emailed Byron asking him if he knew about an Anglia out of Anderson, Calif. called Lil' Riddler, the builder was Darrel Riddle. Before I could get off of the computor he emailed me right away saying he knew the car and the old owner. He said Darrel Riddle's shop was just four blocks or so from where Byron worked. He got me in touch with Darrel and I got some picture of it in it early day's which help me out putting the car back to what it pertty much looked like back in the day.
    Like I said with out his help I do not know what I would have done. As I have said before "Thank You Ever So Much Byron"!

7. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

8. Very sad news. I also got so much inspiration from his gasser madness website its sad that he has died R.I.P

9. Byron...a big thanks from all of us who love the gassers. Keep a watch on us all, as we try to continue what you so successfully started. Back at one of the First Thompson meets, friends took a picture of my coupe coming off the line.
    While looking through Byron's magnificient gasser site, there was the picture from behind. I went back to my friend's picture, and sure enough, there was Byron with his camera getting ready to snap the shot that is on the site.
    What a treat for me to have him a part of my gasser memories. Chad, my condolences to you and your family...your dad will be missed by an awful lot of people.
    g-willys

10. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Sad news, I enjoyed the site..........RIP Byron.

11. Weasel

Weasel

RIP Byron. Thanks so much for all you did to preserve the history and to keep the flame alive.

12. 33hotrod

33hotrod

R.I.P. Byron! Great site, you will be missed.

13. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

May he rest in peace......his site got me into Gassers 100%!!! He will be missed.

14. swilly572

swilly572

15. havi

havi

RIP, Byron. Sorry I didn't hear about this earlier. :(

16. old injun

old injun

r.i.p. byron you will be missed. hope some one keeps his website going so he will live on thru it. i stumbled across it thru the 2 lane blacktop site and it was my reason for starting my 39 pontiac project

17. Mullins

Mullins

Rest in Peace Byron. GasserMadness for sure was a favorite of mine. I myself enjoyed everything he did for all of us to fall in love with Gassers and old nostalgic race cars. Thanks for all the great things you did Byron for us gearheads. You will never be forgotten.

18. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

19. Lee H

Lee H
    from Redding CA

WOW Darrell told me that the anglia had been restored... We had a few beers and BS old times, after he talked to someone on the phone about that car either two or three years ago (sometimes my forgetter works overtime)
    I think that Darrell had the shop in Redding when he originally pulled the old anglia out of a cow pasture (behind a barn). He opened the shop in Anderson after buying a house on Sharon Ln in Anderson. IF I remember correctly the car was green, but Darrell would never be able to tell. He is mostly color blind and yellow is one of the few colors he can see. He would probably swear it was brown or something, but oh well...But you probably know this if any of Darrell's wiring was left in the car... LOL...I actually convinced him his new harley was green, once..his wife was laughing her tail off
    IF I remember correctly, the original V8 in that car was built by Terry Ellidge (father to Jimmy Ellidge of NASCAR crew chief fame). It was a corvette 327 punched to a 331. It rattled a rod, and is still on a stand in Darrell's home shop. We threw another engine at it, and kept racing. I think that was before the car was wrecked, and rebuilt

Darrell still has the hot rod 39 chevy pickup he pulled that car to the track with. But times have changed. We are both older, and he now lives in Sacramento. He has diabetes, and neither of us can drink like we used to.
    He keeps threatening to build another racer, and I suppose if he does, I will donate my 33 chevy coup body, and build him another engine (I also have the 28 chevy roadster body that Darrell gave me for my birthday, 10 years ago...but I don't want to waste that on a race car...I would rather have it as a driver)

Darrell is one of my best friends, one of the best riding partners I could have ever had, and was best man at my wedding... There was a time when we were a wild pair.

EDIT...were the pics you got of the car nose up in June of 88 or 89?... Darrell got a couple of them from me...and I had the orange vega with the blown V8 in some of the pics

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  20. suptclark

suptclark

I only found out this morning because I was about to ask Byron for his help again. I feel sad and selfish.

21. Racer83

Racer83
    from SoCal

Very sorry to hear about Byron, as a Gasser fan been to his great site a million times. RIP, my friend.

22. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

The site is completely gone now. A shame no one kept it going to keep Byron's memory alive.

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good news on Byrons Gasser Madness. It's back up and running. The new url is gassermadness.us Just wanted to let everyone know

24. Larry T

Larry T

25. Sad news indeed. RIP Byron. That is way cool bringing the site back after the crash.

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I was a member before, but seems my name/password wont work now, and trying to register again just takes me to some Russian site's page. Weird!

27. Weasel

Weasel

^^^ I got the same thing and I absolutely would not register - red flags are out!!!!

28. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

The new message board is still out, just the main page is working. Im sure its going to take some time to get it all recovered.

29. Larry T

Larry T

".............Please tell all your friends far and wide that the site URL is now gassermadness.us as gassermadness.com was snatched by a Russian Trucking Company. Please change all links on your sites and inform your pals on message boards and other sites to change their links. I'd appreciate you all helping to get the word out.........."

Did you try the link I posted above? It should be the new website.

30. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Yes, I used the link and got to the site. But if you try to login it still takes you to some Russian site.