Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Sorry to hear that Don.

2. richie rebel

richie rebel

o, i will be at trp,wexford is still going on bye the way

3. Dave, no, one indoor carshow is all I can handle per year! Call me anytime!

4. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Well, that's a bummer Don. Again, politics rears it ugly head. I would prefer 1/4 mile racing, but I wonder if one of the smaller tracks in Ohio that are 1/8 might be easier to get a date with....Magnolia, or maybe Pacemakers in Mt. Vernon? Dragway 42 would be the perfect old time track, but I think their schedule is pretty full. I know of one Sunday the track is for rent, but other than that maybe call them. Just keep us informed.

5. I also prefer a 1/4 mile track, and that is my focus right now. However, 1/8 mile or piggy back ( partner) with another event is not out of the question right now. As always I am open to suggestions. I need a track owner that is old school....we operate by a hand shake, and that has been the problem.

6. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

What about the Rock and Race at 42? That would be ok, I think. It's already a nostalgia meet anyway. I think it would be great addition to add some gasser action to the R and R. Just a thought.

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

This sucks I wont see Don at the Showdown Drags anymore. :( Funny how everyone bitches & fights about stupid rules but when the deal falls through everyone comes together!

8. ardyboy

ardyboy

I think a few people are getting their signals crossed here. The bitching and moaning was heard and dealt with to the best on Dons ability. Those who were going... were going. Those that decided to stay home were staying home. The reunion was a lock. ..Then Don had the rug pulled out from under him without even a heads from the power(s) that be. He can correct me if I'm misguided here.

9. As with any story there are always two sides to a story. I can only vouch for my side. Any relations, conflicts etc between Beaver Bob and Ernest I can only go by what I have been told. After the last gasser event Ernest had asked me, a racer/participant, to become the Magazine's Race Director. I saw a lot of issues that accumulated over the past several years ( before Beaver Bob even was in the picture) that were festering and finally came to a boil. In addition to the racer's issues, I do know that there was also a conflict in money between the track and the magazine. The magazine was later paid and plans were made to have the event again this year. In September I gave Beaver Bob a written outline of my plans to make the event better. Beaver Bob reviewed them and said we could make them work. I was clear that I was a racer and wanted nothing to do with the financial portion of the event. My only vested interest was to make the event better and to help it grow. This would make most of the racers happy, which would in turn bring more people through the gate, and make the track and magazine more money.

Beaver Bob has made a business decision. It is his track and he runs it how he sees fit. I will not go on here and call him names or anything of the nature. He is responsible for that facility 24/7, heck, he lives there! I like Beaver Bob, and I think he still likes me, possibly that friendship is what led to this delayed decision. I do not know. He will still have a race and I am sure it will be a fine event.

The magazine's event on the other hand is in shambles! This late in the game finding a suitable facility willing to work us into their schedule is going to be tough. Ernest has given me full authority to make this happen and control future events. I do think part of the problem with the Beaver Springs deal was there were 4 people involved over different parts of the country. All these issues have been resolved and now I alone am responsible for future Gasser Magazine events. This event needs a new home where it will remain for many years. I will work diligently to find a suitable location that is wanting a very established nostalgia event with a following that spans the globe!

10. Don, sorry to hear it was pulled. I think you had it headed in the right direction. Here is a thought Pittsburg raceway park. It was the old keystone dragstrip and been around forever. I do know for a fact they did rent there track. It still would be reachable for many states with more rooms and restaurants close. Just a suggestion. Good luck

11. Don;
    i do NOT envy the position you have been put in....
    Hope somehow you can get it worked out with Gasser Magazine and another track..
    Good Luck.

Rick

12. From the web site...

Attached Files:

13. shaunez

shaunez

That just sucks Don...I hope you were not set up from the beginning..

Maybe a track closer to you may want to offer itself?

14. goodturn

goodturn

Don. I feel for you after all the chatter on the previous 22 pages and the stress that you must have daelt with, to have the rug pulled without meaningful dialogue between yourself and Beaver Bob. Hope to see you at either Thompson or The Gold Cup at Empire. Spanky.

15. ardyboy

ardyboy

Don. We're passing on Beaver. See ya at Thompson and maybe MCIR. Try to make it to the Gold Cup if you can.

16. Working on a couple idea's. Thanks guys!

17. ardyboy

ardyboy

Really?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  18. 33cruiser

33cruiser

What a tool!!! (@rusty_rocket)

19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not a good way to start out FNG. What a tool is right.

20. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

By the look on his profile he's into rat rods so he's on the wrong forum anyway.

21. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I was thinking the same thing.

22. chevy3755

chevy3755

keep your head high Don..............honorary crew member.....Larry

23. Attention gasser fans! GASSER Magazine is proud to announce that the Gassers are coming to Hunnert Car Heads Up! GASSER Magazine plans to have their first ever Nats North in conjunction with the Chrome Czars event. Hunnert Car Heads Up is in its 5<SUP>th</SUP> year. Traditionally a one-day event with flag starts, hand written time slips and heads up racing, this year the Chrome Czars expanded the event into a two day event. Friday and Saturday June 7-8. GASSER Magazine and its members are going to be part of the festivities for 2 great days of throw back fun! Then on Sunday June 9<SUP>th</SUP> GASSER Magazine will present the Gasser Nats North. What could be better than adding an extra day to the Hunnert Car Heads Up? Adding two! That’s right, Gassers going at each other for Class trophies. There will also be a hot rod class for those that want to join in on the action! So put it on your calendar now! Hunnert Car Heads Up and Gasser Nats North: 3 great days of nostalgia drag racing at Great Lakes Dragway, Union Grove, Wisconsin.

24. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. TOM N.

TOM N.

We will be there.

26. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tom,
    Very good to see you on the hamb. Welcome
    Wanda

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

We're all super stoked to welcome the Gasser Nationals into the Hunnert Car Heads Up! Thanks Don for contacting us with the idea and to GLD for helping us bring it to fruition.

Attached Files:

28. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Thats very cool!!!! Good to hear I only wish it could be closer to CT.

29. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

what a great summer building up cant wait