Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Justin B's Swapmeet...Hunington Beach

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Just got back from Justin's estate sale he had today and tomorrow in Hunington Beach. There's still lots of great Merc and Shoebox stuff there to be had. Matt bought a bunch for a Merc build and I got my Holy Grail i've been looking for,for about 6yrs or so....the 49 Mercury radio surround piece! Thanks Justin...

Here's some pic's I took...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. Hubcaps
    grills
    dashes
    window regulaters
    glass
    steering wheels
    bumpers

Attached Files:

3. They said they would be there tomorrow too,so I might go back and help them out. Maybe take the Merc over...

Attached Files:

4. Lots of boxes of little parts...

Attached Files:

5. Anybody know what these rings are? They were really nice with ribs. Nobody knew what they went to. Justin figured they were aftermarket. They are 15"...

Attached Files:

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

54 Desoto grill! That is a score!

7. jfrolka

jfrolka

Where is this at?

I need headlight bezels and bulbs among other things for my 48 ford pickup. Would he have anything?

8. It's mostly Mercury and Shoebox parts. The shop is on Gothard just north of Slater,in Hunington Beach.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd love to be able to get my hands on a 51 Merc instrument panel to go in the 51 Dash I have.

10. desotot

desotot

you're supposed to let us know before you go, not after :]

11. jrodgerslvnv

jrodgerslvnv
    from Las Vegas

Hey Bad Bob,

Let me know if they don't work for you, I'd be interested in them.

Thanks, Jay

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Hey bob, I forget to ask you today how the get to get her turned out in yorba Linda on the 2nd

13. It's tomorrow and he's having next weekend also.

14. There's lots of dash parts,gauges,knobs,radios,etc.

15. Skirv

Skirv

I wish I could go to that deal. I need a couple of things real bad. I've been looking for months for a nice complete pair of wing window assemblies for my 51. Looks like he has a whole shelf full of them.

16. Justin will be there today also. In case anybody wants to go back and see what he has...

17. bump,for Justin...

18. jfrolka

jfrolka

Skirv, I can head out there next weekend if you need wing windows. I am on the hunt for a couple things also. Lemme know, pm me.

19. I plan on going back next sat also.

20. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

It's not just Justin's estate Sale or swapmeet. Justin is not Just a guy with a lot of parts for sale. This is the life long work of Bill Papke. This isn't just some collection of parts. I think it's almost disrespectful not to mention Bill in this thread.

I wish I had time to come down there.

21. I knew Bill for over 25yrs and respected him more than you could know. It has already been mentioned that this was a sale of the parts Justin bought from the Papke estate. No need to reboot Justins thread. This isn't about raising money for Bill's estate or family. It's about helping Justin get something for his investment. Funny you can't see the difference.

22. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

Must if missed that Justin bought the whole estate. Because I heard someone one from Oklahoma was looking at buying the whole estate and someone was helping liquidate. Still think Bills name should be mentioned on this post. My opinion.

23. Justin and a buddy bought it. And...you did mention Bill's name.

24. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

I did. Because I'm respectful.

25. GEEZ....let it go already!

26. Skirv

Skirv

Thanks fellas (ref the wing window assemblies) I am now waiting for a reply to a PM I sent Matt Townsend as I would need these to end up in his possession because I would like him to chop them for me.

27. He did ProStockJohn's wings. He does nice work. I'll see if I can get ahold of Justin so he can set asside a pair,if there are any left.

28. Skirv

Skirv

Thanks BB. I'd appreciate that. I'm good for buying them if he has em. I wouldn't be wasting anybodys effort.

29. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Shoebox ford parts was entertaining the idea , but not much was heard about it. Bill Papke passed away suddenly and his family and Caretaker of his estate started to figure out how to handle it. Justin and a friend did purchased the inventory of papke enterprises that was not already sold. There is a lot of items in the shop and it will take time to sort everything. Justin has sold a lot of items already.

Everyone who has or had had a shoebox or merc knew who bill Papke was . Bill was a unique man with many friends and some just didn't care for him. You can say he was a hoarder of parts .

There was a posting on his death many replied . But let's be honest fellas.
    It not out of respect for bill , but it is busniess deal For Justin , trying to save parts that some would have called a local scrap guy to haul it away because no one know what it is. And a building need to be cleared out .

Thanks Justin and everyone who has help out .

30. Justin will be having his swapmeet again saturday. I'll be there to help him out. NO plans for sunday.