Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Banger build 31 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bear Metal Kustoms, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Here is an update... chassis pretty much done, motor done and installed..(going to switch to v8 trans later. collecting parts).. need to rebuild carbs and make linkage. been hand polishing all the stainless bolts.. sanding of the stampings and then polishing. gonna work on brakes and steering in the morning. the frame is maroon, motor is metallic maroon, suspension all gloss black. got the body in primer today too... lots of sanding to start now...

Attached Files:

2. Top notch! Looking forward to this one!!

3. Jason, will you bring it to Santa Maria next month???

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That no-name may be one of the early Ford Parts Obsolete manifolds made in the 60s-70s.

5. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Yes, it will be in Santa Maria...

6. Look forward to seeing you and the car. Axle drop looks about the same as the one you did for me last year, a bit over 2".

You are moving fast on this one! I am subscribed.

7. bonesy

bonesy

That's really looking fantastic!

8. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks guys... This is my car... Have always wanted a little banger roadster... Have a few things planned on it and then will move on to my next project... This one is the maroon cocoon...... Maroon chopped top and interior.. Blue body, etc.. The next one is ... It's a27 t roadster on 32 rails running a flatty v8...

9. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Off to the shop to work on brakes and steering.. If anyone has some pointers or things to avoid regarding the rear juice brake backing plate flip let me know.. I would appreciate it..