Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

Dam near makes a guy to want to move the fenceline over Just a "tad"
    Thing's that make ya go, Huummm ?

2. mbstude

mbstude

Here's something you don't see too often..

Attached Files:

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

thank goodness...

4. 231ramona

231ramona

This is the type of find that poses an interesting question. The true value of this car depends on a lot of varibles such as if its a true big-block car and which version. Does it have the "born-with" drivetrain? etc. obviously, everything will need to be restored or at least reconditioned and what about the frame and birdcage? Sitting as it is I wouldn't be surprised if the frame rails have major rust through and a close inspection would be required to determine the condition of the birdcage. Rust in either is difficult and expensive to repair. Generally, presentable, good running cars can be bought for much less that it would take to put this one in same condition. So what is the real value of this particular 67?

5. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Probably a supercharged model too! :mad:

6. thats not rust

thats not rust

ImageUploadedByTJJ1365863828.704197.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Another Alaskan Rambler wagon.

[​IMG]

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

I love Wild Alaskan Rambler :D.....

Sent from Mr. ModelT's DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

about 4 more feet of snow and that rambler would look just right---supply exceeds demand...

10. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Funny every time I see a Rambler you come to mind...

11. I think he talks just to hear himself. Black 62, those kinds of comments don't add anything and just show you as bigoted. You don't like them...big whoop...you've gone on ad nauseum about your opinion...keep it to yourself from now on.

12. thats not rust

thats not rust

ImageUploadedByTJJ1365874439.168817.jpg

13. What Ester Eddie said - in fact, there is a certain image that comes to mind every time I hear such comments from this poster. And, it's not a H.A.M.B. friendly one.

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I love it when someone tells me to my face I should get rid of the car I love because THEY are not into it... they just don't get the car hobby as well as others do in my opinion.

I love my Rambler, and my Hudson, and my Acme and my Indiana, I could go get what everyone else says is cool or what everyone else owns but I have little interest in that.

Here are a couple a I found in the last few years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. ausbuick

ausbuick

Is this able to be parted out?

16. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Steal it...

17. '50 convert, '51 victoria

18. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

It tastes just like chicken.....................

19. thats not rust

thats not rust

ImageUploadedByTJJ1365940550.922089.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1365940582.931943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1365940624.509506.jpg

From a private hoard...

20. thats not rust

thats not rust

I'm trying to buy the whole car... The owner is very reluctant to sell anything, hence the abundance of untouched 50s and 60s Chrysler stuff

21. ^^^^Good luck! If you're successful, then it might convince the owner that divesting that collection is in his, and the car's, best interests and get them into the hands of people who might build them.

22. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

23. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Last Summer

[​IMG]

24. MrModelT

MrModelT

Good lord! Where is that '57 wagon......my wife would die for that!

Sent from Mr. ModelT's DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

25. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Shit I got a 60 Rambler{a pink:eek: 2dr} for my first car,that damn thing sat in our back yard for 3-4yrs-i must have gave it away 100 times!
    Now i look back & think i should have hot rodded it:D

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It was all the way up in my neck of the woods at a local scrap yard, it came in, was there for about 5 minutes and then was resold, I saw it a few minutes later and asked about it too.

That 65 Convertible just kills me, I'd love to have one with a 287 or a 327.

27. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

nashers ---here is where i am coming from on ramblers---i grew up in a family of car dealers mopar, ford , chevy, cadillac, was friends with or interacted all the local dealers kids---the rambler dealer lived three houses down on the other side of the street, they were the only family that belonged to the country club---when we had rock or dirt clod fights there son bobbie was always on the other side ( natural born enemies ) and his sister was mean to my little sister---so as we reached driving age ramblers ( granpas car ) were never able to be kids cars and provided constant sources for jokes even though they were great family cars--- my comments now reflect that personal relationship with the brand and my old neighborhood---but supply has always exceeded demand...

28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Here is one I threw together for a guy last summer out of nothing but old unwanted parts, leftovers and other bits destined for scrap.

[​IMG]

46 Canadian Dodge.

[​IMG]

Bunch of Chevs at my neighbours place

[​IMG]

Incredibly rusty 59 Edsel I picked up for some parts, I stuck a battery in it and everything works!

[​IMG]

59 Mercury short box half ton Tow Truck my brother picked up for parts.

[​IMG]

Your opinions are fine, and thanks for the insight, and I wish you no disrespect at all, but others here like those cars and did not have a bad experience with them and don't want to hear about it every time one is posted. And if supply exceeded demand for parts then why is it not easy to get parts? Unless you mean supply of photos VS people wanting to see them, but then I still think that's personal you opinion more than anything.

As far as it goes I know most people would rather not restrict what is posted here (other than the normal restrictions) because we are a very varied group with many interests.

29. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

they went out of business because they could not sell enough cars ---more cars to sell and not enough buyers---supply and demand---yes this is my opinion but it is factual and you are right about the photos...

30. slammed

slammed

.... after every comment? WTF? ..........Stick to the basic structure of sentence, writing, and punctuation. Traditional writing skills have not fallen out of place here.