Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing my latest distraction: 1936 5 window survivor....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Grow up? Shit I'm 31 and and I haven't grown up yet!

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Yeah, it must have sat at some point for a while. the headliner looks literally brand new as far as color and brightness. The seat and door panels show a little more wear and have some fading to them.. I plan to have the interior freshened up at some point in the near future.

3. shadams

shadams

Man that is saaaa-weeet! Love that interior....There is someone round here with a NICE 36 that has a Thompson mounted in the rear window.

4. I saw that car at Portland swap this year and in the past... It's a nice one... If I didn't have my 35 Ford 5w.. I would have bought it awhile back.. congrats ! I love the interior in that car !

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Yeah, he has brought it out for a few years with a price on it, not caring if he sold it or not.

6. flattrap

flattrap

Atta boy Jake!!!
    Your collection is lookin good!

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. That thing is sweet. I wouldn't change anything. Enjoy the cruising.

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Shit-I gotta play catch up with you!

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Super nice car. I've always wanted a 36 Five window.

10. Congrats on your 36 5 Window. Mine is also a survivor. Sat dissasembled since 1962. I was the one that finally got it on the road to see the light of day. I was eye balling this one as it has the same look as mine. Congrats again!!

11. jkperformance

jkperformance

Good grief!!!! A tunnel ram and red lines!! Hope it was fast. I looks like it most likely always had the nothing but the best. This car has been alot of fun for someone for a very long time. To put that on the mat and rip it thru the gears. What a sleeper street racer in the days of Big block Camaros, Novas , Mustangs ect. That car damaged some egos for sure!

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

(elephant in the room)

dude!...it's pink inside!...:eek:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

All the best things in life are....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Brandi

Brandi

Who doesn't?!

That interior is UNBELIEVABLY bitchin'. I'll be on the hunt to see that in the NW this summer for sure.

15. Thats what my plans were also untill I found out how narrow the tunnel is on these cars. When I floor mine, the pinion raises and the Yoke/u joint taps the floor and tunnel. You will have to widen the tunnel to be able to lower it. It's not just a drop down with lowering blocks. I have the skirts and blocks but it will have to wait until I get my Whippet on the road so at least I have a Hotrod on the road at all times now.
    I do like the lowered with skirts so I'm with you 100% on following this thread. My black Lacquer shined up real nice also. It would be cool to get our cars together for a photo shoot.
    URL=http://s267.photobucket.com/user/sixt8bird/media/1936%20Ford%205%20window%20coupe/2012-07-05_08-57-07_767.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]

16. A Rodder

A Rodder

What do you mean bu freshen up?

17. Aren't we all!! LOL!!

18. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Man I love you car and it's interior!

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Dude. Seriously...THIS! Absolutely PERFECT. it just cant get any better than that!

[​IMG]

:p:p

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Just clean it up. Interior has some wear on the seats and fading in spots that I'm going to have corrected.

21. froghawk

froghawk

Another vote for going back to whitewalls and '56 Fiesta caps! The perfect combo with that interior. Just needs another Fiesta cap or a white cover for that spare!

Congratulations on acquiring this beautiful car!

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I hear you guys on the fiesta caps.... BUT I've always wanted a 36 with skirts and full caps...... So that's the direction I'm going for now.

Here are the caps I have

[​IMG]
    SEATS 022 by estranged2, on Flickr

I have skirts too. Obviously they need to be painted, and the back of the car needs to come down some. Here was a quick test fit:

[​IMG]
    SEATS 008 by estranged2, on Flickr

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Does anyone have a smilie on its knees praying???:D

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

My mom snapped this pic as I pulled up to her house to show her the new car.

Just out raisin some hell

[​IMG]
    SEATS 021 by estranged2, on Flickr

25. I am going back to White walls also!!

26. This thing gonna be really cool. What size on the front tires.It looks like 15", am I right?

27. froghawk

froghawk

Those caps are cool! Look like the ones Bob Hooper had on his '36 roadster...

[​IMG]

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Congrats on getting the car. Sure looks like a super example and as far as I'm concerned the stance is perfect. I'd be very careful making ANY changes as that car has been brought through it's 'hot rod" stages with fine results.

Frank

29. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Wow, that is a beautiful roadster...........

30. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I understand that. The changes I plan to make are minimal. Basically, just a stance adjustment out back and skirts. Everything else will be maintained and preserved pretty much as is. Eventually I will respray it, but it will stay black. For now I just want to make a few tweaks to my liking and drive the wheels off of it. I love driving this car.....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013