Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ** Stray Kat 500 / May 3,4 & 5, 2013 / Ron Myers Inspiration Award ceremony

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Apr 1, 2013.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

We have been busier then ever this year. We have received a lot of inquires from people
    that hadn't been to the show. Looks like we are going to have another kool turnout.

Thought I’d answer some questions concerning this year’s show.

Where should I stay?

The three hotels that are on my list are already booked but we have a group discount at
    the Fairfield inn and suites in Bartlesville right off of highway 75. It is a real kool place
    and in walking distance to three good restaurants. We already have a lot of guys booking
    rooms, just be sure to say you’re with the car show and you will get the discount rate.
    Their phone number is 918-331-2100.

What happens if we get over our 500 limit?

The last two years we have hit over our 500 limit and we have not turned any one away.
    We have room for 650 cars, once we hit that mark then we will come up with a plan. Our
    goal is too keep the show small so it can continue to be a social event. That is very
    important to our club.

What time is the tribute to Ron Myers?

The Award ceremony will be at 2:00 on Saturday, The last two years we have given the
    award to Carl Green and Roger Ward. We are honored to add Ron to the list. Ron has been
    very important to our club and has been a huge inspiration to our club. If you know Ron's
    friends you know this could turn into a roast. We have some kool stuff lined up, it’s going
    to be a lot of fun.

We picked up Coke a Cola for a sponsor for the ceremony, Here is a picture of Ron doing
    his commercial that will be aired during the Super Bowl. Very Kool!

[​IMG]

What new with this years show?

We had a pin up contest years ago and We were attracting too many Poodle skirts so I
    stopped it. We are going to start it back and I have 232 Studios helping us organize it.
    We are limiting it to 12 entries and for more info check it out on Oklahoma Pin Up page
    on face book. http://www.facebook.com/groups/317527674946171/

Stay tune for more updates or checkout our web site. http://www.straykatkustoms.com/index.html

If you have any questions just let me know....

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

So what happens IF you hit 650 THIS May...???

R-

3. Ron Myers and COKE? This should be good.... ;)

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Duke and I are working out the "650" plan tomorrow morning with the City of Dewey.
    Trying to stay ahead of it... In order to hit the 650 number we would have to jump
    100 cars and that would be a huge increase. It could happen this year....

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

The economy must be loosening...there's "play" money coming out of the woodwork so 100 additional cars is not out of the realm of possibility...good luck to you.

R-

6. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

Absolutely cannot miss this one.

7. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

oh, you gotta let me buildthis award.....PLEASE....

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope to see ya this weekend. when you survive the LSR trip.

9. Looking forward to going again this year.

10. Planning on it like usual. As usual still haven't booked a room. God willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be sleepin between sheets!!!!!

11. Willy_P

Willy_P

Mick,
    I will only be able to come down from KC on Saturday - what time does the gate open and how much is admission?
    Thanks!
    Willy_P

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

We will be there and will play Sleepwalk for Myers because he really likes it......
    Myers is a ruler so come support his roast....

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have more pre-entries then we had last year so looks like we will have another good
    turnout. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

The first three hotels are booked so the next best choice will be the Fairfield Inn We already
    have this hotel half booked. The phone number is 918-331-2100, tell them you are with
    the show to get the discount rate.

Saturday is the day to be there so you will have a good time. Registration will start at 7:00 am and no admission fee for lookers.

SK500 is not the same without Pushrod. The Myers ceremony is going to be kool, I didn't
    realize that Ron had that many friends/enemies :) We have a lot of kool stuff planned....

Happy Trails, Mick

14. tjmercury

tjmercury

Well sir, it looks like its gonna be another great turn out!! I can't wait to load up the family and be a part. Kelli can't wait to show off her DeSoto either!!

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ron should be Royally Knighted at the ceremony:

Sir Asseth of Hole

I feel a T-shirt coming on...

;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

17. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

You know I'll be there. Bringing Skalnik , Henry the 8th, Slankard, Rusk and a couple more Early Rods guys with me.

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

For those that have never been, here is a slideshow of my photos from last year's event! This is one of my favorite events of the year, period.

Slideshow or just go to the gallery.

<object classid="clsid:D

<embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2012031404.swf" flashvars="AlbumID=22834565&AlbumKey=W2bFkW&transparent=true&bgColor=&borderThickness=&borderColor=&useInside=&endPoint=&mainHost=cdn.smugmug.com&VersionNos=2012031404&showLogo=false&width=600&height=600&clickToImage=true&captions=true&showThumbs=true&autoStart=true&showSpeed=true&pageStyle=white&showButtons=true&randomStart=false&randomize=false&splash=&splashDelay=0&crossFadeSpeed=350" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" height="600" width="600"></object>

See you there!

19. Butch M

Butch M

20. wizzard23

wizzard23

Lookin' forward to the roast!!!!!!!!

21. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

We will be there! Body work almost done, headed to paint end of next week!

Attached Files:

22. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PAINT!! Very kool, I can't wait...

23. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

I have wanted to go to this one for a long time but, it is always the same weekend of our local downtown car show. This year I'm goin' anyway!
    I can't wait to check out all the cool rides.

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Kool! I'll be heading down from the Salina area Thursday afternoon, I know a group is leaving from Derby on Friday Morning if you want to join a caravan.

25. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm driving down from Indiana, picking up a friend in St. Louis and meeting some others in MO. We are really looking forward to it.

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry that it falls on the same weekend as the local show. It is hard to pick clean date.
    I think that you will have a good time, and hopefully the city will let ya go back home...:)

It was nice to talk to ya the other day, I think it will be worth the drive down. We have
    more pre-entries this year then last and I've talked to a lot of guys that hadn't been to
    the SK500 before.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Happy Trails, Mick

27. Driving the '29????

28. Hey Mick, we have a room at the QUIET motel. Got the headers and intake on, go to get the exhaust on Monday. Looking forward to having a car at your show again instead of being a looker. See you in a couple of weeks.
    Later,
    Dick

29. mongo51

mongo51

Hey all im workin out the details for a bicycle gathering. Ive talked to Mick and he is good with it. So bring your old bikes or kustom ones to the 500. No motorized bikes pedal power only.

30. gonmad

gonmad

Tic toc..... Tic toc.....!!