Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nats South,,Knoxville,Tenn.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 6, 2013.

1. It's less than a month until the Nats South,,Brenda & I are going again this year, I'm not wanting to start a I hate NSRA storm,,I go because I like the area,friends I don't see any other time of the year,and have decided since it opened up I will take Brenda's '54 Wagon again.

If you see us stop by,,see ya there.

BTW,We will be celebrating our 41 wedding anniversary,,poor gal! :D HRP

[​IMG]

2. We're contemplating going this year. Haven't been down there for quite some time with boys in school etc. Same here, always enjoy visiting with friends we only get to see at meets such as this. If we go, I'll introduce myself.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Don't you mean you are going ... if your foot gets better :D

[​IMG]

Enjoyed hanging out @ the swap meet Saturday ...
    See you in a week or so.
    I will bring bring the 4 rims up to Anderson.

Randy

4. No,we are going regardless,If all goes well that damn boot will be history next week.

Thanks for all the hospitality Friday. HRP

5. vert1940

vert1940

yep...we will be there...4 0r 5 of us...parked at the gazebo by the lake..as usual...we go for the friends,the food, and the drive....did I mention the food?

6. Mark, looking forward to seeing you guys in Knoxville.:) HRP

7. fordy standard

fordy standard
    from Warren, MI

Any information on a good hotel to stay where there be hot rod cars (price not a concern)?

8. There are motels all over Knoxville and most have a good mix of hot rods,,the Hyatt is the host motel and there is always a lot of cars there.

There are also a bunch of motel/hotels on Merchant's Drive. HRP

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Pigeon Forge TN is about a 30 minute drive from the event. A good many rodders actually stay over in Pigeon Forge for the NATS SOUTH. My wife prefers to stay in Pigeon Forge ... because of all the shops and food. Pigeon Forge has a more comfortable
    " tourist vibe " .

There is a LOT more to do and see in Pigeon Forge than Knoxville. BUT ... the rod run headquarters has the MOST car type activity when the sun goes down.

10. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

We'll be there again, as always. Thought about taking the Biscayne, but looks like I'll be cruising the Model A again. See y'all there!

11. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Planning a trip to CA for my clubs 40th Event, hope all have great time. I live seven miles from the park across the river from the head quarters hotel.

12. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Guess some of us will be there again! Just look for our Red Tents and our little "48" Sub Club....48 Chevy Truck, 48 Chevy Convertible, 48 Cadillac Fastback and my old 48 Pontiac convertible. Hope to get to meet you this year HRP!!!

48 Poncho

Attached Files:

13. richbud

richbud
    from east tenn

Hope to meet some of you old guys this year ill be there .Well after all only a hour drive for me. If any one needs help let me know.

Attached Files:

14. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

If you want a scary hotel travel 30 minutes north to the Jellico Motel. The old section has chalk lines on the carpet!!!!

15. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

I haven't been to the nats in knoxville in years..but havent ever been to the goodguys in nashville...which do you guys prefer? not sure which to plan for.

16. Just look for the old Curmudgeon that needs a hair cut and walking with a cane,,,wait a minute,,there are a lot of people matching that description:D! HRP

17. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

I've been to both and definitely like Knoxville more. But I also tend to like most of the NSRA shows better than Goodguys. The atmosphere and people seem more laid back, casual, and welcoming. Why not try both and see for yourself? :D

18. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Sad day! :p But really, hot rodders/street rodders/whatever you wanna call em are a dying breed it seems. Ain't too many young people left. So when you all get too old to drive your cars, I'll take them ;)

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

will not make it this year. always a good time

20. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

I'll be there...

Attached Files:

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I was wondering if a thread was going to go up. I'll be there with a couple other Tampa Knights. See you there. Gary

22. Looking forward to see the updated coupe! HRP

23. papastoyss

papastoyss

There is also a pedal car & antique toy show in Pigeon Forge 5/1-4 at Country Cascades Hotel behind TGIFridays between red lights 3&4. We usually try to take this in also.

24. I'm leaving for Pigeon Forge this Sunday. I haven't been for seven years, but will definately be there this year.

25. Plan on making the trip in the newest Pontiac in the corral.

Attached Files:

26. We will be leaving for Knoxville Thursday morning,We haven't decided what we are going to drive,,,but it's between the wagon and the sedan. HRP

27. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Leaving Thursday morning and plan on lunch at Litton's. A tradition.

28. Never been there Ken,,obviously it's good eats if it's a tradition with you,,I noticed it's only about 4 miles from our motel,,we will have to check it out. HRP

29. sota

sota

Barillaro Speed Emporium is having a open house on Saturday from 4to 9pm.
    they are located at 10527 Kingston pike ste c.

Last edited: May 2, 2013