Register now to get rid of these ads!

May need to sell what do you think $$$

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jandlcars, Apr 8, 2013.

1. I know its not HAMB friendly
    4.3 V6 Edelbrock Performer cam manifold carb 350 trany
    Hiedt chassis for 40 Ford tube control arms rac n pinion 8.8 Ford rear end
    new glass electric windows
    very little rust in trunk
    car was from Nevada
    may possibly need to sell trying to get an idea

Attached Files:

2. no help with a place to start

3. tally up what you have in it , would be a good start then deduct for wear and tear , id expect to see it in the $8500. on up range depending on fit and finish and interior , just cuz it aint hamb "friendly" doesn't mean it isn't worth some scratch to some one in the after market "street rodder" world

4. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

here is where wrong body and other choices is going to hurt---take a similar ford with 2 doors and a v8 and subtract 2/3---sorry...

5. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Yea it sucks to hear it but with four doors and a v6 it's probably gonna be less then you have in by quite a bit. Plus I know alot of older guys( most likely your demographic for that car) that would be leery of a primered car because of what could be underneath. Without seeing the interior and being able to look it over in person, I would imagine 5-7 grand...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. carmuts

carmuts

I am not sure what it would bring, but know how it feels to consider selling something you have poured heart and soul into. Having a V6 cuts your buying market in half if not more.

I had to sell my rdstr pu afew years ago. I had it since I was 17. Nearly pulled my guts out. With all that has gone on the last 3 years I have considered selling my delivery a couple of times, but memeories of the pain in selling the rdstr pu managed to talk me out of it. Not to mention my wife insisted that we not sell it. As for everything else carwise I could sell without any problem. Rod

7. you can see under it. it has had no body damage or work done to it
    no cracked fenders or repair done
    1/2" rust hole in trunk
    body is not primer its chassis black
    interior is a dark gray vinle on original seats with pleats like original cloth
    electric windows
    chassis is new $6500
    with 4.3 v6 it gets 20.4 in town mpg and it is faster than an S10 P/U

8. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Any time you sell something, you ask more than what you'll take, you can always go down

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Parts just don't ever add up to selling price to say nothing of labor.

10. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Check out the classifies in www.hotrodhotline.com for comparable pricing. I agree, the 4 doors and V6 will hurt the price. Good luck.

11. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

As mentioned before the four doors will cut the market wayyyyy down. Also the v6 hurts you. Had a local guy who built a 37 ford coupe, the car was damn nice but had a buick V6 and ran like a dream and was fast a hell. Long story short he played hell selling it because of the v6. The buyer pulled the v6 replaced it with a junkyard 305 chevy and cheap chrome then turned the car a month later for about $3500 more than he paid.

12. specialk

specialk

^^^^^ This

13. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I see a less practical Harley and camper in the background, sell those, the car is too cool to part with.

14. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

4dr or 2dr aren't that big a deal. It's the coupe or sedan issue that makes big price differences. A '37 coupe will bring at least 25-30% more than a sedan. Everyone thinks coupes are gold, and sedans just don't bring big bucks.
    That's a beautiful car, and sounds like a very nice driver.

15. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

A 4 dr makes a good family car for those guys that have a ducue roadster and had one too many quickies. :rolleyes:

It will sell, as a used car sales man once said, "There's an ass for every seat."

I happen to like 4 drs. I was disapointed when a friend once gave me a 38 Buick and when I went to pick it up, it turned out to be a coupe.

16. Roger is right. Don't discount the car for the engine and body, the car looks good. When people call....they know its a 4-door, but they called anyway, so they are interested. Establish your bottom line in your head, pad that price a little and don't let anybody try to bullshit you about the extra doors or engine. There are PLENTY of buyers out there for this type of ride....economical, room for the grand kids or friends...etc. Good Luck and don't give it away!

Murph

17. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Put it on Craig's list for 10000 and see what happens drop a little every few weeks. There is a buyer for everything.

18. was built as a daily driver
    the problem is $425.00 per month as a daily driver

collectors insurance only gives 2500 mi and not to be used daily
    camper and HD are $125 every 6 months together
    the camper cost on trips is less than motels can not drive long distance

19. ssimpala

ssimpala

I'm too far to seriously consider it, but I would like it in the $6500 dollar range.

20. Fenders

Fenders

I think the question should be what do YOU think?
    Put it in CL for whatever the fuck you want to get.
    Then consider offers.

21. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Are you looking to replace it with something to drive everyday? The Chevrolet dealership I worked at would take interesting trades in like this from time to time just to have something a little offbeat to put out front. Maybe just for curiosity take it to a dealer and offer it as a trade for a used car and see what that'll get ya? I know our dealership at various times had a restored A coupe, a gto judge, and various gm muscle cars
    On the floor or by the front gates.

22. no just like driving old cars
    been on CL they all want to trade for boats or worn out 4X4's
    just wanted a daily old car

23. chopdtop

chopdtop

For the right person the engine won't matter much. With a few modifications it can be a cool driver for someone.
    This is exactly what I'd do with it.

Attached Files:

24. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Something's wrong if your insurance is that high, if it is, the insurance is going to be just as high with anything else.

25. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Was it a frame off rebuild with everything painted? Or does it still have a crusty undercarriage? If it was a frame off, I'd ask $11,000. If not $8500. The other guys are correct. The V6 also hurts the value more than it being an "off" brand or 4 door.

26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

27. has a Hidts chassis. fenders have never been worked on
    the insurance is the issue its only $225 pr year but restrictions as not a daily driver
    this car with minimal on full coverage is $425 per month if I go with out full coverage it is $366 pr month
    my wife's 2012 impala is $362 every 6 months
    my 91 4X4 wrecker is $387 per year not full covered
    I am kinda stuck with the carrier because of the wrecker no one else will cover it as personal

28. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

One way to test the water is to put it on Ebay with a semi high reserve, but a figure you can live with in case someone does bid that high. That will give you some idea of the interest it would have and also how high people are willing to go to own it.

Don

29. I thought about that I was trying to keep it as a daily driver

30. woodypecker

woodypecker

Shop for another insurance company.