Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Spirits of St. Louis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. One hell of an article Joey.... It sure seems you have found something you love doing and you are really great at it I love how you bring us right down into your shoes and Paul's life. It makes me feel like I am right there checking it all out with you. Thanks for the Write up and Keep up the stellar work.

1Eye..

2. Nice job dude!

3. bobbyhstl

bobbyhstl
    from St Louis

There are only a few of the original club plaques left.

Attached Files:

4. autobilly

autobilly

Well written article on an interesting subject, what's not to like?
    I'll be waiting "in the comfort of my own home" for more (if it's on the cards)!

5. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Congrats!!! It's nice to see young guys from the Midwest on the come up!!!!!!

6. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

I would say that was a grand slam Joey, I read the whole thing even though I know Paul and without you telling his stories, he's kind of boring. Seriously though, I want more! Sign this kid up Ryan!

JW

7. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

this

8. Paul is a cool dude!! Glad to see him getting noticed. Thanks... Now he's gonna get a big head an shit. I'll have to go up to Old Dog an give him the smack down!

9. gregaustex

gregaustex
    from Austin

Hey Joey, I really enjoyed that. Have fun in Columbia and stay in school. Good luck.

Greg

10. I liked when Ryan said "Don't get out of the car unless you know where you are". He must have been talking about St. Louis. It's just this side of sketchy here ALOT. Good advice Ryan!!

11. Great article enjoyed reading very much,

12. bobblehead

bobblehead

Every thing about this is awesome. I was not expecting to see Paul's A when I went here this morning. Nice write up, kid.

13. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Joey great job and keep it up you are on the right track!

14. dechrome

dechrome

usmc501x,
    Stroker club plaques were originally cast around 1954. I don't think O'Brian Truckers were around at that time. The Stroker members still breathing value their remaining plaques highly. bobbyhstl is sort of the Strokers historian that is on the HAMB and has many pictures of club cars from the day.
    deChrome

A combination of Joey's writing skils and bobbyhstl's photos would make some interesting historical posts here on the HAMB.

15. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Dechrome, That would be cool! Also I bet they do! I have heard about the club before but have never seen a plaque or picture until your post. I know O'Brien does repop some clubs from that era and the Midwest. Just didn't know if that was one. Thank you for clarification and its neat that they're not because it would dilute the history. We definitely need to get Joey and Bobbyhstl on that!! Because that's real St. Louis hot rodding there!

16. CLM

CLM

Great article!! There are some great builders still around the STL area and still building their rods. I am constantly amazed at some of the old timers I run into and how friendly and helpful they are.
    I think Choprods is close enough to St Louis to be included in that series. Would love to see an article on him.

17. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

Nicely done Joey.

Andy from STL

18. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Im so proud of my lil Joey.

J.Ukrop likes this.
  19. n847

n847

So does this mean we have a new editorial staffer here at the HAMB?

20. flamingokid

flamingokid

Great job,Joey!

21. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Great job Joey. You and Paul are both great dudes. Can't wait to see your next article!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  22. Good stuff! a real Hall Street Reunion on the H.A.M.B.!!

23. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Great reading....

24. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Nice article man. Keep it up!

25. FWIW - I feel obliged to chime in - that plaque is one of the 12,000 that I have the original patterns for. It was originally made by Chicago Metal Craft in Port Chicago Calif. who made plaques for at least 8,000 different clubs. Here's a picture of the pattern:

Attached Files:

26. So... "How'd that work?":)

27. hombres ruin

hombres ruin