Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tanks Inc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mink, Apr 9, 2013.

1. mink

mink
    from CT

Can any one share with me their experience with Tanks Inc. And their fuel tanks. Any issues?

2. Well I had bought a threaded fuel neck and billet cap for my mustang tank and I had excellent service and received them fairly quick. I cant help you on info on the tanks unfortunately since i had bought mine from NPD before I knew about Tanks Inc

3. aldixie

aldixie

I have used a couple of their tanks in my 50 Chevy. Had no problems, excellent service.

4. Another thing...I was told not to use the over seas tanks make sure to ask for the canadian tanks made my Spectra ( I believe thats the name)

5. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I put one in my Lincoln, it's a 56 ford one but fit the same. Good tank, good service, I'm happy

6. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Have bought 5 of them, will be buying another soon.

7. zjerry

zjerry

Bought one from them had no problems.

8. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

I have used 3 of their tanks on early fords,all fit fine and reasonably priced. Also got parts for a custom tank that worked out well.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I have one. My car is not yet running, but the quality and price were very good. Would recommen

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Have bought a few tanks with no issues.

11. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I have used 3 of there tanks,,,no issues, good product.

12. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

I just got one from them for my car and it is very nice. Was packaged well as well.

13. sedanbob

sedanbob

I have one of their tanks in my '33 sedan. No problems, good service.

14. titus

titus

used lots of em, good products

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I was disappointed to find that they like everyone else it seems do not manufacture their own products.

As such the can't do any custom work. I am not sure where they have their tanks made, I just know they don't do it themselves.

16. mink

mink
    from CT

Thanks, im looking purchasing one of there 1928-1932 tanks

17. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Put one in my 32. Just had to trim the side flanges a little. Painted without any body work, near perfect.

18. 56FRLN

56FRLN

I put one of their powder coated tanks in my '56. Bolted right in and looks great.

19. Elbopper

Elbopper

Yes they are great, Also RockValley Antiques Have some nice stainless steel ones, good luck with your project.

20. I installed thier universal tank in my '46 a couple of years ago, great product and great service...

Attached Files:

21. Great product, no problems

22. yblock292

yblock292

Guess i'm the only one that has had problems with them, about 5 years ago i built a 30 coupe for a guy, TCI chassis. Called tanks about using their saddle tanks, told me no problem. Got the tanks, my fault for not checking the fit, but painted the brackets went to install them and they wouldn't fit due to the tci front radius rod brackets.End of story, had to pay shipping to send them back, charged me for the painted brackets and a re-stocking charge, last time i did business with them.

23. fms427

fms427

I used a 37 Ford tank from Tanks in the Wildfire - bought directly from them as it was a closeout unit of an older design. Had excellent service, great price, and fast shipping. Would highly recommend them.

24. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've sold dozens of Tank's tanks with no come backs. I have them in 3 of my 4 current cars.

25. Vergil

Vergil

Built my tank but used their in tank fuel pump setup (fuel injection) and it has worked good for 6000 miles ...

26. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

Used one in my 55 Pick up ...no problems

27. 5window

5window

I've had one for about 6-8 years-universal for my '31 A coupe. Nice quality.-no0 problems except a softening cap gasket and they sent me a new one with no hassle. I did have quite an issue with the company as I wanted to pick up my tank while visiting Minnesota and was told by a very grumpy lady that hey didn't sell tanks at their facility and probably wouldn't have mine in stock. So, I bought it from Yogi's who has since bought Tanks, Inc-at least they now have the same Iowa address. I have have found Yogi's to be very fine folks to deal with-personable-good products, good delivery and service after the sale and they know their stuff.

28. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I have one under the back of my coupe. Fitted first time never had any issues.

Great service and very happy

29. I bought a 66 Mustang/universal tank and put it in the trunk of my Model A Roadster. Also got the in tank carb fuel pump. I live in S.W. Wisc. so I took a short trip to Iowa and picked it up at Yogi's. Great people to deal with and a real nice facility. I'll be a repeat customer.

30. ibarodder

ibarodder

I bought a new tank and the gas cap looked like it had been ran over by a forklift. Anyway I called and they sent me a new cap a few days later, no problem.