Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Royboy goes to the 2013 Lonestar Roundup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Apr 8, 2013.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

The trip started off a bit weird. My Galaxie was at Chaotic Customs to get some TLC, so Tuesday night I needed a ride from home almost 2 hours south to my buddy Jack's (yblock292's) house where I was crashing for the night. Once we arrived and unloaded all of my boxes of shirts, hats, posters, video camera, clothes...where's my camera bag? It's still on the couch at home. Damn.

I laughingly explained to Jack that I would get the car in the morning and drive home, get my camera & then begin my trip again, fully prepped. Jack told me "phooey!" (not an exact quote) "Take my truck and go get your bag." As he handed me the keys, I headed out the door, filled his truck up with gas and headed back north. 2:30am I was back at Jack's and heading to bed.

The next morning we went over to Chaotic and picked up my car. They have quite a few other projects on hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Including my dad's 57

[​IMG]

And yblock292's 50 Ford
    [​IMG]

And his 51 Ford but we're not showing too many pics of that right now, there is a build thread out there if you want to search it out :).

After some hanging out it was time to head south. After leaving Mulvane I headed to Arkansas City, KS to see Jeff Myers (finkd) and see a new project in his shop. Then it was off to Oklahoma! The day was a bit long due to snow, sleet and rain all through Oklahoma. Add to that a malfunctioning cell phone and I had a few moments of less than happy thoughts and no photos from Jeff's, sorry.

After a rainy drive I finally got to Atlas Speed & Custom in Denison, TX.

[​IMG]
    Daddyo's punch list on his sedan, the last item is the best.
    [​IMG]

Part 2 of the trip was with a small group and we went from Denison TX to Austin TX. not a lot of photos from the day, but some fun ones.

Texas shaped waffle maker at the hotel to let you know where you were.

[​IMG]

We met up at Atlas Speed & Custom
    [​IMG]
    My ride at Atlas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we were off!
    [​IMG]

One of the cars in our group was Arturo in his shoebox
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We stopped at the Meatheads BBQ on the way
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's basically it for the trip down, the next post will start the show coverage photos with the real camera

See you at a show!

Travis

2. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Friday morning was awesome at the show, but you could tell by 10:30 that it was going to be huge.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really dig Johnny's Plymouth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jerry won the Deadend Magazine pick with his truck, I'll be shooting a feature for a magazine on it soon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for post 1 of the show coverage. Click any of these photos to see the entire gallery. As the week goes on I will go spend some more time editing a few of these and I'll re-post the results. Enjoy the coverage and buy a print by clicking on any image then hit the Buy button. The Galaxie made it there and back but will need some repairs that you can help me accomplish so I can take more photos at other shows for you!

See you at a show,

Travis

3. Great pics so far Travis! The Galaxie is looking fine....looking forward to checking it out in a few weeks at the SK.

4. ryno

ryno

was good seeing you again buddy.
    glad the car made it home, mostly in one piece.

5. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Yessir! I may have done some damage on this trip, but even if I have to trailer her to Bartlesville she will make it! Thanks for looking at the pics and the compliment, see ya in a month!

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I did have to stop and buy a new breather because I lost one but other than that I think all of the major parts made it back. Hope you had a great trip home, always good to see ya my friend.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Been waiting for you to put up YOUR pix...always the best shots of the whole deal...

Thanx for posting...

R-

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

You're welcome! And thank you for the kind words my friend! Hopefully I'll see you soon!

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Great story and pictures!

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks there is a ton more to come as soon as I can get back in front of my computer.

11. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

No time for words right now, I'll let the photos do the story telling.

Love this 48 Merc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arturo's shoebox.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you at a show,

Travis

12. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

13. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

real nice photos man!

14. Yup. Great pictures as usual Travis. Thanks for taking the time!

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks and you're welcome folks! More to come tonight after taking my mom out to her birthday dinner, stay tuned!

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446490753&k=fwtcwTf&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446490671&k=cqm6D26&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446491109&k=ZqV69RB&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446491396&k=H9Xf8bT&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446491448&k=TcSV7M2&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446491852&k=xdQ4GFm&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446491886&k=crLnKdn&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2013/2013-Lonestar-Roundup/28747485_TTWqb2#!i=2446492486&k=qkHB9pL&lb=1&s=A" title="">[​IMG]</a>

Remember click on any of these images to see them in the full gallery or to buy a print of them. You can get it for your wall starting at 4"x6" and on up from there. Support Royboy Productions and help bring more car show coverage to the world.

See you at a show,

Travis

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

great pics, thanks.

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Glad you took the time to check them out, more to come!

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Best coverage so far.....Thanks!

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool post Travis, nice to see the quality of cars. The round Up attracts some of the
    Koolest Rides in the country.

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thank you but you are far too kind!

Thanks brother Mick! There were a ton of great rides to choose from.

22. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Great shots, Travis and I regret not running into you once again!

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks Tom! If I would have known you would be there I could have left the camera at home! One of these days we will cross paths. Now I need to go find your thread to see how it's done right.

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

[​IMG]

Here I've captured the elusive creature Dan Greenburg in it's natural habitat. [​IMG]
    Sorry Dan, I had to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

regular photo
    [​IMG]
    some slight HDR manipulation
    [​IMG]

regular photo
    [​IMG]
    Some slight HDR manipulation
    [​IMG]

Most of what I do is just try to capture the vibe of the show and the kool rides but I can see where I can have a bit of fun with the HDR without going into lunatic land like some of the folks that I see out there. Thanks for the push Dan!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember click on any of these images to see them in the full gallery or to buy a print of them. You can get it for your wall starting at 4"x6" and on up from there. Support Royboy Productions and help bring more car show coverage to the world.

See you at a show,

Travis

25. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Travis, Great photos as usual and as you pointed out, you had a lot of cool cars to pick from. Thank you again for taking your time to show Linda and I around on Friday. Our stopping by was quiet by luck and a spur of the moment decision to try and work the Lonestar Roundup into our travel plans. I am gad that we did and I think we need to start working on your Dad and Uncle Tom into attending next year. Like Ryan pointed out in another Post, The Lonestar Roundup has to be lived, just seeing the photos is not near enough.

26. n847

n847

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! I've never seen this Plymouth before, I'd like to see more of it!

[​IMG]
    And this is the best damn looking custom I've seen in a long time...I can't get enough of it!
    [​IMG]

27. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great photos, Travis -- thanks a ton for taking the time to edit and post all of them!
    It was good to see you in Austin -- see you at another show/event soon!

Malcolm

28. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Robert it was a pleasure to hang out with you and the lovely Mrs. for a couple of hours. I hope the rest of the weekend went as well for you two as it did for me.

The Plymouth belongs to Johnny Torres out of Kansas. I have a few shots of it over the years, great car and a talented upholsterer that's a great guy that owns it.

Good to see you too my friend, glad you made it home okay, see you down the road!

29. Hey Travis, GREAT SHOTS. I know a couple of the guys you traveled with and I don't know about the company you keep. Jerry and Mike. Again, great photos. Thanks.
    Later,
    Dick

30. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

A couple of hooligans! Thank you for the compliment! It was fun to run with them and the ladies for the weekend.