Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever piss off your SO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Mine learned to stay outa my rigs back in my wheeler days. Different story when I toss her the keys!. I let her drive the 30 Coupe into town once and she was gone for 3 hrs. My friend called and said he seen her sideways in town. She had the "Duke of Earl" cranked up with a shit eatin grin on her face. He tried to catch her but gave up and called me.
    When I built the TT I built it to fit my sawed off legs. She stays out of it. Cant get from peddle to peddle HeeHeeHee

2. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Yep, there are very few people I feel comfortable driving with normally let alone when they stand on it.

3. My first wife hated motorcycles, seems some idiot gave her a heart attack ride on one before we met. I tried explaining to her that its not the bikes, just the one particular idiot who scared her half to death. Took me 12 years to get her on the back and go around the block with me. After that she quickly warm up to the idea.

4. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

Yeah, my wife......

I think she may even be into the cars even more than I :eek:.

But yeah, she wasn't very happy with me when I had her drive our coupe when I didn't think about the seat being setup for me. I am 6.1 and she is 5.4. She couldn't get the brakes pushed down and almost ran the car into the garage. Memo to self, an adjustable seat may have been a good idea...

[​IMG]

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I hear the same thing but with a Vietnamese accent. My wife just doesnt get it on any level. Back home she crashed a Honda 90 into a chain link fence, has a big scar on her leg. Few years ago, she spun her old Nissan around on a freeway off-ramp in the wet. Car started to push a little, she panicked and PUNCHED the brakes. When she met me, she had no idea that such a thing as car culture even existed. She thought I was just some isolated wierdo who had this strange fetish for working on junky old rusty cars. It took a couple years, meeting a bunch of my buds, and several car shows before she realized that there was this whole subculture out there. Unless you are born in North America, England Australia or Northern Europe, it IS a pretty strange concept.

6. Diavolo

Diavolo

... every damn day.

I took my x to 150 on the Blackbird. She held on real tight and hugged me good, until we stopped. The then reared back and smacked my helmet so hard it almost knocked my head off. Punched my back for a good minute and told me never to do that again.

7. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

sure....im doing it right now

8. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Is'nt there a say; Hot rods are for impressing the lady, custom are for keeping them.
    And the shop/garage is for getting a break.

I mostly piss my wife of by going to my shop, or comming in late from working.

But she is no car person! And will never be, so I try to keep the pissing off to a minimum. Or she put a Ban, un my shop time.
    But there will always be some complaining B-)

9. I did an "E-brake 180" with my wifes toyota in the snow...once...as she watched. I said"Now you dont have turn around". Baaaad mistake!
    But two weeks ago we were in my car at a light next to some twerp in a Chev Cavalier. He kept revving his engine and even flipped me off. SHE says"Go ahead and blow his doors off!" I will NEVER figure out females.{I cut the light right and dusted the punk btw}

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  11. She thought I was just some isolated wierdo who had this strange fetish for working on junky old rusty cars.

Well ..... She's right :)

12. Deuces

Deuces

13. Not an SO story but close. My Mom had a 1965 Corvair convertible with a 140hp and a 4 speed and my brother talked Mom and Dad into trading it for a new 1969 Chevelle SS with a 396/375hp and a 4 speed. Some days Mom would drive it when she needed it to go some where.

It's only a couple of weeks that they owned it and I'm standing in the show room of the dealer where they bought it talking to my uncle who sold them the car. I hear the Chevelle winding out and the gears being hammered and we look out the window just in time to see my Mother go by going at least 70mph in a 30mph zone.
    Now at this time Mom is 59 years old and is not known for being on the wild side.
    She is gone and a few seconds later a bunch of high school kids go roaring by in a 1957 Ford and most of them are hanging out the windows of the car and looking up the street.

When I got home I asked her how she liked the car. She admitted that it was pretty nice and rather powerful as well. Then I dropped the bomb about the drag race and asked her what the kids had said.

The reply was that they pulled up beside her at a light and yelled, Goose it Granny, so I gave it to the little Bastards. Many times my friends would say to me that they had seen Mom in the Chevelle around town. I'd ask what she was doing and the reply was, I can't tell you. Heard about the old lady in the Chevelle a few time while talking to people. I never told them who she was.

I had to add that Mom is going on 102 and we were talking about the car this morning. Her eye's were twinkling when she talked about the kids in the Ford.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  14. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

15. My wife likes fast cars. When we were dating, she would drive my brutally fast OT Mustang to Islip Speedway, as I was tied up with hauling the stock car there.

She liked taking the car on and off the trailer too. I could never get her to hot lap it, even though she held a NASCAR license.

I think with some warning, she would dig a sideways car, even more if she was driving it.

Bob

16. ironpile

ironpile

My so freaks whenever I go WOT no matter what I`m driving.:D

17. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Better hide the keys. She may decide she likes the thrill and take it out for a rip.lol

18. sedanbob

sedanbob

That car has been gone for over 45 years - the Holley on my current sedan has two.

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Shes ALWAYS right...:rolleyes:;)

20. daddio211

daddio211

I used to have that miserable relationship some of you are living, but went on a diet and lost that 300 lbs of ugly fat!

New wife is a hot rodder through and through, and the build thread in my signature is HER car. She's definetly a girly girl but according to her, "Roadster hair is cool!"

She's not much for wrenching on 'em, but is up for a ride anytime I turn the key! ;)

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I took my father-in-law for a quick ride one day in the rod. We hit the 4 lane and I wanted to merge coming off the ramp, stabbed it....then he started clutching his chest.... We weren't even going 50mph, I think it was the rumble from the pipes that scared him. I thought he could handle it, he grew up with this stuff.

We get back with no further excitement, and walk in the house. On the drive home I told my wife about her father's "ride" Lets just say that she didn't take it to well.

22. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

got involved in a big time street race in 99 at 1 am.. Wife was in the coupe and she said "don't do it!"
    Well... I did it ! was 3 yrs b-4 she rode in that car again......

23. Gerg

Gerg

everytime she see the credit card statement

24. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I can't in my truck because an sm420 is tough to speed with. She is a good sport and is very supportive of the hobby. I keep my fast in my ot and that is where I get into trouble.

25. daddio211

daddio211

One of my current wife's favorite things to do was play with Corvettes on the freeway in our A Tudor.

Speed limit here is 75. Rolling along with a HOT 327 and 3.00 gears I'd watch for them to come up in the mirror, even slow down to about 70 so they'd catch us quicker. Once we were side by side a quick blip of the throttle lurched us forward. One hundred percent of the time they'd floor it, to which I'd drop the TH350 into second and wring that little 327 out before hitting 3rd.

Passed every single one every single time. Z06's too. I'd have two car lengths on them by 105 MPH then back off, cuz we all know a chopped A sedan ain't as slippery as a Vette!

Never, ever failed! A few Vipers, Ferraris, lots of SRT8's too. Not all of them would play, but the Vette guys were as predictable as my ex sittin' on the couch stuffin' her face!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

26. Veach

Veach

Mine gets pissed all the time She wants to always drive.Been married 40 years.I can still remember the first time I seen Her and Her Mercury Damn I Loved that Car

27. white64

white64
    from Maine

I had a built 64 cyclone and had a wife at the time, thing was loud, lumpy cam etc, (the Cyclone was loud and lumpy) she went for one ride in it... and never went for a ride again.. I think that's where I first earned her nickname for me "GDFA"... Check your calendar boys, its simple math; HP + PMS = GDFA.

28. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Ya Know on a similar note, most dishwashers make excellent parts washers... That seems to have some effect on them too.

Cheers!

29. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Mine likes to ride and will jump right in and wrench to get it on the road . Likes driving them to.