Register now to get rid of these ads!

You got a name for your car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 23 bucket-t, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Called THUNDERPIG. Its funny how words work... A Thunderbird sounds regal and edgy. A Thunderpig.... well...

Attached Files:

2. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

The Buick, The Bu-Hog, The BuAAAAAck.

3. RacerRick

RacerRick

The 49' Fleetline is the "Two Tone Terror" - as named in an email to me from Fat hack. And a terror is has been. Its been fighting me every step of the way to just get it home, then to the shop.

The 69' Dart is Dart Vader...I didn't name it but it stuck.
    The 80 Z28 has no name...
    The 84' F350 Ramptruck is the Ugly truck.
    The 86' E350 is the Blue OX.
    The 95' Plymouth Voyager is the Meenie Van.

But soon the Blue OX, and car with no name will be gone. Hopefully.

4. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

'Jeepers Creepers'- due to the 'creepy' kustom look she'll eventually have. I found out about Voodoo Larry and his 'Voodoo Creeper' about 9 months after I started my project-great minds think alike, I guess:D
    So yeah, I'm named after my car, not the other way around;)

5. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

6. FONZI

FONZI

If mine ends up Root Beer Brown (as planned) it will be called " EL KAKA"

FONZI

7. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

"LENORE" like the dead girl she is

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

My El Camino has been dubbed the Hell Camino. It just fits.

9. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

I named a friends El Camino "The mullett". (business in the front, party in the back). He hated it, but it stuck.

I named my dad's old El Camino "El Camino Malo". That was actually a cool name that stuck around.

10. STIFF

STIFF
    from Rat Town

My '52 Chevy is named "Rocinante" after Don Quixote's horse. I got the idea from John Steinbeck's book Travels With Charley in which he travels the U.S. in a Winnebago camper of the same name.

11. munster

munster
    from burbank

hahaha!! " EL KAKA" thats fuck'n great fonzi!! mine is "c-section" named in paso by a bunch of drunks!

12. Crankhole

Crankhole

Currently "Pile of Rusty Parts".
    When it's completed "Pile of Rusty Parts".

13. WEREROD

WEREROD
    from Dago

I call My car "WEREROD"

Attached Files:

14. Joe Musser

Joe Musser
    from Altoona PA

When I get my 29 Model A touring done it will be known as "The Creeper" cause it is going to be as low to the ground as I can possibly get it and the song is good too. Plan on black suede finish with the name painted in orange and red across the back.

15. My dad and the rest of the family named mine Blue Belle. I call it the Blue Whale cause that is the kind of turning radius it has.

16. JasonK

JasonK

Daughter calls my car the "scary car" Wife calls it the piece of shit. I think of her as "RoseBud" in honor of my Dad's car. But scary car fits like a glove.

17. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

Well the old fella I got my 55 Olds Super from was selling it to take care of some doctor bill's of his wife. I drove 3hrs to go look at the car after my pop gave the guy some money to hold it for me. When I got there I must have been there another 3 hours just talking with John and his lovely wife Maxine. They obviously had spent many of years having fun with and in that Olds. It seemed only right to honor his sweet wife.

"MAXINE"
    [​IMG]

The 31 kinda remains nameless other than the "BREEDING GROUND FOR SPIDER WEBS"
    [​IMG]

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hehe

love that breeding ground,,, any plans in the works?

19. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Named my Bel-Air "Gertrude." Just looking at her, that was her name without a second thought about it. A little rough around the edges, a bit of attitude, and an older name you dont seem to hear any more. She looked like she got her butt kicked on the playground for being named Gertrude and it just fit.

20. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

I'VE BUILT HER 5 DIFFERENT TIMES IN MY HEAD (THAT DONT COST MUCH)

PICKED UP A 322 BUICK NAILHEAD FOR IT, GOT A 32RAILS ROLLING CHASSIS, NOT SURE IF IM GONNA USE IT THOUGH. I WANT TO CHANNEL IT SO I'LL PROBABLY BUILD SOME RAILS FOR IT TO GET IT DOWN AND SWITCH THAT FRONT END BACK TO A DROPPED STRAIGHT AXLE HUNG WAY OUT IN FRONT WITH SOM HAIRPINS. RATTLE CAN BLACK SOME CHEATER SLICKS ON THE REAR.... (THATS THE LAST IMAGINARY BUILD) TIME TO MAKE IT A REALITY AND GIVER A REAL NAME

MY AVATAR WAS THE CONCEPT DRAWING
    [​IMG]

21. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

******** Just figured out how to post a picture and here is Lucille*****

22. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Ha Ha Ha,The Hot Rod when it's moving under it's own pwer and runnin' ok:D .

[​IMG]

The Old Pile,when it's broken and won't go:( .LOL

[​IMG]

T.OUT

23. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Lets try one more time this is Lucille

Attached Files:

24. I've had a couple of cars with names but the majority of them were nameless.My 60 Chevy sedan delivery was known as the,"Magic Bus"after a tune by the Who but I painted the name on in Cyrillic cyphers(Russian)and people would come up and ask me who,"John Bunny" was(that was an approximation of what it looked like in Russian).
    My Safari originally had painted on it,"the Tin Indian"(REALLY original)but I decided to rename it ,"the Incendiary Indian" after I put all the stripe flames on it.Left the original name on and just fit in the new letters in between.
    I get some pretty weird requests to paint on vehicles and one of the strangest(I declined to do it)was a guy who owned a chopped and radically channeled 33 Ford sedan with a six deuce Olds engine.He wanted me to paint on the back of it a picture of a naked pregnant woman with a knife sticking in her stomach and call it(what else?),"the Abortion".
    Another guy's wife wanted me to paint on their Gold Wing a tiny jar of JIF peanut butter with a half-eaten sandwich next to it to remind him of the miserable time she had on one of their vacations.His old bike broke down while they were on vacation and rather than fix it he bought a new one and made her eat peanut butter sandwiches until they got home!Man if I ever pulled a stunt like that with my wife,I'd be real leery of ever closing my eyes to go to sleep.
    Probably one of the best ones was done on the scatter shield of a rear axle ring gear on a AA/GD(Dick Roberts' old,"North Wind" digger) a friend of mine drove.In case one isn't familiar with the old front engine,"slingshot"-style dragsters,the seating position was such that you sat just behind the rear axle with your legs draped over the axle housings and your crotch nearly against the center section.On this cover I painted,"If you LOVE them,PROTECT them!"

25. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

this is alittle better picture of Lucille :D

Attached Files: