Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever piss off your SO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

I took a woman riding in my Model A after I hotrodded the engine but before I fixed the brakes and I got into a situation where I was braking hard AND pulling the handbrake. Yes, I was a 'little concerned' :)
    Later she told me she wasnt worried because she knew I didnt want to damage my car!

2. n847

n847

My wife doesn't care too much but I generally don't act too silly with her in the car cause I don't want her to be uncomfortable in it!
    That being said we were coming home for a late night cruise in last fall with the kids in the back (I don't get stupid with the kids in the car at all) and we had to pick up some McDondalds. There was a group of 18 year old kids in the parking lot with their deisel trucks I recognized a kid my brother knows so I pulled up and told them "Judging by that smoke you guys got coming out of your exhaust you all got valve problems with them there trucks!" They all looked at me thouroughly confused as I was idling away so I punched it in the middle of the parking lot and got a little squirly. We pulled out and I was probably grinning like an idiot cause my wife just gave me a funny look. About a block later she said "You startled me back there." to which I said "huh?" she siad "You just suprised me when you jumped on it like that." I replied "In the future you should be much more supprised when I don't jump on it in that situation!" She laughed! PHEW!!!!

3. cruzr

cruzr

Rather than piss off the SO, I just got rid of her!! Now that I am single I don't worry about pissing em off.

4. I wish my situation went that kind of way. Mine is opposite...
    My kid's mother wanted to hotrod, but got very pissed at me because I couldn't bring her for a fast ride, like I kept telling her about... since both of my hot rods were still projects. She paid for both of my projects and most of my tools and parts, after I said I could build the cars quickly and "cheap".
    She said, "Oh sure, you never finished building... so you still can't bring me for a good hot rod ride. But you brought my wallet and bank account for a quick ride. So, bye-bye!":mad:

5. Hahaha...that is awesome

6. My wife is still pissed at me for buying my project car. I even bought it before we got married using my rainy day dough. I cant blame her though. It was a spur of the moment thing that i just dropped on her. Adam

7. BRENT

BRENT

When ever mine starts ragging on me I alway tell her :

"My cars were here before her and they will be here after her" seems to do the trick.

Yeah Im an asshole.

PS: Whatever you guys do DONT BAKE YOUR HEADERS AFTER YOU PAINTED THEM IN THE OVEN!

they REALLY hate that!

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My wife has never even had her Corolla at WOT. :rolleyes:

9. If they didn't get it before you were together,they never will.......:eek:

10. kiwi1967

kiwi1967

I still own a vacuum store so i know what you mean!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

In high school I was driving a '69 Mustang that was in sad shape when it came to the brakes. I topped off a low master cylinder and was going for a test drive when my girlfriend asked for a ride. Needless to say, I forgot to tell her I was about to test the brakes. And, of course, she didn't have her seatbelt on when I stood on the pedal.
    She crumpled up on the floor like a rag doll!
    I don't know if I got in more trouble for not warning her, or laughing out loud later.

12. 1pickup

1pickup

Mine owns & rides her own Harley, & just told me to spend our tax refund on getting a new flathead built for my '39! Of course, we just celebrated 6 months...

13. rustang

rustang

I married a wonderful woman who is the only girl with (3) older brothers...she has always been a speed junkie....she has raced snowmobiles (drag and ovals) when we use to race....she ran our old circle track car a few times....

I built my current truck for her, she wanted something of her own that was cool, and i've had the truck and engine for years, she wanted to do something with it, so hers it is... :)

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine likes it. Then again, since her and I've been together, (26yrs) I haven't owned anything nearly as fast as some of the beasts a lot of you guys drive. Someday I will though...and I'll make 'er pee her panties...lol.

One day I was working out in the barn/shop. We live on a 200acre farm, and the shop is about 100yds from the house. It was a nice summer day, and she was hangin' out there with me. I said, "I have to go get the Ford coupe." It was up by the house. She said, "I'll go get it for you." I said, "Ok, that's cool." A couple minutes later, I heard the engine start, heard her back out of the parking spot and sit there idling for a few seconds. All of a sudden...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I looked out the big open door to see she's got the thing floored, the tires spinning and throwin' gravel and fishtailing all the way down the driveway. She pulls up to the shop, gets out of the car laughing and says, "How was that?" Made my day.

[​IMG]

15. Mine will race her jeep out of the hole to be first in line across the intersection, after that just normal. Every time but once, I have to "clean the plugs" on my 2x4 equipt t-bucket after she drives it. She just puts around loading it up, that one time though she said she got tired of this girl trying to race her at stop lights. She dusted her and I was kinda proud at that moment listening to the story...lol
    but she doesn't like to go fast, ha ha
    [​IMG]

16. sedanbob

sedanbob

A million years ago I took my girlfriend out for a ride in my '55 chevy. I had just rebuilt the carb. We pulled up behind somebody at a stop sign with I felt the gas pedal just fall from under my foot! The return spring had broken and the throttle fell wide open. I was afraid I'd blow the engine, so I dumped the clutch, fishtailed and went flying through a gas station that was on that corner. Tires smoking and me spinning the wheel trying desperately to not hit anything and standing on the brakes. We got all the way to the other end of that station before I got my wits about me long enough to shut it off. She started screaming at me, calling me everything in the book, until she noticed I was white as a sheet and shaking! She thought I had done it on purpose.

17. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On our first date, I took her for an antique airplane ride. 24 years later and multiple cross country flights in open cockpits, the roadster is pretty tame in comparison.
    She's a keeper.

18. Deuces

Deuces

Gotta think fast!!... Turn the key "off"... :rolleyes:

19. So mine ain't the only one that knits while i drive?
    She'll knit while we rollin my 54 chevy....inliner.
    Got my blown tub rolling this summer and she asked if i'd do something "stupid" in it for her....that thing scares me still....so tapped the go pedal a little, blew the tires off and she smiled and thanked me???

20. sedanbob

sedanbob

That's what I did! Trip through the gas station took all of about 3 seconds - just enough to scare the cr*p out of me (and her)!

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I did that in my V-8 pinto when I was a kid,throttle stuck open, panicked, clicked it all the way back, locked the steering, and coasted into a chain link fence...:rolleyes::eek:

22. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Mine likes old cars, just not all the time I spend working on them.

23. flamingokid

flamingokid

My SO's always like it when I get on one of my cars....GFs love that shit.wives don't ;)

24. SmoKerch

SmoKerch

Do any of you know why women close their eyes when you kiss them?

They don't want to see us enjoying ourselves.

25. G'day all, When my SO and I started dating back 35 years ago while going to colledge I was driving a red, white, and blue 55 Chevy 2 door post. It had 4 foot long ladder bars and it was loud. Now after 32 years of marriage she should be used to it.

However, due to the stoke my driving has been revoked so she has to drive me everywhere. Doing my therapy and everything so I can drive again though.

ms

26. *Disclaimer:
    Photo was taken of a professional driver on a closed road circuit. :eek: LOL!

27. Yip, Went to the nationals a few years back, pissed down and id forgotten to put the wiper on the car, no top and slicks on the rear, got absolutley soaked. She forgave me but we were doing about 100mph in the bucket on the straight near our house a while back, straight pipes,short wheelbase and a little bumpsteer (now corrected) scared the fuck outa the wife to the point where she refuses to get in it with me again. Her loss I guess!!

28. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I pissed my wife off right before I left for Korea, I adjusted my front drum brakes for the first time in my 57 Dodge (after it was blowing through stop lights/signs) and I grabbed my keys and she heard me and asked "where are you going" i told her to test the brakes out, she asked if she could come i reluctantly said yes, knowing she wasn't going to like it.(FYI, my truck does not have seat belts) so first stop im doing about 35mph and hit the brakes and she went "SMACK!" right against the windshield, had a pretty big bump on her head. She said "Test is over, take me home!:mad:" i knew it was a terrible idea, but she insisted and she is still mad at me over that, two months later......You just cant win....:confused:

29. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

The first ride in my old shop truck and the wife went along.... Being a Hot Rod girl and been around the races all her life should have prepared her for what was coming, but it didn't.

We rolled up to stop sign (open headers and all). It was time to let it eat and she freaked out....! She still talks about it because this thing would get STUPID in about 1 second.

The guy that got it from me did almost the exact same thing when he took his wife for the first ride, but she ended up head first in the passengers side floor board. :D:D:D

Attached Files:

30. chop32

chop32

Mine is fine with it all...only gets pissed when I don't warn her first!