Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever piss off your SO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

My wife use to drag race, and rode shotgun more than a few times when I partook in some street racing back in the day.She wanted to drive my sons o/t turbo low 8 second Mustang true 10 inch tire car, luckily he sold it before she got the chance. She would still do it, the only problem is no tracks left on the Island and to much of a pain in the ass getting off and on the Island to make it worth while.

2. Lizzie, you are wise beyond your years. ;)

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You are just damn LUCKY that thing didn't come off the jackstands while revved up like that !!! :eek:

Ray :D

4. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

Try doing it on a 50 yr old hot rod ironhead sporty and no sissy bar.....Stood it straight on its ass, not quite over, but damned close. That was the last time Mrs FNE ever rode on 2 wheels with me.

My mom got a bit luckier in that I only jumped a ditch and fence row with her in my beater chevette. Broke all 4 springs and punched both front shocks through the hood when we landed, to give you an idea of the altitude we attained!

My wife is used to the 4 wheeled hijinks though. For as long as we've been married, when cars get close to dying, we kill them. The ol lead foot and a farm pasture. Never driven a one to the bone yard. Hauled em all.

5. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

The wife constantly eggs me on! I would be in jail if I did it as much as she says GET ON IT. WE raced at a few drags and looks at me and says is that all its got. its gone 9;20s @145 in the 1/4.

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Seriously though, some of you guys seem to purposely provoke the SO.....you must like livin' on the edge.......

I've done my share of pissing them off, but not so much by doing the tire burning antics, as I too think that is a bit pointless.

It just seems to me it makes much more sense to 'tune in' a little more to what they like and don't like and reap the rewards from a contented woman. After all, YOU like it when she shows consideration for your preferences, do you not? That doesn't mean you can't play hot rodder.......just do it alone or with your buds who can appreciate it more.

Ray

7. Not my SO or wife but I did that to my dad- he was physically sick- not sure if he ever forgave me that one-

8. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

Ha! The first thing mine did in my F100 is pretend to rustle horse reigns. Hahaha. Maybe it's a Russian thing.

9. I remember the last time The Department of War and Finance got really really upset with me. I told her I was going out to a friend's farm to pick up some parts. When I got back in the house, she asks "Was that the tow truck I saw in the back alley??"

I tried explaining that the parts I needed were $5o but if I brought the whole thing to town - a completely rotten 56 Pontiac four door hardtop - the price was a thank you. I told her I'd have the thing stripped in two days and it'd be gone. Unfortunately it snowed about a foot the next day and it stayed. To top it all off there were several trails of tiny footprints that went off to the neighbours garages. I did manage to tell her that it was at least a good thing they didn't set up residence in my garage. I caught shit for that on a regular basis all winter. Love her dearly, but I do know NOT to do that again....

10. Carter

Carter

I feel sorry for you guys. My wife encourages me to work in the garage, goes to swap meets and auctions with me, helps me not waste money so I have more for car stuff, loans me cash if I need it quick for parts, hangs out in the garage, has been gathering parts to put together a model a pickup for herself, and is still pissed off at me for selling my 61 Falcon.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I had gone to my parents house in my '55 Chevy (avatar). On the way home, we came to a red light. There was a Nova making a left turn but he sat there until the signal began to change. I told my wife, "He's waiting for me". Sure enough, he made the left turn then slowed down. The signal changed and I took off slowly. I drew abreast of the Nova and began to keep pace. I told my wife he wants to race. My wife said, "You'd better not!". I told her to "Hang on!". She said, "No, no, nooooooo!!!!" as she grabbed a hold of the seat. I down shifted and off we went...............

PS: We're divorced.

12. I thought "significant other", was the "hot rod"! :D Guess I'll stay single and "sworn to fun", for the time being.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

A "contented woman"... Now THERE is an oxymoron!

14. Man I gave you your answer to this on the last " scorned woman " thread .

15. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Chip............everything is relative........:D

Ray

16. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

Hmmmm.....

I waited a while to get married. Glad I waited!

My wife has horses, rides Dressage. It's the perfect trade.......

She spends $$$$ floating teeth, shoes for the feet, shots, trainers, tack, saddles, blankets and sometimes board. She grits her teeth and "loses" all of the bills (or goes to some length to NOT show them to me.

I quietly smile and drag home cars, parts, projects, sell off shiny cars for piles of money and buy more rust..............

2 FUNNY stories.......

I took her for a WILD and I mean WILD ride in a Vette.....SIDEWAYS. She held on for dear life and was kinda pissed but got over it.

A while back I hopped on her Dutch Warmblood horse. If you don't know much about horses...this things shoulder is about eye level with me! And the damn saddle is tiny with NOTHING to hang onto.

Me in jeans shorts and sandles grabs the reins and "steers" the head to the right. I can ride a horse....TRAIL HORSE.

Well...to make a long story short...these Dressage horses have different "controls". Like driving a Formula ONE race car!
    Pulling the reins ,eans "collect your head" and squeeze with your thighs means "FLOOR IT". The horse hauled ass at a steady trot out of the arena...up the gravel driveway....100 yards FULL SPEED back to the barn...through the open doors, down the aisle and SLAMMED on the brakes head down RIGHT UP TO THE STALL. My ass was off like the Lone Ranger!!!!!!! Blew the carbon outta my Adrenal gland and lucky I didn't ruin my shorts! :D

By the time the wife got there I was laughing my ass off and doubled over out of breath. She figured I was DEAD.

WORKS BOTH WAYS.......BOTH WAYS..............

17. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

How did you meet this woman? Please tell us all... :eek:

18. Flathead Cad

Flathead Cad
    from Oregon

In 1963 my wife would on occasion drive my '61 Lancer slant six with 13psi boost from a turbo to her job as an airline hostess. To keep track of how the car was running I had installed a tach in a chrome housing and an aircraft boost gage in a similar housing on top of the dash. One day she met an acquaintance on a flight home and offered to give him a ride home from LAX. He asked what the two gages were and she said that they were for the turbocharger. He asked "what's that?" so she planted her foot in it and scared the daylights out of him. I don't have the SO problem.

19. Falcongeorge nailed that one "in spite of my cars, not because of them..."
    yeah, for some reason sidestepping the clutch and floating the valves just doesn't bring the reaction that I hoped for. My twin boys on the other hand aren't even 4 yet and they're helplessly doomed. Two future SO's that will be pissed off by old cars.
    Had a quiet week once when I left the driveway sideways in my '56 Porsche, so isn't always bad! (am I in danger of being banned for enjoying a foreign car, BTW?)

20. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Yeah exact same thing happened when I did that …. I think she was mad because she peed her panty’s a little.
    Good excuse to check hers

21. Larry T

Larry T

See what a wheelie on a rigid framed Harley with a P pad will get you.

Yea, I've been single (again) for lots of years.

22. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

All right...

So I took her (and her mom whose birthday is Monday...and my 7 y/o daughter) out for dinner, got a few glasses of wine in her, and all is well.

I texted my friends to tell them what happened and she saw the text. Got kinda pissed at me...said that the only reason she went off was because the truck doesn't have safety belts (not yet, at least, I do believe in and use them).

All told, she's actually pretty cool. I have the garage stuffed with antique hit/miss farm engines, 4 old cars at the commercial building I own for my business, and she knows about them all. So, I guess I can't really complain THAT much.

Is she a keeper?? Well...after being married for 14 years with one daughter, I'd say we're pretty much used to each other.

She knows that I fart in bed, eat like a starved hound dog, and swear like a drunken sailor, I know that she bitches at me for certain things, and we both deal. All in all, it works out ok.

Until my next project gets dragged home :D.

Chris

23. i did that once to my high school girl friend
    i expected to get her wrath, but she didn't even move
    turned her on like a light switch
    i had a fun night lol
    adverse reaction with my wife though...i just get the wrath lol
    tk

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ROFL! Sounds like my wife!:rolleyes: She usually gets over whatever "crime" I've committed in a day or two...

25. bb55hrt

bb55hrt
    from Michigan

Ok I'll play. 1955 chevy 3100. Fresh 383 and a new center force clutch. It wasn't the 4000 rpm launch, or stayin in it through 4th gear, but after smacking the back of her head on the rear window 4 times and then saying good thing you didn't break the glass! I'm surprised she still puts up with me.
    BB

26. millersgarage

millersgarage

No issues with the car, but she almost fell off the back of my GSXR once when I got into it.
    She didn't enjoy riding on the bike after that :eek:

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

DAMN STRAIGHT! Thats some funny stuff right there...

Like a dog when he sees a squirrel. Just cant help it!!:p:p

28. millersgarage

millersgarage

just let her drive it...

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

AAAHHHH, that would be nice, but mine is "afraid" of her 200c.i. six powered automatic wagon a screwed together for her... How can something so docile be scary?