Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need 1965-70 Eastern racing papers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Indy Bones, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Indy Bones

Indy Bones

I know, I know, this is pretty much way off-topic, but are there any HAMB-ers out there who might have (or know someone else who might have) a stash of Eastern race papers specifically from 1965-70?

I'm thinking mostly of the now-defunct Illustrated Speedway News, but also perhaps Area Auto Racing News?

I'm working with Supermodified legend Bentley Warren on his autobiography, so I'm trying to chase down accurate accounts of certain events in that period. Most of what he did pre-1965 and post-1970, I've already got records for, but that second half of the '60s is a bit blurry when it comes to dead-nuts true facts.

You can PM me if you don't want to post the info here.

Many thanks in advance ...

-- Bones in Indy

2. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Hey bonesy.......you have your handsful with that guy. The non racing stories could fill a normal race book. But we all know that Bentley is far from normal. Can't wait for your book to come out.....got a good "Bentley" story if you need one.......will check my old papers too. Jim M. #14

3. Indy Bones

Indy Bones

Thanks, Jim ... I will be in touch. And please let me know if you do find anything from that period, '65-70.

-- B

4. Indy Bones

Indy Bones