Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Dan Post "Custom How" reprints from TRJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinstriper40, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just want to say thank you to those who made the revival of the Dan Post books happen. I've heard of them before but I've never actually seen one; to be able to absorb this bit of custom history will be wonderful. Not only will it present old thoughts on styling, but it will encourage new customs to be built with an honest guideline that I'm sure will have a positive impact on the overall "look" of the car being built for decades to come.

These are the types of print that need to be put back into circulation, and it is truly a blessing that the good folks at The Rodder's Journal have been able to do so with Dan Post's publications. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. williebill

williebill

Glad to see them reprinted,too. Guess the original Dan Post books I bought for stupid money 8-10 years ago won't be worth as much,but that's OK. They are cool as hell.

3. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it's a cool $50 for this set... I imagine you'd still be able to get more for your originals.

4. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I already ordered mine.

5. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Ryan did a blog on the Jalopy Journal main page concerning Dan Post's books back on May 20, 2009. For those that are not familiar with these books, you can go back and find the blog in the archives at the bottom of the main page. At the bottom of his blog, Ryan provided a link to download Dan Post's 1949 bluebook. This set of books is definately worth the $50.00.

6. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool! Thanks Mr. Clean. I'm glad to hear the books are worth the bucks. From what I saw in TRJ they sure look good!

On a side note, does anyone recognize the Merc on page 117 of issue #56 of TRJ? It's also page 43 of one of the books...

7. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I've got a full set of original ones. They are great. I will be ordering a set of the reprints so I can keep my originals nice.

8. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Has anyone received their set of reprints yet?

9. sinticket

sinticket

I sure havent...but man I am ready to get mine!

10. 51 mercules

51 mercules

11. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was just wondering when they'd be shipping out too... No news on the TRJ website as of tonight... I'll keep being patient- I know santa's watching!

12. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey, dumb question, but is TRJ the only one's repoppin' these? The old '' Restoration Series " old Dan Post books wasn't by TRJ!

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't think anyone else is reprinting them at this time. I don't think they've ever been reprinted... Correct me if I'm wrong.

14. I ordered mine back in November.... Still waiting for them to ship

15. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm hoping for next week... Keep your fingers crossed!

16. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just checked the TRJ website- here's what it said-
    "The books have now been printed! We are currently waiting on the packaging to be complete. Please sign up for our email newsletter for the latest updates."

17. I have been signed up but no updates.
    I talked to a TRJ girl at GNRS, she said they were shipping the next week but nothing yet.
    Impatiently waiting!

18. Has no one has received them, or heard updates on a ETA?

19. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Haven't received mine yet!

20. Glad I'm not the only one waiting impatiently.

21. Yyyup!

22. Weren't these supposed to get signed ? Maybe that is taking a while.

23. Coming in a nice box now! :thumbsup:

24. Attached Files:

25. DEVILS REJECT

DEVILS REJECT
    from AZ

Any one heard when these might ship? I like the fact they added 3 more books, but i'm chompin at the bit here.

26. I recived an Email from them today that said,

"The production delay has to do with the custom packaging for the set. We were so happy with the reproduction quality and the finished bound volumes, we figured the only way to properly present the set was to up the ante on the packaging. We made design changes to create a box that is sure to look great on your bookshelf with the rest of your Rodder’s Journalmagazines, slipcases, and hardbound volumes. The boxes are being constructed now, and will be completed shortly. We expect to receive them before the end of March. As soon as they arrive in our warehouse, we will begin shipping."

So, it sounds like we need to wait till the end of March.

27. bigm

bigm
    from Orange, CA

Yep. The price is right for the reprints since TRJ does a great job on all their other books. My e-mail from them tonight had an update on delivery.
    They're finalizing the custom box for the reprints right now and the sets should be in the mail by the end of March.
    I still have my yellow with blue Custom Restyling book that I've had since the 50's. Good thing I took good care of it, no rips or missing pages. The binding is still good. Can hardly wait for the complete set.

28. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

Just picked mines up at lone Star Roundup even though I have a set coming in the mail I just couldn't wait

ImageUploadedByTJJ1365276366.226138.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Attached Files:

29. I was SOOO tempted to do the same!