Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Summer Beater? 1965 Studebaker Daytona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Internet, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Internet

Internet

I have been looking for something mid 60's to drive around while I finish up my model A. Didnt want to pay anything, just trade my 94 Sportster for something I can jump in and drive. When I started this idea, there was no way you could of told me I would end up with a studebaker.

SUPER fun 350 small block 4 speed car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Squablow

Squablow

Those are wierdly cool cars, and the two door post body style is nice looking. That one is screaming out for some period mag wheels and redline tires.

I'd say you did really well. Around here, you're hard pressed to give away a late model Sportster, no one would trade you for something like that. Well played, sir.

3. BigJim394

BigJim394

Brake drums have become hard to find for some of the 65-66 models. Front and rear disc conversion kits are available.

4. Nice trade. The end of the run Studebakers all had chevy small blocks, so you have lots of easy engine options. That car has some good lines, and i agree some vintage style straight 5 spokes would be perfect wheel choice.

5. fleetside66

fleetside66

Very cool car...I had two Lark converts, but never graduated to the Daytona big time. Now you need a set of these period Halibrand wheels that they made for the Studies back then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dtracy

dtracy

I had a 64 Daytona when I was younger, man I wish I had that car back! Excellant trade sir.

Dave.

7. aircap

aircap

Wrong on the former.
    Correct on the latter.
    Studebakers rule.