Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rumors about Brookville bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usabil, Apr 4, 2013.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

waiter...check please...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

Heard there is a barn full of 32's up north full of 32's and also heard there is a rail car full of 32's that is at the bottom of lake sumthingorother.

3. we are a few months from that:(. closest thing we have now are some red round, tasteless, foil wrapped, lumps, labeled tomatoes...

4. no Justin bieber is starting a reality show by himself, he will be singing about building hot rods. the show will be called "0 and a half man"

5. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I give this thread 1 thumbs up!!!

6. Guy Clack knows best! HRP

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1-QzLIjL1u4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

8. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

Of course I didn't call; I don't actually care either way!

Just find it funny that everyone claiming it's hogwash hasn't called either. :rolleyes:

If the original post was pointless, all the non-informative replies are even more pointless.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Not me man, I'm waiting on my strawberries...;)

10. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

First of all Body Stamping Dies Do Not live forever. The dies actually suffer from tons of pressure by doing their job and therefore dies are expected to be replaced from time to time.
    Case in point is that some suppliers may state that their products are stamped on original dies. This may be why some reproduction products just don't fit as well as the highly regarded OEM stampings. Dies actually wear out over a period of time and need to be replaced or re-conditioned.
    With the recent Government Buy-Out of General Motors and the fact that Pontiac and Oldsmobile are no longer produced, You may want to ask yourself WTF !!!
    If the Government along with the EPA decides to turn the screws, GM Performance could be (at any time) a thing of the past......
    If this happens Chevy Small Blocks may become scarce !!! There would not be a suitable replacement engine and that could possibly affect the production of any and all Ford Continuation Cars.
    I would speculate that this would affect may future Hot Rodders. Me Worry??? NO !!! I have a SBC and 350 Turbo in my garage and if I can get off of my old @$$ They will come to life in my 33 Chevy Truck...........
    Just my $.02...............................................Jeff

11. They already make a Edge "SEL" so maybe this isn't so far fetched.....

12. Coty

Coty

Beat me to it.

13. wizzard23

wizzard23

I'm on a budget, as long as Speedway is still selling cheap T-Bucket bodies, this means nothing.

14. Well, I have heard, from a high level informant that a ninja like shape snuck in the Brookville facility at the stroke of midnight and took a cutting torch to the now infamous die...........That ninja was Pat Pryor:eek:

15. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, I got it.... Why I bought it, I don't know... It was in 1977 er '78 during my "long hair" dayz.... Wait! I still have the long hair....:D

16. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

any truth to this rumor????? that would be a great day!!!!!! no a burger fan;)

17. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Oh well, if it's true you can't buy a steel kit car any more, not to panic. There'll be plenty of old steel cars left around when us war babies and boomers ride into the sunset.

18. Deuces

Deuces

With all the $$$$ they're makin'???.... I doubt it! They'll just have a new set made...

19. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

say what now?

20. Deuces

Deuces

Still trying to figure how "big brother" got mixed in with the Brookville sheetmetal....

21. Haha gotta love the hamb....5 pages of b.s. And no answers, then we get side tracked on another topic....

22. In Area 51..............................

23. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

They will have it fixed. you would be suprised what the can fix when they need to. plus its pretty hard to f-up a whole die. I build dies for a living and trust me I have f-up a few too.

24. firingorder1

firingorder1

I haven't read all five pages but did anyone contact Brookville?

25. mikes29

mikes29
    from kentucky

I've been to their shop and got a tour a couple years ago and I can tell you these guys ain't going any where . I heard last year they broke one of the dies to make the front apron and that there was a shortage of them for a while. I've been told that they make most all the panels for other suppliers also. You owe it to yourself to take a tour if your ever in their neiborhood

26. my thoughts exactly, that would be the first thing i would do if i was looking at buying a body.
    Al.

27. historynw

historynw

Your the moron that brought up the political angle...not the HAMB. It has no place here.

28. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Thanks Mule Farmer!!! It was good to hear input from a die maker. Years ago I had the pleasure of working with a manufacturer and was able to witness dies being made or cut.
    It was quite a learning curve and at age 66 I really do appreciate the work you Guys do.
    Stamping dies are really a form of art in my book.
    Now, do you have any retirement plans leaning towards re-pop sheet metal....... Jeff

29. indyjps

indyjps

After spending 8 yrs in a stamping plant, dies do crash, and get fixed. I ran a die shop, myself and 20 die makers had to make sure humpty dumpty went back together again. I'm sure brookville has skilled people in place to do the same.
    This thread is pretty funny, can't believe I read the whole thing

30. Mooseman

Mooseman

Funny thread. I work in a tool and die shop. Dies break, they have a lifespan. That's why they have toolmakers to fix them.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad